State Title Attendance

SPLITBACK

I wish the TSSAA would do what they do in GA. All of the semi finals are played at the GA Dome. No teams from the same region can play each other until the state title game. The state title games are switched for the home team every year. Plus the TSSAA would make more money this way.

http://www.gasports.com/?menu=10153&web=1&...sport=1&class=5

Here is what the GA Playoff Bracket looks like. I like it a lot better

what are your thoughts

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish the TSSAA would do what they do in GA. All of the semi finals are played at the GA Dome. No teams from the same region can play each other until the state title game. The state title games are switched for the home team every year. Plus the TSSAA would make more money this way.

http://www.gasports.com/?menu=10153&web=1&...sport=1&class=5

Here is what the GA Playoff Bracket looks like. I like it a lot better

what are your thoughts

Next year Georgia is going to a neutral site for the championship games.

How about you cut back down to 4 divisions with all the teams (public, private, open zone, closed zone, small town, big town) to make the state championship a little more special. There's too many now so nobody knows which ones to go see for the legitimate title.

That has been proposed before and it was shot down the moment that it was spouted from someones mouth. It was even suggested to go to 4 classifications with single A being only public schools. All privates would play in AA, AAA, or AAAA but it does not seem that the majority want this plan. If attendance figures for both football and basketball continue to drop something will have to happen. The TSSAA cannot continue to host 8 state championships in football and not make a ton of money. Let's not forget that it is not cheap to provide food, lodging and transportation for 16 football teams that probably average over 50 players per team.

So you dont think if Knox Central was in another bracket and Maryville in the

other that a lot of people wouldnt come ???? If Central was the 2 nd best team in the state then they would make it there. You could play the game at Neyland Stadium, now you couldnt tell me that 20 or 30 thousand wouldnt be there. But, thats just my opinion. GA state title games have around 10 to 25 thousand every year.

I personally wouldn't wanna play someone from my regionin the championship game...that's the exact same reason why a subway eries in the World Series wouldn't be appealing to 95% of the nation...too regional.

Two teams from seperate ed of the state is much more interesting (ie Maryville and Melrose).

If football is anything like basketball, then most teams that came to the boro for the final game lost money. I heard that none of the teams elected to stay overnight so therefore the tssaa did not not have to pay for lodging. I don't think they pay for it anyway. They just give each school so much money and the school uses it as they see fit. I may be wrong but I think that is the way it works.