Bledsoe County needs help

volhead

Hats off to the Superintendent and the school board for standing up for their coach. Bledsoe Co. may not be winning a lot of footballl games right now, but one thing is for sure: When the current coach steps down, they will get a quality coach to replace him. I know this because the precedent has been set that the administration will stand up for you as a coach. When the honeymoon is over with a new coach and he doesn't win as much as some of you (who are much smarter than coaches anyway) think he ought to, He will know that you can't cost him his job. I don't know anyone on your school board but I commend them for the stance they have taken.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen to that. I think that there should be more of that type of response. Bledsoe could not have a better person running their program from an integrity standpoint. I believe Coach Brown resigned and took the job in White County. No one runs Dickie Brown off. He left. I think people need to let sleeping dogs lie.

All I will say on the topic is good luck in the 2006 season to the warriors from an alumni and former player. Even though I am busy with my own program I check out the website to see how the blue and gold does each week. Whoever is coach I hope the work the boys hard and have a successful year. To the players, stay focused on your goals and do not be distracted by the things going on around you. Plan and prepare yourself for a successful season and work toward the goal. Good luck and go warriors.

All I will say on the topic is good luck in the 2006 season to the warriors from an alumni and former player. Even though I am busy with my own program I check out the website to see how the blue and gold does each week. Whoever is coach I hope the work the boys hard and have a successful year. To the players, stay focused on your goals and do not be distracted by the things going on around you. Plan and prepare yourself for a successful season and work toward the goal. Good luck and go warriors.

Is this Coach Barger?

As far as us knowing more about football, than Johnny Boynton, we have never said that. All we know is 11-39 (2-26 in region). This is the only thing measureable, and anyone who says any other coach wouldn't have already been gone is crazy. He is still the coach because he is a good man, played at UT , Pros , and is respected in Bledsoe County, and he should be respected. However there comes a time you have to evaluate someone on accomplishment, and it's not there, the only ones suffering are the players.

There wasn't one parent or former player at the school board meeting that defended him as a coach. The superintendent defended him for politics, and the only two school board members who said anything were defending him as a person, which no one has questioned. They never defended him as a coach, and one of these school board members was argueing how school spirirt was fine and it was high, then turned around and admitted she had not been to a game all year. Getting back to the meeting, how many students and parents of students have gone through classes and the football program with Johnny, and yet not one stood up to defend him. How can that make a coach feel?

As far as us knowing more about football, than Johnny Boynton, we have never said that. All we know is 11-39 (2-26 in region). This is the only thing measureable, and anyone who says any other coach wouldn't have already been gone is crazy. He is still the coach because he is a good man, played at UT , Pros , and is respected in Bledsoe County, and he should be respected. However there comes a time you have to evaluate someone on accomplishment, and it's not there, the only ones suffering are the players.

There wasn't one parent or former player at the school board meeting that defended him as a coach. The superintendent defended him for politics, and the only two school board members who said anything were defending him as a person, which no one has questioned. They never defended him as a coach, and one of these school board members was argueing how school spirirt was fine and it was high, then turned around and admitted she had not been to a game all year. Getting back to the meeting, how many students and parents of students have gone through classes and the football program with Johnny, and yet not one stood up to defend him. How can that make a coach feel?

Once again I'll say it......Politics controls Bledsoe County sports......I would like to see a new football coach but I knew it wasn't going to happen.....If you don't have the name in this county you don't get to coach....I respect and talk with Coach Boynton at alot of the games but I think its time to let someone else run the football program....

Coach Boynton's record speaks for itself. With only 2 region wins, maybe it is time for a new coach. Nobody ever questioned his plying record, but I don't think he has any eliibility left. As far as who the next coach should be I don't think either of the Bargers is the answer. However, they are both legion in their own minds and in the minds of lusk mafia.

Coach Boynton's record speaks for itself. With only 2 region wins, maybe it is time for a new coach. Nobody ever questioned his plying record, but I don't think he has any eliibility left. As far as who the next coach should be I don't think either of the Bargers is the answer. However, they are both legion in their own minds and in the minds of lusk mafia.

:ph34r::ph34r: ...... :lol:

I am sure they would be welcomed to the school south of the county! :ph34r:

I know who I would go after if I was Bledsoe County but don't know if he would be interested in the job or in moving again!

I don't know of any players planning to transfer to Sequatchie County. Let's not help rumors get started. Any already at Bledsoe would have to sit out one year or move.

bc2006, You are funny. I don't think anyone is on here promoting anyone for the job. The Bargers have jobs and do not worry about things going on in Pikeville. I personally believe that there are too many chiefs in the county to build a quality program. Someone explain to me theterm "Lusk Mafia?

bc2006, You are funny. I don't think anyone is on here promoting anyone for the job. The Bargers have jobs and do not worry about things going on in Pikeville. I personally believe that there are too many chiefs in the county to build a quality program. Someone explain to me theterm "Lusk Mafia?

I agree.....Do you think politics controls Bledsoe sports....