Bledsoe County needs help

volhead

Didn't some of those kids you are talking about go to Rhea, and some did not play?

And you wonder why the boys are leaving and not playing?

It's pride. Plan and simple. Some of the talented player can't leave, no way to get to Dunlap, Rhea, Cumberland, etc.....so they just don't play. What a waste!

Don't believe the polecat; then talk to the boys that left or don't play.

I have. I know.

I don't have a kid that plays, so no personal agenda with me.

But I do love the spirit that is here, year after year, on a loosing program. The stands are full each game.

Submitted With Warrior Pride,

Polecat

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you wonder why the boys are leaving and not playing?

It's pride. Plan and simple. Some of the talented player can't leave, no way to get to Dunlap, Rhea, Cumberland, etc.....so they just don't play. What a waste!

Don't believe the polecat; then talk to the boys that left or don't play.

I have. I know.

I don't have a kid that plays, so no personal agenda with me.

But I do love the spirit that is here, year after year, on a loosing program. The stands are full each game.

Submitted With Warrior Pride,

Polecat

YOU ARE SO CORRECT, I also know some kids that could have made a big difference this year if they had played, and i can see this trend going on and on if there is not a change made soon! There is still warrior pride out there it just needs a shot in the arm! two years ago the seniors on that team called out the coaching staff and asked them why they didnt want to win and that didnt even get their attention. and from then on it has been a ripple effect!

Edited by volhead

Maybe your program is at an all time low because the kids are "just going through the motions". :lol: The kids shouldn't need to have a coach to get them motivated. I know when I played, I didn't have to rely on the coach to get me pumped up about the game. I was ready to practice and ready to play, any time...any where. The problem with a lot of kids today is that they are too motivated by their XBoxes, Playstations, and Game Cubes and are too lazy to get off the couch and work to improve their performance. Is that the coaches fault? Kids expect the coaches to "do something" as a reward for them putting forth an effort. Self improvement is not an intrensic motivator anymore.

You talk about your abundance of talent at the Youth level. Do you think that Bledsoe is the only place that looses talented players? There are a lot of very talented youth league football players that never make it to middle school or high school. Their parents divorce and one moves away taking the kid. They start playing soccer, baseball or some other sport and decide to focus solely on one sport. Some of the kids in Youth Leagues get hit really hard and decide that they don't want play at all. Some kids fall out after Youth League because playing sports affects their grades and Mommy and Daddy make them quit. Some kids stop playing because their parents get mad at the Youth League Coaches and make them stop playing. Some kids just get burned out and quit. Some parents decide that they want a Private School education for their kids starting in Jr. High. And, then, yes, there are some (although very few) that don't play because their Mommies and Daddies don't like the MS and/or HS coaches so they move them to other schools. This happens at every recreation league in the country. It's a fact of life. Deal with it.

One year. One game. And your excited. :) Yes, I'm from one of the counties that has been successful against Bledsoe over the years. My first experience with Bledsoe County sports was during Jr. High way back in the late 1970's. I've seen a great many Bledsoe County football games (probably more than you) and can honestly say that the support now is no better or worse than it ever has been. How many people did you bring to Jasper this year for our game? When is the last time that you had a crowd of any size when you visited Jasper? I'll answer that... 1987. Again, I'll say that instead of getting on here bashing your coach and program, you need to be supporting your team. Who cares if you don't like the coach, at least ACT as if you like the kids. And I'm not necessarily pointing to you specifically Volhead, because you apparently do attend the games. I'm talking to all of Bledsoe County citizens that refuse to come to the games and are trying to get rid of the coach. Stop being a distraction and show support for the kids. Maybe if more of the community would come out on Friday night to show their support, the kids just might do something besides "go through the motions".

Wow ! I am impressed.

Maybe your program is at an all time low because the kids are "just going through the motions". :thumb: The kids shouldn't need to have a coach to get them motivated. I know when I played, I didn't have to rely on the coach to get me pumped up about the game. I was ready to practice and ready to play, any time...any where.

