Playoff Predictions

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pittsburgh @ Denver-----Pittsburgh is coming off an huge game against the Colts, and Denver just ended the Pats 10 game playoff winning streak....But the key in this game will be one person....Troy Pol...whatever it is.....Troy is arguably the best defensive player in the league, and he plays like he did against the Colts the Steelers will win....I think Troy comes to play and the Steelers get the win...

No your wrong...The key in this game will be the running game...Both teams are solid running teams...I believe whoever can run the ball the most effectively and control the clock will win the game...TP is good, but won't decide the game for Pittsburg...The Bus/Parker combo will do that for Pittsburg...

I disagree! I think Pitt has become a throw first team and when they get a lead, they are the best team in the NFL at controling the clock and winning the game by letting Bettis and Parker just pound away at defenses! Almost every game Pitt has won this year they were a throw first team! In saying that, Denver hasnt lost at home this season and Cowher is 1-3 in AFC championship games(all those at Pitt) and Denver has great defensive speed! Denver will win this game! :thumb:

I disagree! I think Pitt has become a throw first team and when they get a lead, they are the best team in the NFL at controling the clock and winning the game by letting Bettis and Parker just pound away at defenses! Almost every game Pitt has won this year they were a throw first team! In saying that, Denver hasnt lost at home this season and Cowher is 1-3 in AFC championship games(all those at Pitt) and Denver has great defensive speed! Denver will win this game! :thumb:

so much for stats..... :thumb::D

i'm just glad to see all pocket passers in the championship games instead of those scrambling quarterbacks that couldn't throw their way out of a paper bag :lol::lol:

so much for stats..... :thumb::thumb:

i'm just glad to see all pocket passers in the championship games instead of those scrambling quarterbacks that couldn't throw their way out of a paper bag :D:lol:

I don't know why I always get suckered into the hype of the quarterbacks, receivers, running backs, corners, etc. When push comes to shove, it walways comes back to 1) the O and D line, and 2) turnovers. You win both those battles, you win 99.9% of the time.

Look at Seattle. 4 of their 5 linemen have played together since 2001 (I just heard that on the broadcast). Look at their running game and pass protection. It pays dividends. You want the opposite effect? Look at the Packers. 3 of their 5 starters that had been there for a long time went elsewhere before the 05 season, and look at the result.

Notice how all the QB's in the playoffs were pocket passers!!! :D

You're kidding right? Delhomme, known for his scrambling around and getting off the big play. Hasselbeck had highlights all week long on ESPN about how he scrambles and everyone knows Jake the Snake is a scrambler. The only pocket passer in the whole mess is Rothy :D