UT-Martin

center68

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I know the students are upset about this move. We are trying to build up the student fan base here on campus and moves like this won't help the cause. This action shows that UTM doesn't care about its athletic dept. and the direction it is headed in by letting a great coach like this leave so easily. I have heard stories that Coach Griffin was going to accept his 20% pay increase here as long as his asst. got a pay raise as well, and Phil Dane didn't even ask the Admin. at UTM about this. What a moron!!!

Guest catfish-hunter

Jason Simpson was named the new head football coach at UT-Martin today. Simpson has served as the offensive coordinator at UTC for the past three years and like Martin they had a huge turnaround season this year going 6-5.

What do you all think of this move???? When Griff was named the head coach he came from Maine where the previous season (2002) they won eight games and lost in the quarterfinals of the Division I-AA Playoffs to Georgia Southern. Like Simpson he was an OC at the school he previously coached at.

Jason Simpson was named the new head football coach at UT-Martin today. Simpson has served as the offensive coordinator at UTC for the past three years and like Martin they had a huge turnaround season this year going 6-5.

What do you all think of this move???? When Griff was named the head coach he came from Maine where the previous season (2002) they won eight games and lost in the quarterfinals of the Division I-AA Playoffs to Georgia Southern. Like Simpson he was an OC at the school he previously coached at.

I have had the pleasure of knowing him since he came to UTC with Coach Allison. He is in his mid 30's, a very good recruiter. He played at Southern Miss and Coach Allison was his off coord. I think he transferred to Southern Miss from either Ole Miss or MSU. He had previous coaching stops at Jacksonville St and SW Texas State.

He is a very energetic young man. Considering the circumstances, UT Martin got a good coach. Hopefully, they can give him the tools to take the Pacers to the next level.