The GQ era at MHS

Neil

well i did find that out and i was tryin to give credit to the coaching staff. . .but yea u keep laughin untill u have to play the stick ball team . . . . it wont be pretty . . . and whose a good ole boy? ur moms a good ole girl but i didnt want to bring that into this, cuz u know i can throw out the cheap meaningless insults just as good as you can , and meet me somewhere to take an iq test, promise i'll win. i guess u have superior intelligence along with your football skills

Not only a rap star , but also a genius ..... you're truly blessed !! :unsure:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now boys, be quiet and we'll let BILLYWALKINGSTICK with his "superior intelligence" list all those "superior athletes" that Billy Blount has playing at the next level. I've listed those poor untallented Mairvul kids playing in college.....

Go ahead BILLY we're listening......

Also BILLY you didn't answer my question about whether you were different in your opinion about the abilities of the W.B. coaching staff, than most of the other W.B. people I know who think they are good coaches.....

Go BILLY, the floor's all yours.....

BILLYWALKINGSTICK all the W.B. people I know tell me that Billy Blount has a great coach too. So are you saying different?

BILLY you can have all those pretty athletes.......We'll just take the football players.

Good luck to the Govenors hoop, kick ball, stick ball, bowling, and cheerleading teams.....

Maryville does have a player at U.S.C........Cade Thompson.....We don't have one at Texas though....But we have one at Auburn, two at Tennessee Tech, one at Murray State, the starting QB for Carson-Newman, one at Marshall, three at Maryville College, etc.

I'll shut up now and BILLYWALKINGSTICK I'll let you tell me about all those...superior athletic Blount players that are playing college football. I'm sure with those athletes, that there must be many.......

Not trying to correct you Stars. Just want to give my boys some credit.

USC - Cade

USC - Ryan Jenkins - Soccer :blink:

Marshall - Scott Wilks

Auburn - Carl

TTech - Colton Baker, Brandon Waters, Jeffery Smith

CNewman - Alex Rouse, Steven Childs

APSU - Andrew Clement, (had divII&IIIoffers in football) - Baseball

MState - Rhett Brooks

I understand that Drew Gaylon is walking on at UT in the Fall

I also understand that Brad Merrit has walked on and made the UT baseball team, but this is unconfirmed with me. If Brad is correct that would be 6, Cade,Ryan,Brad, Andrew, Carl,Scott at the Div. 1A level, 7 if Drew makes it at UT, 4 at the Div. 1AA. PRETTY STRONG for a program who never has any athletes only good coaching.

I am pretty sure that Matt Gardner is playing at Centre, correct if I am Wrong, and

I think we have a kicker playing soccer at Memphis???

Someone add if missed any......

Edited by MenInBlack

Well Billy you can have baseball until Maryville gets serious about that sport. The MHS baseball team, I am sad to say has been broken for some time now. I am one who thinks the present coach needs to go and as soon as his next child graduates I say the school brings in a real baseball coach. I love JG but the record and dismal preformance of the teams of late bear the facts that something must get done if Maryville is ever going to seriously compete beyound its own district level in baseball. There are many kids walking the halls who could out play many of the team members presently on the roster, but have issues or can't get past the present selection process. Another issue for another day.

Not wanting to cause trouble, its just my opinion.

Players come and go, but George Quarles and his staff have remained pretty much in tact over the past 7 seasons. They are the "constant" in Maryville's success story.

1999 10-3 3rd round of playoffs

2000 0-4 After first 4 games

SINCE:

2000 11-0 STATE CHAMPIONS

2001 14-1 STATE CHAMPIONS

2002 15-0 STATE CHAMPIONS

2003 13-1 STATE SEMIFINALS

2004 15-0 STATE CHAMPIONS

2005 15-0 STATE CHAMPIONS

Remarkable!!!

Unbelievable!!Etc. Etc. Etc.

