• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland High School

PG- Ricky Swader

John Taylor

Wing- Nod Carter (MTSU)

Michael Couey (Belmont/ Now HC at Cannon County)

Wing- Gerald King (Coastal Carolina/MTSU)

KJ Harden (MTSU)

Post- Drew Roy (Columbia St)

Kevrek Frierson (Hiwassee College)

Post- Matt Coble

Derrick Webb

Bench- Justin Petrali, Ronny Joe Whaley( how can ya deny the man a spot with that name?), Brennan King, Desmond Rhoes, Jimmy Lefloria(sp?), Jeffrey Baker, James Howse, Al Mitchell, Adareus Dixon, Devin Boyd, Scott Manley

Gotta move Brennan from the Bench to a starter....also Tommy Maxwell to starter, he was D1 (Idaho State). Coble actually signed with Northwestern. Will Rowland would at least be on the bench. Those teams in the 90s were loaded, and no offense, I don't think the players today could hold a candle to them. Oh yeah, Laran McCullough at PG too. Coble wasn't a post player (although I would say he deserves the top 10)...Carter and Maxwell were the posts, Fann and Coble the guards and Kawahito PG.

So here's my OHS top 10 in no particular order:

Gerald King

Nod Carter

Michael Couey

Tommy Maxwell

Matt Coble

Will Rowland

Al Mitchel

KJ Harden

Laran McCullough

Tough sport....Drew Roy probably

Siegel couldn't compete with that lineup lol :lol:

Do we include players who only played briefly...if so Phillip Cason still has to be in the top 10.....which leads to another discussion, best Players that have quit or been kicked off....hmm...OHS would be pretty good :lol:

Edited by randymc

Gotta move Brennan from the Bench to a starter....also Tommy Maxwell to starter, he was D1 (Idaho State). Coble actually signed with Northwestern. Will Rowland would at least be on the bench. Those teams in the 90s were loaded, and no offense, I don't think the players today could hold a candle to them. Oh yeah, Laran McCullough at PG too.

I knew I was leaving Rowland out, knew who he was but couldnt put a name with a face, probably right about Brennan being a starter. Tommy Maxwell was before I started to follow Oakland, but your right he should be on that team as well. Glad you could correct me, I knew my choices had a bunch of flaws. BTW, you gonna need to calm Huff Daddy down, hes gonna end up killing some poor ref :lol:

Just to make an interesting topic I wanted to see what everyone's opinions are on who they would pick for thier top 5-10 players to step on the floor for thier respected high school basketball team. I know there are some schools to bring a lot of great players through thier school, but what school would have the best team if they combined the best players of the last 20 years or so on their team.

Middleton High Tigers

1st Team

Steve Hamer-Center (Boston Celtics) 1992

Bailey Howell-Forward (Boston Celtics) NBA Hall of Fame inducted 1997

Bobby Parks -SF (Overseas Pro) 1980

James Burkley-SF ( Overseas PRO) 1980

Ricky Jones -PG (State Record Holder Assists) 1992

2nd Team

Lawrence Mason-Center

Brian Carter-Forward

Timothy Burkley-SG

Dexter Cheairs-SG

Marq Murden -PG

Edited by M-Town Baller

I knew I was leaving Rowland out, knew who he was but couldnt put a name with a face, probably right about Brennan being a starter. Tommy Maxwell was before I started to follow Oakland, but your right he should be on that team as well. Glad you could correct me, I knew my choices had a bunch of flaws. BTW, you gonna need to calm Huff Daddy down, hes gonna end up killing some poor ref :lol:

I try to stir him up more than calm him down. Maxwell played w/ Carter and Coble....tonight's game will be tough

Trenton Peabody in No particular order

Conchos Powell-Jackson State Community College

Charles Duncan-Northwestern State-Al Time leasding scorer

Kevin Easley- Mr. Basketball-Finalist-Austin Peay

Eric Wilkes-Mr. Basketball Finalist-Dyersburg State

Demetrius Tyler-Mr. Basketball Finalist

Jonathan Criswell-Football Murray State

Nichaeas Doaks-Mr. Basketball-UTC

Ronald Gentry- Jackson State

Jon McCuller-Bethel

Bolivar Central High

PG-Willie Kemp-'06

SG-Cameron "Petey" Crisp-'00

SF-Brian Lake-'04

PF-Ashley "Pap" Champion-'00

C-Wayne Chism-'06

Reserves

Jeremiah "J.R." Williamson-'02

Ryan Wiley-'03

Olajuwon "Big O" Kemp-'05

Ernest Jones-'71

I'm sure you know more about Bolivar B-ball than me, but from what I saw, I thought McNeal was better than williamson, and I also thought DeAngelo Spight was better than Kemp, Oh and just curious I thought champion was a year older than Crisp.