Your All-Time AllStar team of each school

KnowALOT

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you forgotten about the great Greg Davies, who was Little All American in the early 1970's, and my self, the only 100% field goal shooter ever for AAA teams?

I had forgotten Davis and I don't know who you are..As I said, just some of the names..There are many more I'm sure.....Union City had some really good teams in the 50's and 60's,I'm just not old enough to remember them... :angry:

Mtown,

All Bolivar Basketball conversations begin with "I remember when Jose Crisp did......." Don't forget about Jose Crisp and Kenneth Reaves.

Tron Sain, Rod Griggs, and Rashad Smith should also be talked about.

I totally forgot to put Jose Crisp in there. My bad, my bad, my bad!!!!! He was one of the top 4 or 5! Sorry! The other three were also very good. There were so many that it is a hard list to make.

oliver springs has had some really good ball players come through there. i would put this group towards the top.

1. Pg Travis Williams (Carson Newman)

2. Danny shultz (Tenn Tech)

3.Barry Shultz( Tennessee)

4.Adam Carter(a senoir this year)

5.Craig Price(Temple)

Subs.

Wesley Jones

Chris White

Jonathen Green

Travis Walls

Freels played in late 70's early 80'2 dont know first name

Kane Ringley

Joe Carter

And the youngest shultz only a sophmore could end up being one of the best along with tyler carter only a freshman

• 1 year later...

Grace Baptist

Carter McMasters

Davis Eldridge

Nick Van Horn

Jeffrey Smith

Johnny Parshall

Jonathan Dilts

I know that these guys are your friends, but there have been several other players throughout the years that would be listed before some of these guys. It is funny that Dilts is listed separate from the other guys and he is the only one who is actually playing college ball. I know Davis is red shirting, but the other guys no. Albert Curtis is one who comes to mind who would be up there.

Big Cat, you've obviously been around a while...too bad you wern't paying attention......

Denton Jones...could be the best guard to ever come out of Knoxville. He was certainly the best player. Too bad he had the injuries he sustained in college.

Jimmy McGill and David Vaught at post. (neither Dalton would belong, although Gary was pretty good and can still ball 30+years later)

Coach at Carter(can't remember his name but he was a 20 point guy for a couple of years.

Craig Diegle...6'6" point guard was a tough matchup for any team

Devin Hundley or Zach Conner was the guard from a couple of years ago both could fill it up.

As for your other choices, I don't remember Rodney Myers, Greg Keck or Wille Clark so I can't comment.

Jim Lotz wasn't a basketball player he was an oboe player who was 6'8" and didn't even want to play and wasn't very good.

There were three Mabrys at Central, none of which belong on this list.

I had the opportunity to play ball with many of these players over the years and I can honestly say dear old Central High should have a much better basketball history than it has. Maybe one day basketball will be as important as football for the Bobcats.

Flatford was the guard that was coach at Carter but now is at Cosby. Should be include no doubt. Devin Hundley was the pt guard I was thinking about Conner was also a very good player but played on some very bad teams. Criag Deagle was a joke. All three Mabrys were excellent High School Players and great competitors. I had Denton Jones as well as Mcgill. Vaught was lazy and a tremendous waste of talent. I guess that is why I forgot about him.

We can agree that basketball has been the less emphasized than football. with the exception of the Carringer years the last 40 have been so so at best.

Who was the kid from one of the Memphis schools to score 100 in a game? I remember seeing it but he didn't go to college because he a long date with a correctional facility.

Most 3-Point Field Goals Attempted in a Career

1304 Taurean Moy B.T. Washington 1998-2001

Most 3-Point Field Goals Attempted in a Game - Individual

44 Taurean Moy B.T. Washington vs. Manassas December 5, 2000

Most 3-Point Field Goals Attempted in a Season - Individual

537 Taurean Moy B.T. Washington 2000-2001

436 Taurean Moy B.T. Washington 1999-2000

331 Taurean Moy B.T. Washington 1998-1999

Most 3-Point Field Goals Made in a Career

506 Taurean Moy B.T. Washington 1998-2001

Most 3-Point Field Goals Made in a Game - Individual

24 Taurean Moy B.T. Washington vs. Manassas December 5, 2000

Most 3-Point Field Goals Made in a Season - Individual

214 Taurean Moy B.T. Washington 2000-2001

162 Taurean Moy B.T. Washington 1999-2000

Most Points Scored in a Game - Individual (70 or more)

83 Taurean Moy B.T. Washington vs. Manassas December 5, 2000

These statistics came from the TSSAA web site for state records. Some of these records were also national records.

If this was who you were talking about. He really only scored 83 points. According to the TSSAA web site the only student to score more than that was Danny Boyd from Camden on January 6, 1961 at 104.

I hear he is currently enrolled at LeMoyne-Owen, trying to get his life on the right track.

East Robertson 1982-1993 Nine trips to State Tourn. 4 State Championships and 1 Runnerup. Tony Cook (David Lipscomb/MTSU

Lee Blakemore (Belmont)

Scott Murphy (APSU)

Wayne Cook (APSU)

Fitz Jones (Trevecca) Mr Basketball

Mike Webb (Rhodes)

Marcus Bell (Cumberland)

Jimbo Vaughn (Cumberland)

Carlus Groves (UT/Europe) Mr Basketball

David Woodard (Juco in alabama)

These are in no particular order. I'm sure there others