Where are the best Christmas Tourneys

jamieroper

Exciting tournament upcoming in Rogersville Alabama. Loretto and Richland both travel to Rogersville Alabama to Lauderdale County High School December 26th to 29th. Loretto has a tough task ahead of it. Their first round game is against Alabama 3A Sulligent. Sulligent if in the state tournament pretty much every year and plays a rough style of basketball. Loretto should get by them. Loretto’s second round game will most likely be against a team of bumblebees. That is what I call Hazlewood. They are the #2 Alabama 1a team. They will get all over you like bumble bees. If Loretto should survive that game, they will face the winner of the #2 and #4 teams in Alabama 3a basketball. Those teams being Lauderdale County and Alabama Christian. The winner there should be LCHS. The winner of that semi-final game gets a hand full. That hand full is the #1 Alabama 4a Deshler Tigers. I believe they have won state the last 3 years. My Team, Richland, gets the pleasure of playing Deshler in the first round. That should be fun, NOT. If Richland losses that game, the opponent will be the loser of the Rogers/Priceville game. Most likely Priceville. After Richland wins that, they will play the loser of the LCHS/Alabama Christian game. Most likely Ala. Christian. I give Richland a good chance in that game. If they win that game, their next opponent would be the winner of a game between likely opponents Hazlewood and the #5 team in Alabama 3a West Limestone. Richland beat West Limestone at West Limestone earlier this year. The winner of that game will be Hazlewood. If all this occurs, Richland will get to play the bumblebees of Hazlewood. That would be wild. And that is only the lower division of the LCHS tournament in Rogersville Alabama. The upper division includes Trezevant (Memphis), Pine Bluff Arkansas, Hazlegreen, and Homewood. It should be fun. GO RICHLAND RAIDERS. Where will the best Christmas Tournament be?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exciting tournament upcoming in Rogersville Alabama. Loretto and Richland both travel to Rogersville Alabama to Lauderdale County High School December 26th to 29th. Loretto has a tough task ahead of it. Their first round game is against Alabama 3A Sulligent. Sulligent if in the state tournament pretty much every year and plays a rough style of basketball. Loretto should get by them. Loretto’s second round game will most likely be against a team of bumblebees. That is what I call Hazlewood. They are the #2 Alabama 1a team. They will get all over you like bumble bees. If Loretto should survive that game, they will face the winner of the #2 and #4 teams in Alabama 3a basketball. Those teams being Lauderdale County and Alabama Christian. The winner there should be LCHS. The winner of that semi-final game gets a hand full. That hand full is the #1 Alabama 4a Deshler Tigers. I believe they have won state the last 3 years. My Team, Richland, gets the pleasure of playing Deshler in the first round. That should be fun, NOT. If Richland losses that game, the opponent will be the loser of the Rogers/Priceville game. Most likely Priceville. After Richland wins that, they will play the loser of the LCHS/Alabama Christian game. Most likely Ala. Christian. I give Richland a good chance in that game. If they win that game, their next opponent would be the winner of a game between likely opponents Hazlewood and the #5 team in Alabama 3a West Limestone. Richland beat West Limestone at West Limestone earlier this year. The winner of that game will be Hazlewood. If all this occurs, Richland will get to play the bumblebees of Hazlewood. That would be wild. And that is only the lower division of the LCHS tournament in Rogersville Alabama. The upper division includes Trezevant (Memphis), Pine Bluff Arkansas, Hazlegreen, and Homewood. It should be fun. GO RICHLAND RAIDERS. Where will the best Christmas Tournament be?

LoL... what a joke... Loretto will have to have an extreme "off game" to lose to anyone in this tournament.. You can be the state champion of alabama girl's basketball 10 years running in the highest classification and it doesn't matter.. Alabama girl's high school ball is WEAK.... Probably one of the 5 weakest states in the country. Deshler is my only pick to play a close game with Loretto.. I expect a 3peat for the Lady Mustangs... Anything less would be an upset.

Dec 21-23 Siegel High School invades Ft. Payne Alabama for their Tournament which is on this site and you can look at the teams posted.

After Christmas, Siegel has its own Stars Classic which is also posted on this Forum and has two out of state teams and some very good teams from across the state playing in it. It would appear that every game could be close because the matchups are very good. DCA is back for another year after winning the tournament last year and everyone is looking to challenge them this year. Siegel high School, Murfreesboro, 27-29.

LoL... what a joke... Loretto will have to have an extreme "off game" to lose to anyone in this tournament.. You can be the state champion of alabama girl's basketball 10 years running in the highest classification and it doesn't matter.. Alabama girl's high school ball is WEAK.... Probably one of the 5 weakest states in the country. Deshler is my only pick to play a close game with Loretto.. I expect a 3peat for the Lady Mustangs... Anything less would be an upset.

