WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not your thread, and I'm quite sure Wes doesn't mind my post. If you can't interpret, my vote goes to Maryville, hence the #1 ranking.

How dare you undermine the premise of my thread! :rolleyes:

I agree with most of your overall top 10, but I'd switch Oak Ridge-Alcoa and MBA-Riverdale.

Ravenwood took a lesson from the 2002 Brentwood squad and scheduled BA for its first game of the season. If we can't win our own rings, at least we're helping teams in other classifications win championships!

My overall top 10 ranking:

1) Maryville

2) MUS

3) Christian Brothers

4) Ravenwood

5) Alcoa

6) Oak Ridge

7) MBA

8) Riverdale

9) Melrose

10) BA

I think this is the most parity I've seen in a long time in football. On a given night, any of these teams beats any other.

ITZME, excellent poll. I would like to see an MUS vs Maryville game. Not sure I'd put Melrose ahead of our Eagles. (plus we beat Ravenwood too). The general public should not let multiple losses to DII teams sway their opinion. I can guarantee that Baylor and McCallie would more than hold their own with any of these teams.

Go Eagles Bball!!!

How dare you undermine the premise of my thread! :thumb:

I agree with most of your overall top 10, but I'd switch Oak Ridge-Alcoa and MBA-Riverdale.

Ravenwood took a lesson from the 2002 Brentwood squad and scheduled BA for its first game of the season. If we can't win our own rings, at least we're helping teams in other classifications win championships!

I can't quibble with that. I really put MBA and BA in there because, even though by their own standards the season was sub-par, they did beat the KY big school champion and the TN big school champion respectively.

BTW, Byrnes (SC), who whipped up on MBA in the Clinic Bowl, won their big school state championship game 51-8 this weekend. That counts as a close game for Byrnes this year!

Ravenwood's season really was eerily similar to the Brentwood High season of 2002. I do think that that BA team was significantly better than this year's version, and that BHS team was probably better than Ravenwood this year.

Edited by itzme

Question; How many players does it take to dominate 1A and beat the 3A state champion?

ANSWER; 13 starters, 11 underclassmen (7-8 being freshmen)and 2 more freshmen on injured reserve

Iron man football is the toughest, most hardnosed way of playing football. It takes alot of that rare "IT" factor to play IRONMAN, and apparently that "IT" factor is only grown here in trousdale county.Dustin Dillahay made a statement in that game. It reminds me of Peyton Manning getting the heisman snub, and that flash in the pan, Charles Woodson, had it handed to him by ESPN. Peyton has proved it in the NFL, like Dillahay proved it in the boro. Next year i heard clint's gonna take it up a few notches. Now this all just hearsay so don't take this as fact but the schedule is shaping up like this

1st spring scrimmage: Maryville (AWAY)

2nd spring scrimmage: Oak Ridge:(CREEK BANK)

1st fall scrimmage 2: Ravenwood (AWAY)

2nd fall scrimmage: MBA (AWAY)

Jamboree: Permian, TX (CREEK BANK)

week 1: Melrose,Memphis (AWAY)

week 2: Monterey (CREEK BANK)

week 3: Lakeland, FLA (AWAY)

week 4: Watertown (CREEK BANK)

week 5: Gordonsville (AWAY)

week 6: Celina (CREEK BANK)

week 7: Mission Veijo, CA (AWAY)

week 8: FCS (AWAY)

week 9: RBS (CREEK BANK)

week 10: ALCOA (CREEKBANK) HC!!!!

my prediction as follows...

week 1 ;we'll have a little trouble but i think the off season scrimmages will have them well prepared. Final score; TC 27- MM 9 ("diaperdandy" shows out scores 3 TD's, 267 yrds rushing, 134 yrds rec, 24 solo tackles, he's a PTP"er, BABY!!

week 2: it's a gimme, jackets 2-0

week 3: jackets lose in double OT 20-21 (i blame jet lag, and the fact that lakeland was the #1 team in the nation in '05)

week 4: get out of town, it's a gimme, jackets 3-1

week 5: jackets roll, 4W-1L

week 6: how bout them Jackets 5W- 1L

week 7: probably the greatest high school football game ever played, EVER.

