Bledsoe County needs help

volhead

I'm intrigued by you newfound enthusiasm. But I don't understand why I'm being dragged into this. My comments were towards the fans that publically bash their current coaches. I didn't realize that I was being overly negative. If I hurt your feelings, I am truly sorry.

I was actually jumping on your band wagon.

Your correct, get rid of the vinegar and bring on the honey.

Seriously, you are a little rough on volhead.

You may want to talk it up with him.

He has lots of energy about football. 24/7

Nothing like positive energy to keep this going.

SO, what's next ????? :ph34r:

BTW, Just for the record,

I have no feelings, about anything, ever,

So just keep bringing it.....cause I surely will.

Polecat

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I REALLY don't think that either of the Barger boys would come home to the mess they've been hearing and reading about. Add the fact that Pikeville SNUBBED them before when you had the chance to get them both. Add to that the way you treated the previous coach, who they played for and seem to have a great deal of respect for and I think you would get a big "NO THANKS" to coming home...however, moving south a few miles to join us might be a better choice! :thumb:

lets set this straight PIKEVILLE didnt snubb nobody maybe some of our wonderfull leaders did but pikeville DID NOT! We as citizens of pikeville are nothing but proud of david and chad yes the one's in control of this system made a huge mistake by not trying to get either of them,i personally dont know if either are interested in leaving were the are,i heard if david ran for mayor of tiptonville he would win by a landslide,they hold him in high regard up there and i dont blame them! As for Chad he done wonders for the lion's this year and i hear he is gaining alot of momentum there in C.C.

well thanks for the interference from marion amd sequatchie as for bargers please dunlap take them they always thought they were from there anyway. it might be a good idea to go there because as i said cannon county was a fluke and will NEVER happen again, we are working really hard and the bad talking people will have to eat their words. don't let the mafia back on this thread

As a former REAL WARRIOR when we played a real schedule and actually won games and were the force to reckon with in the valley i have a few things to say.

1. The Barger's you must be kidding. One is winning over in the west end of the state and then got beat in the playoffs unmerciful. The other is at Cannon County enough said. Neither of them can win in this league and they know it.

2. I have seen mention of a fine young man named Jason Reel, he will make a great coach some day with some work... and both of his brothers were REAL WARRIORS... He would know what it takes.

3. As far as the group going around trying to run off coach Boynton, get a job. That is the responsibility of the administration and they will address this problem soon enough.

4. Finally we all know what type of coach we need to get the job done. One that knows the game and knows what it is like to wear the Blue and Gold and win. His father coached me and we knew how to get the job done... like him or not. I know his son is in another state now coaching, but if we could land him the Warrior Pride would be back.

I do not like writing on these stupid things, but it was time for someone to say something about Bledsoe County football that knows what it is like to win.

I'm sorry I didn't bow down to your tremendous coaching records. One of you got beat in the first round, the other by Taft. As far as my playing career I had the privelege of playing for Coach Boynton, but I think with the talent we have, we could contend for the region championship.

O.K. its very easy to talk "hotshot". Let me ask you something...Have you ever been IN the playoffs?? Pretty bold statement you made...winning yall's region and all. I do have to say this, yeah we got put out of the playoffs 1st round, and I was highly disappointed, but no matter what I stuck with my coach and I ALWAYS will. A TEAM consists of players and coaches working together...I think yall might wanna look into that. A coach can only do so much, it is left up to the players to get it done. Has your coach ever fumbled the football or missed a tackle??...mine hasn't. Let me just leave you with this "good buddy". If you can't support your coach, you need to take up tennis.

pikevol, you got one thing right, one Barger is WINNING in the west end of the state! More than I can say about some other programs. Also don't forget that as an assistant coach he was WINNING in that region. So yeah he knows what it takes to get it done in the valley. Funny how all these people come out of the wood work like they know you. Buddy, you don't have a clue. the Bargers don't have to talk trash their records and reputation among their collegues speak for themselves. Those two Coach of the Year Awards David has and the turnaround in the Falcon program says enough. Chad record,4-6, and BEAT Bledsoe, call it a fluke or whatever bottomline is he got the W, first time in 10 years that program won at least four games. He did it in 1 year. These guys know they are good coaches, they have support from their communities to prove it. I promise you they don't need reassurance from some haters in Bledsoe County to make them feel good. To finish up BC2006, Bargers need to go to Dunlap b/c they think they are from there anyway, did you ever think it was because they were treated a little better on the south end of the valley than the north end? As for a Barger in Dunlap, be careful what you wish for!!