You are correct that players do come and go,but you must also admit that you have had run of really good players. I think we could say that the success of the program recruits itself. Central Bobcat

what do i care about the last 10 years or however many of them there were, i was never in any position to do anything about it, i siad this . . and this is web lingo, i dont see anyone writing an essay on here, so just shut your mouth. . and william blount has good coaches too . . . good ones . . ONCE AGAIN , you can not say that ALL of the coaches at maryville do no play a part in that system . . its not just quarles, he stands on the sidelines during the game with no headset on and gaylor on one side and an offensive man on the other , a coach's best weapon is his eyes, and thats what the other coaches have yet to learn

Rumor mill says that GQ is the next rec. coach at South Carolina. Any truth to this?

Wild rooster, bad rumor. When Stockstill left to go to MTSU, Spurrier had a couple of openings. Both were filled on Dec. 16 by a guy from Duke and a promotion from a former Gator player who was a GA at Carolina.

There is no vacancy on the staff at U.S.C., and definately not at WR because it is coached by Steve Spurrier Jr.

Edited by STARSNBARS

what do i care about the last 10 years or however many of them there were, i was never in any position to do anything about it, i siad this . . and this is web lingo, i dont see anyone writing an essay on here, so just shut your mouth. . and william blount has good coaches too . . . good ones . . ONCE AGAIN , you can not say that ALL of the coaches at maryville do no play a part in that system . . its not just quarles, he stands on the sidelines during the game with no headset on and gaylor on one side and an offensive man on the other , a coach's best weapon is his eyes, and thats what the other coaches have yet to learn

But BILLY what about the last 4 years you were there to do something about it?

Since W.B. "has good coaches too" and "superior athletes", what do you attribute the beatings in the last 4 years (31-10 in 2002, 35-6 in 2003, 49-21 in 2004 and 39-3 this year) that the Govs have taken in games with MHS?

But BILLY what about the last 4 years you were there to do something about it?

Since W.B. "has good coaches too" and "superior athletes", what do you attribute the beatings in the last 4 years (31-10 in 2002, 35-6 in 2003, 49-21 in 2004 and 39-3 this year) that the Govs have taken in games with MHS?

Once again u contradict yourself. The statement I have made is that the reason for Maryville's success is because of its coaching STAFF. I am sure you are a tad more familliar with the way things work over there but George Quarles does not have the whole program on his shoulders.( Offensive and defensive playcalling, who should be in, etc . . .) This is where Scott Meadow's has to improve. Marville has two highly intelligent coaches on either side of Quarle's during the game and apparently a couple very good sets of eyes in the press box during the game. So along with their uncanny ability to coach discipline and performance, they are also able to realize vulnerability, while the players are prepared and disciplined enough to maybe go off script . . . If you can call a reverse hand-off whoopidy doo WR pass in yet another state championship game off script., (all though i highly doubt it was not rehearsed) So do I think the players for William Blount were better athletes . . .yes If you were able to see them while weight training and agility training ,along with raw speed, arm strength etc . .. I believe you would too . . . And you can't possibly tell me that you think that this year's team had more talent then Melrose. . . just agree the coaching staff is superior, its not just the players. And as to your ridiculous question saying "what about my last four years" . . I have seen much better football players then myself who are unable to do anything about it. It is a team game you remember . . . I believe Cassen Jackson is playing for the University of Vanderbilt right now . . .PLAYING , not sitting , and he had a pretty tough time also.

Edited by BILLYWALKINGHORSE

So BILLY you are telling me W.B. doesn't have "intelligent" assistant coaches and no "good sets of eyes in the pressbox"? Now BILLY don't "contradict" yourself, if W.B. has "good coaches".....

Again BILLY, if W.B. has all these "superior athletes," why are none of them not on any college roster? BILLY that is a legitimate, not "rediculous" (ridiculous) question. BILLY, 40 times, strength numbers, etc.......are just that....numbers. Pretty athletes and numbers don't win games and put points on the board.....TEAMS DO......Just ask Brandon, Duck, Joey, Riggs Jr., Walter Fisher Jr., Walker, Osborne, Zach, DaDa, Lee Smith, Cody Watts, Graig Cooper, Michael Carter, etc. how many blocks and tackles GQ and Co. made?

I agree we have a great staff...which is part of the TEAM.

Cassen is doing well at the "University of Vanderbilt" (Vanderbilt University). You are right he had "a pretty tough time" against MHS. Just like the players mentioned above.....his team always had fewer points in every high school football game, than the TEAM wearing Red and Black.