Yes, I'm from one of the counties that has been successful against Bledsoe over the years. I'm talking to all of Bledsoe County citizens that refuse to come to the games and are trying to get rid of the coach. Stop being a distraction and show support for the kids. Maybe if more of the community would come out on Friday night to show their support, the kids just might do something besides "go through the motions".

Well MC-dad, i agree with some of your post but not all of it,the first thing you are dead wrong about is the modavation, the coach has to get a team up,he is the head of the team these kids look to him for his leadership he has to take the lead in this area that is a fact and you gotta agree with me on this,kids are different in a lot of ways now than they were when we were that age. yes kids should be up for games and even practice on their own somewhat but the coach has to bring it all out in them.Also you were at the MARION-BLEDSOE game this year and as a fan with some knowlege of the game what did you think when we ran four series of plays with this exact play calling, three runs up the middle(between the guards) and then we punted, four series in a row! Tell me if you were on this team could you keep modivated? I sure couldn't!These kid's are not stupid they can think for themselves they know that their coach is the one just going through the motions! The last thing i want to point out is the ones wanting to see a change made is not a distraction! We are just passionate about OUR program and enough is enough,and in the last three weeks alot more people are saying they want to see a change also, everyone here knows that the coach in place is not as enthusiastic as passionate as hard working and as modavatid to do what it takes to win and if you were here and had anything vested in this program you would see this also!

I have been a Valley fan since my first SCHS game in 1977. I have seen alot of football and I have seen what interference from well meaning boosters and fans can do. To me there are 3 things that seem to be obvious.

1- Kids do listen to what is said about what is happening. Just look at BC2006's comments about what his daddy told him.

2- It was stated that the current coach is not as passionate, as hard working or as motivated to do what it takes to win. To me that sure does sound like the previous coach that left because he got fed up the local politics. The change in the program at his new school is as dramatic as the changes in Pikeville's since he left.

3- No matter what happens, the locals will be divided and the kids will continue to suffer.

Boynton was hired just a few days after Brown left, so it is obvious that applications were not taken and deals were made that insured that a local got the job.

My suggestion for what its worth....stop asking for sympathy for a self-inflicted wound. Put the kids first and get behind the staff you lobbied so hard behind closed doors to get, but, if the job does open.....keep politics out of the hiring process (if thats possibe).

Boynton was hired just a few days after Brown left, so it is obvious that applications were not taken and deals were made that insured that a local got the job.

My suggestion for what its worth....stop asking for sympathy for a self-inflicted wound. Put the kids first and get behind the staff you lobbied so hard behind closed doors to get, but, if the job does open.....keep politics out of the hiring process (if thats possibe).

Man you hit the nail on the head!!!!!!! there were some applicants that never got a look and we are suffering, and a program in west tennessee is reaping the rewards of that one!!!!!!!

You just don't get it.....do you? It's not a matter of being content with the status of YOUR program. If you read all of my posts, I've said repeatedly that the stronger the Valley Teams are, the better it is for us. Competition is good.

My concern is for the coaches. I have a lot of friends who coach and it bothers me that fans and the community will turn on a coach and publicly cast stones until the house crumples. Whether it is getting on a forum such as this or just poor mouthing him/her at the local diner, you do absolutely NOTHING but bring down the program. There are other avenues to voice your displeasure with a coach, publically critizing is not a good one.

Just like those Jasper folks trying to put their opinion everywhere it is not wanted. Just worry about your own problems down there in jasper MC and let Bledsoe worry about theirs.

Just like those Jasper folks trying to put their opinion everywhere it is not wanted. Just worry about your own problems down there in jasper MC and let Bledsoe worry about theirs.

You are obviously from either SP or Whitwell so you have no business posting on here either. So go back to your comics and leave the message boards to the grown ups.