Edited by wardawg2038

Bledsoe needs to realize there is more than one opponent on the schedule before they can ever get where they want to be. Having the Sequatchie football game at the start of the season and losing by four touchdowns killed the season early for some, from what I have been told by more than one person. Same for other sports, I've read on here repeatedly "Bledsoe will play their best game of the season against Sequatchie" in basketball, baseball, whatever, why not play your best, be focused, each game out?

I remember when Swafford had success in the early 80's.......but didn't the local politics force him to step down after his most successful season? He won 9 or 10 games and went to 2nd round and was shown the door...no my idea of supporting a winning program.

As for playing a real schedule and winning games while Swafford was coach, I don't think your schedule was any tougher than the years (late 90's I think) that they had AAAAA Cumberland Co. and AAAA Hixson along with the valley teams and Tyner and were just as successful.

According to TSSAA playoff records, Pikeville Has made the playoffs 10 times and advanced to the 2nd round 4 times. The 2 coaches who are responsible for the bulk of those, Brown in 93,94,95,96,98 and 99 and Swafford in 83 and 86 were both victims of local politics.

I can't debate on if either or both were forced out or left fed up with the interference, the only thing I see is the fact that your 2 most successful coaches in the last 30+ years of your program both weren't left alone to run what appeared to be solid and successful programs.

Dunlap has regretted letting Fritz go since the moment he left. I'm sure Marion feels the same about Colquette. How many times have you heard someone from Grundy wish for Chris Pickett to return?

Bottom line, leave successful coaches alone and your programs would be just fine.

I remember when Swafford had success in the early 80's.......but didn't the local politics force him to step down after his most successful season? He won 9 or 10 games and went to 2nd round and was shown the door...no my idea of supporting a winning program.

As for playing a real schedule and winning games while Swafford was coach, I don't think your schedule was any tougher than the years (late 90's I think) that they had AAAAA Cumberland Co. and AAAA Hixson along with the valley teams and Tyner and were just as successful.

According to TSSAA playoff records, Pikeville Has made the playoffs 10 times and advanced to the 2nd round 4 times. The 2 coaches who are responsible for the bulk of those, Brown in 93,94,95,96,98 and 99 and Swafford in 83 and 86 were both victims of local politics.

I can't debate on if either or both were forced out or left fed up with the interference, the only thing I see is the fact that your 2 most successful coaches in the last 30+ years of your program both weren't left alone to run what appeared to be solid and successful programs.

Dunlap has regretted letting Fritz go since the moment he left. I'm sure Marion feels the same about Colquette. How many times have you heard someone from Grundy wish for Chris Pickett to return?

Bottom line, leave successful coaches alone and your programs would be just fine.

Man you got that right!I dont know what it is but the local politics have got some mud on their face,i dont know about mr swafford being forced out but i know you either hated him or loved him but all in all he was a pretty good coach,he always had his team in shape and ready to play,as for dickie it's 50/50 he was not forced out but i think it was a mutual parting of ways!! Both were good coaches here in B.C. It has gotten to the point here that if you want to see a change made you are being a distraction and playing politics,etc ETC. I am just gonna try to keep a positive attitude about things and hope things get better here in B.C. To all the players that read these threads, You gotta stay strong and keep playing the game that we love! You guy's better be in the weight room! For the ones that are working hard for next season keep it up ,and for those kids that are not you better get in there,that is your responsablity to be ready! Its for the leaders and captains to be suer everyone that is a part of this team hit's those weights this off season so get the others in there you guys! Lets have a good off season and a better season next year ole volhead will be in the stands cheering for you guys! Remember this if you dont work for it you will never have it!

Amen brother.....you have made more sense than anyone.....i 2nd that...

WOW! Is this the same Volhead? :lol:

All i am saying is the politics just stink,and i am not gonna go that route,yes we still need a change but thats just my opinoin.I wanna see this program go foward thats all,i dont care who the coach is,i just want B.C. to be competitive again and the kids to have the best of opportunity's. <_<