Bledsoe County needs help

volhead

It was not too long ago down in Jasper they were casting stones,No let me rephrase that boulders, at a coach. No community support and so on. MC-Dad is correct it makes it impossible for a coach to run a program when the kids go home and hear how terrible their coach is and how he doesn't know anything. My point is this does not only go on in Pikeville, it happens in alot of places even the south end of the valley.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was not too long ago down in Jasper they were casting stones,No let me rephrase that boulders, at a coach. No community support and so on. MC-Dad is correct it makes it impossible for a coach to run a program when the kids go home and hear how terrible their coach is and how he doesn't know anything. My point is this does not only go on in Pikeville, it happens in alot of places even the south end of the valley.

Yes wardawg,

We have had our share of stone casting down here also. Its tough enough to coach against your common opponents let alone your fans in the stands. In most cases the kids are the ones who suffer the most.

Wardawg is right. There is too much stone casting on this board. I hope in the future this board is dedicated to supporting coaches, players, schools, and athletics rather than a board to trash talk, start rumors, or tear people down.

O.K. we may be quite brash at times and i am not trying to cast boulders just state facts. In every walk of life there comes a crossroads some people go left some go right,and that is were we are at right now. A lot of the talk of the politics that go on here in B.C. well we are just one of many in this wonderful country we live in, that has this very same thing called politics! But i am not going there i just want a better program for those young men! If MR Boynton. can turn it around GREAT but in (my opinion he had his shot)! Is four years enough time? In this case yes, the writing is on the wall and everyone knows this,it's time! P.S. THERES NO PLACE LIKE HOME! THERES NO PLACE LIKE HOME! THERES NO PLACE LIKE HOME! ;)

Volhead you are right in that there is small town politics everywhere. That is the point I was making in my post. I also know, sadly because of previous experience, how tough it is to coach without support. I have been a part of a program wheree the staff had little support and part of a program where tremendous support by fans and administration. Believe me it is much easier where you have the support.

O.K. we may be quite brash at times and i am not trying to cast boulders just state facts. In every walk of life there comes a crossroads some people go left some go right,and that is were we are at right now. A lot of the talk of the politics that go on here in B.C. well we are just one of many in this wonderful country we live in, that has this very same thing called politics! But i am not going there i just want a better program for those young men! If MR Boynton. can turn it around GREAT but in (my opinion he had his shot)! Is four years enough time? In this case yes, the writing is on the wall and everyone knows this,it's time! P.S. THERES NO PLACE LIKE HOME! THERES NO PLACE LIKE HOME! THERES NO PLACE LIKE HOME! ;)

I REALLY don't think that either of the Barger boys would come home to the mess they've been hearing and reading about. Add the fact that Pikeville SNUBBED them before when you had the chance to get them both. Add to that the way you treated the previous coach, who they played for and seem to have a great deal of respect for and I think you would get a big "NO THANKS" to coming home...however, moving south a few miles to join us might be a better choice! :D

Edited by oldkob

I'm sure that the folks from Pikeville who have kept up with this topic are also reading about the coaching opening in Dunlap. There is alot of interest from quality coaches about coming to the Valley. If the opportunity presents itself to get a new coach, don't allow the "powers that be" to slip someone handpicked for the job in the backdoor!

The old saying that those who don't learn from their mistakes are bound to repeat them is a good one. If you continue to do the same things you are doing, you will continue to get the same results you are getting.

Not to mention how many of you coaches read these posts. What coach in his right mind would want a job where the fans are constantly bashing him in an open forum such as this. It's not like your jobs are tough enough already.

Let MC-Dad and Polecat set the record straight. (I took the liberty, hope you don't mind)

The type of discussion on this board should be positive.

SO NO MORE NEGATIVE STUFF. (What you say MC-Dad?)

We love the coaches.

We love the players.

We love the fans.

We love the opposing team.

We love all the teams in our conference.

We love the referees.

We even love Jasper. (Little joke there big guy, lol)

But most of all,

WE LOVE OUR FOOTBALL !!!!!!

Please forgive the previous posts that were not postive.

Sometimes simple passion for winning is a little misunderstood.

Their intent is good, but the method of delivering the message of a little strong.

I (we) vow to tone it down.

Watch you say guys ? Can't we all just get along??????

So, Please join our enthusiasm about BCHS football and continue this posting to promote awareness, professional conversation and a desire to continue to improve our program.

The only desired change is to be competitive, again.

So, what you think MC-Dad ?

Respectfully,

Polecat