Jackets win 63-56 in a 4th qtr, 28 point comeback!!!!!!!!!!

week 8: jackets face only competition in region, TC 41-FCS 38

week 9: :thumb::P

week 10: HOMECOMING it's finally here, the champagne flows as TC upsets alcoa, final score TC 9- Alcoa 7

final record fo TC 9-1......................not what we hoped for but fair, we'll probably have several individuals looked over in the Mr. Football race too,and you know we'll walk to another gold ball

IRON MAN football is the key. wise up you little sissys :):):huh:

ITZME, excellent poll. I would like to see an MUS vs Maryville game. Not sure I'd put Melrose ahead of our Eagles. (plus we beat Ravenwood too). The general public should not let multiple losses to DII teams sway their opinion. I can guarantee that Baylor and McCallie would more than hold their own with any of these teams.

Go Eagles Bball!!!

I think your guarantee is bogus! You nned to check and see how bad McCallie was beat by Alcoa. Then check the Maryville vs Alcoa score, then see how strong your guarantee is. :P

Maryville whipped Alcoa 41-21 earlier this year. It could have been much worse also.

How a team plays at the begining of the season to the end can be different.

Look at Livingston Acad. 5 loses and still won the championship. They started to play much better in the play-off's, even beating teams they had lost to earlier.

Typically it takes longer into the season for offenses to fully develope. Defenses typically have the advantage eary in the season.

At championship time...........Maryville is DEFINANTLY not a 20 point better team then Alcoa. PERIOD!

Yea, IF,IF,IF...But IMO, with a healthy Sykes and Warren, maryville losses................. <_<

While BA did beat the big time tennessee champion or whatever there is no doubt that was only a wake up call. Ravenwood proved no doubt the better team. And to add to that, while BA does play in a tough division, the Alcoa, Ravenwood, and Maryville teams would have 5 losses in no division of football, they have more pride. MUS obviously the best in that division too would not. No doubt in my mind any of these teams would have won a matchup with BA or any other opponent when the title was on the line. These teams were the champions for a reason. They wanted it more, they prepared for it more, and they had the will to do it. Congrats on being great preparation but ravenwood vs. BA wouldn't have been close when it counted. Not any of the others. On the plus side the eagles will have plenty of talent returning.

How a team plays at the begining of the season to the end can be different.

Look at Livingston Acad. 5 loses and still won the championship. They started to play much better in the play-off's, even beating teams they had lost to earlier.

Typically it takes longer into the season for offenses to fully develope. Defenses typically have the advantage eary in the season.

At championship time...........Maryville is DEFINANTLY not a 20 point better team then Alcoa. PERIOD!

Yea, IF,IF,IF...But IMO, with a healthy Sykes and Warren, maryville losses................. :thumb:

Ok Alcoahomerfan , keep on dreaming .. Sykes was perfectly healthy against our 10 brand new starters in the first game of the year . Gee ... you think Maryville's offense with 10 new starters might have gotten a little better too ???? All of these clowns saying Alcoa would beat Maryville ( brandon100 ) were obviously not at the game ... i'm beginning to think you weren't either Alcoahomerfan . If you were not at the game , you would just see that 41-21 score and go wow , Maryville beat em good .... if you were there ... you would know the true story of how totally dominating Maryville was in this game . Coach Quarles called the dogs off big time in the 3rd quarter ... and the alcoa fans that i've talked to ( who were actually there ) know it too . You keep kidding yourself and keep talking this crap ... it just makes our boys look forward to dominating next year again .

While BA did beat the big time tennessee champion or whatever there is no doubt that was only a wake up call. Ravenwood proved no doubt the better team. And to add to that, while BA does play in a tough division, the Alcoa, Ravenwood, and Maryville teams would have 5 losses in no division of football, they have more pride. MUS obviously the best in that division too would not. No doubt in my mind any of these teams would have won a matchup with BA or any other opponent when the title was on the line. These teams were the champions for a reason. They wanted it more, they prepared for it more, and they had the will to do it. Congrats on being great preparation but ravenwood vs. BA wouldn't have been close when it counted. Not any of the others. On the plus side the eagles will have plenty of talent returning.

I've given Ravenwood plenty of credit, and was happy for them when they won. I even gave them a higher final ranking than BA in this poll. But face it...BA hasn't lost to another school in Williamson County in more than 30 years. I always love how the other teams manage to crush BA in the theoretical games you dreamers postulate, but somehow can't quite get it done on the field.

This is a recurring theme almost every year on CoachT, and reminds me that Christmas is almost here!!

Edited by itzme