Bledsoe County needs help

volhead

Last night there was a school board meeting,and the status of our football program was on the agenda! There were about 50-60 people there on behalf of the betterment of our program.Our speaker brought up some fine points one of them was our current coaches record 11-39_______2-26 in the region but we pretty much got shot down by our superentendent and some members of the board,we seen small town politics at their finest, has anyone else went through this what we are if so how did you approach it and did you get any results? B)

Edited by volhead

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night there was a school board meeting,and the status of our football program was on the agenda! There were about 50-60 people there on behalf of the betterment of our program.Our speaker brought up some fine points one of them was our current coaches record 11-39_______2-26 in the region but we pretty much got shot down by our superentendent and some members of the board,we seen small town politics at their finest, has anyone else went through this what we are if so how did you approach it and did you get any results? B)

May I ask what happened last night? I was at the ballgame and heard that they were having this meeting......I was hoping that Jason Reel would get the job and that Johnny Boynton would stay on as Athletic Director.....By the way you are talking it didn't happen....

May I ask what happened last night? I was at the ballgame and heard that they were having this meeting......I was hoping that Jason Reel would get the job and that Johnny Boynton would stay on as Athletic Director.....By the way you are talking it didn't happen....

no it didnt happen!mr boynton was there and he said he was not ready to go nowhere!

no it didnt happen!mr boynton was there and he said he was not ready to go nowhere!

Then the football program will not be a thing until he retires or he quits running the 1960 offense of running it up the middle every play......He has alot of talent on that team and doesn't know how to use it.....Chris Watson will be good next year but he would have been very good had Reel got the job....

Edited by Bledsoebtheboys

Then the football program will not be a thing until he retires or he quits running the 1960 offense of running it up the middle every play......He has alot of talent on that team and doesn't know how to use it.....Chris Watson will be good next year but he would have been very good had Reel got the job....

MR boynton was a good coach back in the day. But the game has evolved since his prime;i see about five of his best players transfering to other schools!

Which former alumni are you talking about sequatchie, the one in Tiptonville or the one in Woodbury? Both are great coaches and related I may add.

i personally would love to see the one in tiptonville come home he is just what this program needs he turned it around were he is,and i have heard nothing but good things about what all he has done.hope some day he gets back here and gets this thing back on track!personally i would like to see him again he is a great guy i knew he would do good wherever he went he has the desire,and determanation to suceed they are lucky to have him up there!

I do not see either one of the former alumni come back. There are more problems in Pikeville than the coach.

1. Coach Boynton is a fine man.

2. They had the opportunity to hire the one in Tiptonville and did not even give him an interview.

3. Until politics change, Vince Lombardi could not win there.

4. Reel is not the man for the job. He has practically no coaching experience and is just too inexperienced right now. He will be a good coach.

That being said, I support Johnny and what he brings to the program. He is a stand up guy and I hope nothing but the best for him. People who think they know football are trying to run the program. If Mr. Boynton leaves, they need to hire a coach with backbone who will keep certain people out of the program. Johnny has done that and look where it is getting him. The slander of Mr. Boynton hurts more than him but also look at the dedication from the kids in the weightroom and summer program. When will it dawn on people to get behind their coaches and support them. This is from one Bledsoe alumni to another. My screen name gives it away. I hope everything goes well in Pikeville but politics is a killer.

Edited by warrior2024