Livingston Academy

The General

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LA would not even have a prayer against Mitchell and Bolivar Central this year.

The National Prep Basketball Poll has both of these teams 16th and 17th in the nation and 2nd and 3rd in the SouthEast!! I don't see LA anywhere on the map!!

National Prep Basketball Poll

That's pretty much what LA heard all year long during football season but they proved everybody wrong and brought home the Gold Ball.

Now I'm not so naive that I think LA can do the same in basketball but anybody can win on a given night. As far as LA having a prayer against Mitchell or Bolivar I would say your absolutely right but these teams are not unbeatable.

I mean ...How many people gave NC State a chance against Phi Slama Jama in 82-83. Or Gallatin in the 70's when they won the state 3A. So never say never b/c it can happen.

I would just about bet that Mitchell or Bolivar don't win it all this year. What you say Doc !!!

Never say never is right.....with cates on the team, they are likely to go undefeated the rest of the year. Superman will probably do the same thing he has done for the past few years and that is dominate the floor with his presence. We will just have to wait and see how his presence plays out for the rest of his team later on down the schedule.

That's pretty much what LA heard all year long during football season but they proved everybody wrong and brought home the Gold Ball.

Now I'm not so naive that I think LA can do the same in basketball but anybody can win on a given night. As far as LA having a prayer against Mitchell or Bolivar I would say your absolutely right but these teams are not unbeatable.

I mean ...How many people gave NC State a chance against Phi Slama Jama in 82-83. Or Gallatin in the 70's when they won the state 3A. So never say never b/c it can happen.

I would just about bet that Mitchell or Bolivar don't win it all this year. What you say Doc !!!

Nah tree, its impossible... we will never win a gold ball in basketball.. :thumb: . Good Post

Anybody can win the gold ball, but it goes through Mitchell or Bolivar. If anybody had the chance to watch ESPN 2 last night you saw Greg Oden the number 1 highschool basketball ball player in the country. His top ranked and loaded AAU team Spiece Indy Heat got beat at The Real Deal on the Hill tournament in Las Vegas by a team that consisted of Wille Kemp (Bolivar), Wayne Chism (Bolivar), Thaddeus Young (Mitchell), and Brandon Powell (Mitchell). In that game Powell who is a 6'3 195 SG blocked a shot from Oden who is a 7'0 240 center with 1:42 left in the 4th to help their team win. All kids want to win, but those for guys refuse to lose. All 4 are unselfish, but all for will score 50 points, block a shot, take a charge, hit head first on the court, if thier teams need it. They dont play a regular shedule, Bolivar barely lost to ACD a team ranked in the top ten in the nation, and they head to the Arbys Classis to play more nationally ranked teams. Come tournament time they are primed.

I agree that is a really impressive schedule. I got a good idea, let's just cut the a Gold Ball in half, and we will let Mitchell have half of it, and Bolivar have half of it. I mean no reason to play the rest of the season, they done know who is going to win the state tournament. ONe problem! There is a funny thing about rankings, every now and then, on any given night, the number one team LOSES. College basketball is a prime example, there are 4 #1 seeds in the national tournament, and I would say it's a DARN GOOD bet they won't all win it. I would also say I got a one in sixty-four chance that none of them do. So Bolivar can be rated #1 in the country and Mitchell #2 or whatever, and I am not saying that Livingston will beat them, but i am definitely not going to say they DO NOT have a chance. I can't see why we even play a regular season, I mean with the CoachT experts, we should just take their rankings, and give all the teams a seed and play the tourney starting in November, I mean that's waht you are saying essentially. How about we let the players decide the tournament, not a bunch of BIG MOUTHS that can type on a keyboard, I can get on here and say Livingston will win state, and at this point in the season, they have as much of a chance as Bolivar, Mitchell, York, or Macon Co. There are the same amount of teams in AA so they all have a 1 in how ever many teams there are chance. Livingston may not win it this year, but give them two. Then we'll be talking a more suitable state team, once these young kids have experience. Good Luck to the Cats and coach Melton.

I agree that is a really impressive schedule. I got a good idea, let's just cut the a Gold Ball in half, and we will let Mitchell have half of it, and Bolivar have half of it. I mean no reason to play the rest of the season, they done know who is going to win the state tournament. ONe problem! There is a funny thing about rankings, every now and then, on any given night, the number one team LOSES. College basketball is a prime example, there are 4 #1 seeds in the national tournament, and I would say it's a DARN GOOD bet they won't all win it. I would also say I got a one in sixty-four chance that none of them do. So Bolivar can be rated #1 in the country and Mitchell #2 or whatever, and I am not saying that Livingston will beat them, but i am definitely not going to say they DO NOT have a chance. I can't see why we even play a regular season, I mean with the CoachT experts, we should just take their rankings, and give all the teams a seed and play the tourney starting in November, I mean that's waht you are saying essentially. How about we let the players decide the tournament, not a bunch of BIG MOUTHS that can type on a keyboard, I can get on here and say Livingston will win state, and at this point in the season, they have as much of a chance as Bolivar, Mitchell, York, or Macon Co. There are the same amount of teams in AA so they all have a 1 in how ever many teams there are chance. Livingston may not win it this year, but give them two. Then we'll be talking a more suitable state team, once these young kids have experience. Good Luck to the Cats and coach Melton.

Bolivar had thier hands full with a very good Liberty Team last night. Liberty's 2 best players foulded out with a lot of time left on the clock. Liberty is a district game for them so they have to play them twice, and I think they will beat them. The gold ball is not a lock for Bolivar or Mitchell. I'll let montague1 defend his self, but I dont think he thinks LA cant win in. We all sit together last night at the Bolivar-Liberty game, and we both think Bolivar is going down.