We miss you coach

lefty23

Smyrna have a teachers union to work on the coaches behalf?

Now lets think of ourselves as a parent...If I were a parent and an adult text messaged my child more than twice in a day, are you suspicious? Are you going to confront that adult to understand what the heck is going on. Just put yourself in that parents shoes.....

slp, It's so ironic that you would mention our Smyrna Team, as coaches have been on record, and even politically questioned, regarding discouraging female participation;and, of course, use every precaution to never be alone or allow any inappropriate communications or situations to develop.

As for Text messages, is it possible that another person got a hold of the coach's cell phone or PC? Now, It wouldn't be the first time, even on this message board. that someone was using another's screen name. And to think it was, at least, once directed to Smyrna from an alias in that neck of the woods in an ugly way. Wierd!! :thumb:

Note: I went back and edited my post (Jan 9 2006 - 04:35 PM) and apologized as it was the right thing to do.

Edited by Sommers

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sommers - again you are attempting to attach something to me that is an outright lie. I don't know Masters and I've never had a discussion with him. Any sane person should recognize that this is a completely inappropriate thread for your ongoing attempts to slander me. Step back and look at yourself. A grown man (grandfather?) posting untruths about people he doesn't know and then pulling out the elementary school phrase of "I'll tell my big brother". You repeatedly state that you’re going to stop and then rarely last a week before you start again. Please, all kidding aside, seek some counseling as your irrational behavior is unstable.

To the folks involved with this school and situation, I'd like to personally apologize for Sommers trolling into your serious thread concerning this sensitive situation.

Thanks for your concern Manley. I stand corrected in my unsing poor judgement here. Just let it go about our great coach GC and we'll be done with it, unless you want to take it to the mat sometime. :thumb:

Congrats on your boys profound accomplishments thus far!!

Sincerely,

Sommers

Newschannel5 has a story about this.

I was going to stay on the fence on this topic, however, after reading the Channel 5 News report concerning this issue, I must stay silent no more.

If this were my daughter, you would not have to get a judge to issue a restraining order, I would restrain Coach Masters myself. What adult in their right mind would text message a student like he did. What is up with "Sunshine"? What is up with Coach Masters going to the mother's work? This should be the end of the line for Coach Masters. After his doings at Kenwood, you would think he would have learned a lesson. I would term this a failure. I don't want to be too hard on Coach Masters, but when is enough...enough. He will/should never teach in the Tennessee school system, but if he does, you look for more of the same.

For those who were quick to defend him, read the News post. All of you have blamed everybody but Coach Masters. Well, it is out in the public for all to see and all of you defending him in the beginning showed poor judgement. All you did was defend him and blame everybody else. How many times does a person have to err before you see what is going on? Hopefully not long.

This is a sad story for the girl and her family as she will be looked at everywhere she goes. As for the wrestling community, we have certainly seen better days. This does not put a black eye on the sport, however, any negative publicity given the sport is not good.

People, we must rid our communities of these Predators.

P.S. I see another Sycamore teacher is in trouble. Is it something in the water?

I read the channel 5 report as well. If, all that has been told is correct, hang him! If not, he's marked for life in this state. It will follow him for the rest of his life.

Don't know Coach Masters, but do know people that have been wrongly accused of acts, and then the same folks asking for their head in the beginning jump back on the bandwagon after they have been vindicated.

Just saying, lets be careful and see how this all plays out. If he's quilty of wrong doing, he'll pay as he should. If he's not, some of you have alot of apologizing to do.

I read the channel 5 report as well. If, all that has been told is correct, hang him! If not, he's marked for life in this state. It will follow him for the rest of his life.

Don't know Coach Masters, but do know people that have been wrongly accused of acts, and then the same folks asking for their head in the beginning jump back on the bandwagon after they have been vindicated.

Just saying, lets be careful and see how this all plays out. If he's quilty of wrong doing, he'll pay as he should. If he's not, some of you have alot of apologizing to do.

Yep, good post.

Allegations, is what we have right now. that is all.

Maybe we should not participate in this then and remove this thread all together.

Yep, good post.

Allegations, is what we have right now. that is all.

I guess the picture on the Channel 5 News of a text message "Good afternoon Sunshine" is an allegation.

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess he didn't race back from the state last year driving in excess of 80 - 90 mph?

I guess he did not pass a truck in the emergency lane?

I guess he did not pass his wrestler's parents?

I guess this is all a figmant of our imagination.

I am not saying he is guilty, I am however, if it smells like a rat, then it proably is a rat.

Are you going to tell me he is innocent? You want to wait for the facts? I think the facts have been presented and he lost his job. What more do you want? Oh, I guess you want him text messaging your daughter "Good afternoon Sunshine".

Facts have been presented and he has been dismissed. If you can't understand this, then you can have him.

I guess the picture on the Channel 5 News of a text message "Good afternoon Sunshine" is an allegation.

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess he didn't race back from the state last year driving in excess of 80 - 90 mph?

I guess he did not pass a truck in the emergency lane?

I guess he did not pass his wrestler's parents?

I guess this is all a figmant of our imagination.

I am not saying he is guilty, I am however, if it smells like a rat, then it proably is a rat.

Are you going to tell me he is innocent? You want to wait for the facts? I think the facts have been presented and he lost his job. What more do you want? Oh, I guess you want him text messaging your daughter "Good afternoon Sunshine".

Facts have been presented and he has been dismissed. If you can't understand this, then you can have him.

I would rather him text messaging my daughter than my son!!!!!!!!

Ok David, let's put the shoe on the other foot for this current situation, because Lord knows, these are 2 different situations. Driving erratic and hitting on a minor are quite different.

Lets say someone has made these allegations against you! You know you didn't do it, but the emails came from your computer, have your name on them, as do the text messages. Of course your going to deny them. How many people are going to believe you? You go to court, case gets thrown out because after a full investigation they find it was all a prank that some kid was playing. Where does that leave you? No job, probably no family, no friends, etc. Why? Because you were found quilty until proven innocent.

Not saying he isn't guilty, just saying that we should wait until all the facts are in. One thing is for sure, guilty or not, his life will never be the same!

Ever know the press to be wrong? God knows Kingston does!