Grace v. Temple

In my opinion, Grace should have won by about 20.

As for Temple, they obviously don't have the talent Grace has and don't match up well with them. However, Temple is much better coached and more disciplined, so they will be in every game against Grace. If Grace's coach ever lets McMasters post up, Temple won't have much of a chance. Temple's only true scorer is Skogen (and boy did he hit some tough shots against Grace Saturday!). Unfortunately for Temple, Skogen will have to play at least that well EVERY game for them to have a chance.

Overall, a great series to watch and you always get your money's worth!

You can't be serious?

By 20?

Don't have the talent?

And as for the McMaster's thing, I'm not too sure about that one.

Grant it the kid is going to be a good one, but he's not quite there yet.

I think Smith held his own against him in Saturday's contest.

You are right about one thing. Skogen is a "true scorer".

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with whoever said that Temple doesnt have as much talent. Temple still has a ton of talent, but not as many standout players, just good team players. I also think that Grace doesnt play like a team but like a bunch of individuals. (which doesnt hurt sometimes but could come back to bite them sometime)

I also think Temple is better coached, which could make the diff. in these games. If Graces coaches were smart they would have Carter under the basket at all times, never leave. Just rebound ... put it back in. I think they do the high post too much , if he is gonna post he needs to post up down low. But that might have had something to do w/ him not being able to push josh around. Good Luck Friday. Its gonna be another nail biter.

I agree. They need to have McMasters under the basket. Grace played together this tournament, and it showed with them winning the title. I will stick by the statement that Grace is twenty points better than Temple. I think they have that much better of a team than Temple, but coaching on both sides helps Temple keep it close.

There is no way that Grace is twenty points better than Temple.

There is no way that Grace is twenty points better than Temple.

If McMasters went to the low block every play, and they ran their offense through him. Grace would dominate Temple....Temple has no one that can come close to handling him in the low block......

After viewing the much hyped "Grace vs. Temple" rivalry ive been hearing about for the past few years, i must say i was disappointed in the game. Sure it came down to the last second, but other then that it was a pretty un-eventful game....

Grace just likes to shoot the ball....Temples Guards overplayed on D, and Grace guards would make a move and be past them, and then pull up to shoot a jumper, instead of driving to the basket.....

With Temple Skogen is the only one who can score in the halfcourt....He is a nice player..other then him the only way they put up points was on the fast break....

I wont be attending anymore of these match-ups....It didnt even seem like a rivalry...

No -- but probably will be ready to go on Friday.

yeah he is awesome riht. didn't he have like 6 against 21st century? i heard he left N.C. to come to temple to "get more looks" maybe somone was joking with me but who knows. it sounds like a joke to me.

If McMasters went to the low block every play, and they ran their offense through him. Grace would dominate Temple....Temple has no one that can come close to handling him in the low block......

After viewing the much hyped "Grace vs. Temple" rivalry ive been hearing about for the past few years, i must say i was disappointed in the game. Sure it came down to the last second, but other then that it was a pretty un-eventful game....

Grace just likes to shoot the ball....Temples Guards overplayed on D, and Grace guards would make a move and be past them, and then pull up to shoot a jumper, instead of driving to the basket.....

With Temple Skogen is the only one who can score in the halfcourt....He is a nice player..other then him the only way they put up points was on the fast break....

I wont be attending anymore of these match-ups....It didnt even seem like a rivalry...

what's wrong with Grace liking shooting the basketball. they are a good shooting team. so why not shoot?