Wilson Central is now OPEN

Eddie

It is my understanding that Coach Aric has been named interim head coach with a good chance at the job permanently. Hopefully that decision will be made quickly. Coach Atwood is supporting Coach Aric for the head coaching position. He is happy coaching the defense (which was and will be one of the best in the region) and coaching baseball.

I know this is a relief for the team,and I am sure what Alexander would like for the players.....some security and a continuance of what they already know. Good luck to the Wildcats.

Will Aric keep with the same O and D?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is my understanding that Coach Aric has been named interim head coach with a good chance at the job permanently. Hopefully that decision will be made quickly. Coach Atwood is supporting Coach Aric for the head coaching position. He is happy coaching the defense (which was and will be one of the best in the region) and coaching baseball.

Coach Aric, my boy from Sumner Co. would be an excellent choice for head coach. He would be a Winner.

I think the "old man" is gone from Wilson Central. I think he will be at Cumberland U. with Alexander. That is just my opinion!

They seem to work well together.

I just know Coach Aric and Coach Elrod are great FRIENDS and are great fans of the EAGLES and both enjoy BIKE WASHES. Maybe this would help them stick together.

I think the "old man" is gone from Wilson Central. I think he will be at Cumberland U. with Alexander. That is just my opinion!

They seem to work well together.

From what we have been told Elrod will be at Cumberland with Coach Alexander and also Coach Crane will serve as a part time coach but continue to teach at Wilson Central and be assistant basketball coach.

The players are excided about having Coach Aric. They hate to lose Coach Alexander but are behind Coach Aric. He really has the boys respect as do all of the other coaches at Wilson Central.

What I ment by having more time with his family is based on these facts:

1. Coach Alexander teaches 3 full classes and has one planing period during the day. The classes average about 30 students per class. This is one of the heaviest teaching loads at Wilson Central. The time to prepare for the classes and grade papers is enormous. Coach A is a excellent teacher and truly cares about all of his students.

2. During the season the team does not start practice until around 3:45 - 4:00 due to the fact school is not dismissed until 3:15 and it takes that time for everyone to get ready for practice. They practice until about 6:30 (the normal 2 - 2 1/2 hours needed to prepare for 5-A football). This not only pushes the coaches late to getting home but the players don't get home until around 7 and then they have to eat and do homework. The coaches stay after practice disussing the day, preparing for the next day and cleaning up. The coaches don't get home until after 8 most of the time. On the nights before home games (be it West Wilson Middle School, Freshmen or Varsity) the coaches do field prep. Most of the time Coach A's kids are in bed when he gets home and doesn't get to see them.

3. During the off season, becasue the players don't have the ablity to lift weights during a weigh lifting class, Coach A ususally leaves home at 5:30 to get prepared for the players to arive at 6:30 for workouts. Some of the players stay after school so Coach A stays with them and might get home around 6:00 or 6:30. Therefore he puts in about a 11 or 12 hour day. He tries to split duties with other coaches but most assistant coaches coach another sport during the off season.

4. During the Summer, Coach A is always there for work outs and does field maintance (which he does during his planing period during the school year a lot of times).

Coach Alexander will have more time even though he will have recruiting and have to spend more time preparing for football. But he will not be teaching a full schedule and having to deal with an administrator that does not support the program. This is the second year in a row that the banquet had to be moved out of the scheduled locations. Last year it was moved to the cafeteria at the last minute and this year to the ag center. The principal left during the last game at Cookeville. He was not there to support the team after the lost. Every other adminstrator was on the field huging the players and telling them what a great season they had had and to hold their heads up.

Coach Alexander is a class act (he showed that by trying to contact each and every player before the news broke) and wanted to be treated with respect and face to face. He has earned the respect of every player, football parent, and teacher at Wilson Central and the community as a whole. He just was not given the support from the principal he needed and deserved.

The move to Cumberland will be a positive for Coach A. He will build a winning program and Wilson County is lucky to keep him in the community. Who knows, maybe we will see a lot of Wildcats become Bulldogs! They will follow their leader anywhere!

Hey I feel for the guy but that is coaching football, and he is not being mistreated by his work load I can asure you. 30 students 3 times a day, with 1.5 hours planning quit crying for the guy, he is a football coach and it sounds like a very familiar coaching situation. I do not know why you think his situation is so different. Not that I agree with everything that is happening, but football coaches spend there time at the field house and that is the biggest part of there life, he is a big boy and I am sure he can handle it. Oh try a 75-80 hour a week gig at the college level, then wine to me about the time he put into the program at a high school.