Bledsoe County needs help

volhead

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of extraneous factors that lead to a "Coaches" win/loss record. For one, he has to have the TALLENT to have a winning team. Looking at the Jr High team the last couple of years, there isn't an abundance of tallent entering the program. I'm not saying that to downgrade those kids. They work hard and give it all they have, but working hard and giving it their all is only part of it. There still has to be a certain level of raw tallent. Bledsoe is like all of the other teams in the Valley. They will have good years and bad years but they will never be a powerhouse. They simply don't have the tallent base to be there and that is not the coaches fault.

Bill... it is much easier for them to get on here and B**CH about what is not happening instead of being proactive to do something about it. As you know, coaching is a tough job, especially in the Valley because everyone expects their team to dominate every year. When they can't keep up with the neighboring county, it's time to trade coaches.

Antonio is the only player in the Valley that has a shot at playing college ball. It sounds like there are several current players posting on this thread that think they should be getting college looks. The fact is, very few kids get the chance to play at the next level. Think of all of the good players that have come through this Valley. How many have actually made it to play college ball? Very, very few. And even the one's that did, how many actually made the team or stayed until they used all of their eligibility? Not many at all, including the ones that went to Univ. of the South or Carson Newman calliper teams.

Bledsoe fans should get behind Boynton, forget the political fighting, support the team by actually showing up at the games (their stands are always empty) and be proud to have what they do have.

Nice post......

I think it is a great post, Bledsoebtheboys I am confused about your stand on the situation. On an earlier post you are wanting to run off the coach, now you are agreeing with MC dad? Please clarify, because you can not have it both ways.

I do think it is time for a new coach, but I am not one of the people trying to get rid of Johnny.....If he had the talent then he would win games......

Edited by Bledsoebtheboys

I do think it is time for a new coach, but I am not one of the people trying to get rid of Johnny.....If he had the talent then he would win games......

Fair enough, but if you don't have the talent to win regularly then Vince Lombardi would struggle. I am not referring to you here Bled, alot of people love to beat up on the coach when he does not have the players to compete.

You and I finally have found something that we agree on, it's a miracle.

OH NO. Bledsoe and Gaskins agree. Vols men's BBall ranked in the top 25, Lady Vols lose two in a row (one to UK) and the Vols football doesn't make it to a bowl game.

This has to be the end of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by fcd163

OH NO. Bledsoe and Gaskins agree. Vols men's BBall ranked in the top 25, Lady Vols loose two in a row (one to UK) and the Vols football doesn't make it to a bowl game.

This has to be the end of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.....and thats lose not loose... :thumb: ...I understand that old age gets to ya! :lol:

Edited by Bledsoebtheboys