Agreed. Alabama Girls Basketball is extremely weak. For example, a team like Hazelwood wouldn't even make it to the 1A State Tournament in Tennessee. Alabama doesn't seem to put the emphasis on girls basketball quite like Tennessee does. Loretto should roll through this tournament all the way to the final where they will probably beat Deshler by about 6 - 10 points.

I have to agree with jamieroper. This is a great tournament to watch alot of great girl's high school basketball matches. Several great basketball teams play here, 9 AM -9PM on Monday, Dec 26 & Tuesday, Dec 27 & Noon-9PM on Wednesday, Dec 28 & Thursday, Dec 29 with 2 gyms of action with the concluding championship games at 6:00 & 7:30 PM Thursday, Dec 29. Expectations are high for the Lady Mustangs from Loretto from me as well & I truely believe that they will 3peat. I do think they will not be able to have more than 1 off night in this tourney though. The last 2 years, they have had some very close games including overtime. The Lady Mustangs have picked up their game a notch or 2 in this tourney the past few years. They have been playing at this same level the last several games this season. If they maintain this level of play, I'm not doubting they go the rest of the year without another loss. We are very well balanced and have a good bench. I truely believe that at least 2 teams we beat at Lauderdale County last year, could have beaten teams that we lost to. We don't need to overlook anyone and take it 1 game at a time. I'll be enjoying several of the games at this tourney & wish good luck to all, especially the Tennessee teams, & even more special to the Lady Mustangs from Loretto!

Go Lady Mustangs!

Since I know that Richland cannot win the tournament, I hope Loretta does. However, they will have to play Lauderdale County in the semi's and then the winner of East Lawrence/Deshler in the finals. That is a long row to hoe. I really hope they put a beating on Lauderdale County. That may depend on whether LCHS's point guard is back. She got hurt at the Ardmore Christmas Tourney. Without her, LCHS has no chance and I believe very little chance with her. LCHS has some good young talent but not enough to beat Loretta. They basically go 5 deep (4 deep without the point guard). Loretta and Deshler are probably about the same size school. Deshler is rough and will try to beat Cross up inside. Good luck Loretta, bring home the Trophy. Good luck Richland, hopefully you can get 2 or 3 wins from the tourney. God bless everyone and Merry Christmas.

does anyone have a bracket that i could get sent to me or get the link to? i would like to go to some of these games. plz n thank you. i'm talking about the lchs tourney!

Email me at jamieroper@bellsouth.net and I will email you a brackett. Also, it is on Coach T both in brackett form and broken down by days. LMK if I can help.

Also, did I understand it correctly that Columbia is going to Delaware for a Christmas tournament? Wow. Yes, the better teams should play better competion. Loretta, in my opinion, should play the the upper division of the LCHS tourney instead of the lower division. There are several teams in the lower division that should play in the upper division. Even if they do not win 1st place, at least the teams you play are better and it will prepare you for your second half. Good luck to all and to all a good night. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Email me at jamieroper@bellsouth.net and I will email you a brackett. Also, it is on Coach T both in brackett form and broken down by days. LMK if I can help.

Also, did I understand it correctly that Columbia is going to Delaware for a Christmas tournament? Wow. Yes, the better teams should play better competion. Loretta, in my opinion, should play the the upper division of the LCHS tourney instead of the lower division. There are several teams in the lower division that should play in the upper division. Even if they do not win 1st place, at least the teams you play are better and it will prepare you for your second half. Good luck to all and to all a good night. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Yes, the Lady Lions leave for Delaware the day after Christmas. They play a team out of Texas in the first game who has won the large school state championship 2-3 times in the last 4-5 years. Can't find out much more about them. If Columbia wins, they will most likely face Narbone California, (can you say Candice Parker). Also the other bracket has a team from Florida with the number one recruited senior in the country. They will get a trip into New York City and Washington D.C. while there also so it should be educational also. 3/4 of the team has never flown before. Probably need to have the videos running on that first step onto the plane. We'll keep the website updated while there. www.columbialadylions.com please pray for our safe travel and hopeful no injuries.

Yes, the Lady Lions leave for Delaware the day after Christmas. They play a team out of Texas in the first game who has won the large school state championship 2-3 times in the last 4-5 years. Can't find out much more about them. If Columbia wins, they will most likely face Narbone California, (can you say Candice Parker). Also the other bracket has a team from Florida with the number one recruited senior in the country. They will get a trip into New York City and Washington D.C. while there also so it should be educational also. 3/4 of the team has never flown before. Probably need to have the videos running on that first step onto the plane. We'll keep the website updated while there. www.columbialadylions.com please pray for our safe travel and hopeful no injuries.

Candace Parker is from Illinois. She did not go to Narbonne (although many good players did matriculate there).... :thumb:

Edited by wonderingman