Powell's Larry Stephens Resigns as Head Coach

PowellFan

Here you go. My source is Daryle and other members of the coaching staff at Powell. I tend to believe them.

Below is a link to Rival's site. Click on it. It shows offers on the table from VPI, Auburn, and Louisville. It doesn't show a Bama offer. I'll give you that one, although I understand that the offer was on the table until Lee reconfirmed his verbal to UT and declined an official visit to Bama.

In any event, if you don't believe me do you believe Brent Hubbs?

http://tennessee.Unapproved Website/viewprospect.a...=1&pr_key=35969

You never did answer the question: If Lee isn't worthy of those kinds of offers and only got a UT offer because of Daryle, then how did Daryle convince VPI, Auburn, and Louisville to offer Lee? Answer that one or find another dead horse to beat.

And by the way, if an employee of the Alabama football program was discussing athletes with you that they are or have been recruiting then they have committed an NCAA violation. They can't discuss unsigned athletes with anyone outside of their own athletic department or the potential recruit and his parents, and the recruit's high school coaches and school administrative personnel until after signing day. Those are the rules. Go to NCAA.org and find it for yourself.

Really, you have no crediblity when it comes to your allegations. Find another dead horse to beat.

The only thing on that site (which I look at often) is HIS college choices. That doesn't mean that those colleges have offered him. And another note....He went on an unofficial visit to VPI correct? Why was it not an official visit? Was it because VPI had not planned on offering him a scholly? HMMMMM inquiring minds want to know. And you say your source is Daryle? LMBO Now I am starting to understand things a little more. Since has Alabama done things on the up and up anyway? Go ask Huber if they offered Lee a scholly. And I got a horse for ya to beat and it ain't dead!!

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing on that site (which I look at often) is HIS college choices. That doesn't mean that those colleges have offered him. And another note....He went on an unofficial visit to VPI correct? Why was it not an official visit? Was it because VPI had not planned on offering him a scholly? HMMMMM inquiring minds want to know. And you say your source is Daryle? LMBO Now I am starting to understand things a little more. Since has Alabama done things on the up and up anyway? Go ask Huber if they offered Lee a scholly. And I got a horse for ya to beat and it ain't dead!!

You are an absloute moron. Do you see the column that says "offer"? That means the school has offered a scholarship. It's not rocket science.

Lee cancelled official visits to Tech, Auburn, and Bama when he reconfirmed his verbal to UT.

Do you know how the process works? Prospects generally take unofficials to schools to check things out before coming back for an official visit, if they are offered one by the school. A school can only bring 55 players in for official visits in a recruiting cycle. Prospects can take as many unofficials as they want to and get game tickets and one meal on the unofficial. On official visits school pay for travel, accomodations, and meals.

Yep, Daryle is a friend, but he's not the only source of information I have.

You really don't know how it works, do you? If you did you wouldn't be acting like such an idiot.

I'll ask Baron if he has talk to somebody who goes by your screen name on CoachT. I need to call him, anyway.

You really are a piece of work.

You never have answered my question: How did Daryle manage to talk VPI, Auburn, and Louisville in to offering Lee if they didn't feel like he is worthy of a scholarship?

Go back and carefully look at the Rivals site and think about what you are reading, if you are capable of digesting such complicated information, which is doubtful at this point. I provide a link to the most nationally reputable college football recruiting website there is, and you still don't believe it. :thumb:

Edited by HTV

HTV, I researched the all-region thing and was told by a coach in region3-4a that the coaches do not vote on the team, they are appointed by their coach by the decending rank in the standings. I also heard that Lowe was at the b-ball game the othewr night with his visor on backwards, do you think he needs to slick up his image to have a shot at the job?

HTV, I researched the all-region thing and was told by a coach in region3-4a that the coaches do not vote on the team, they are appointed by their coach by the decending rank in the standings. I also heard that Lowe was at the b-ball game the othewr night with his visor on backwards, do you think he needs to slick up his image to have a shot at the job?

Maybe a more mature and professional image?

Guest PiMPiSH

Maybe a more mature and professional image?

Hello, everyone. I've read all the previous post to catch up. I have a few comments concerning the vaccant coaching position. I appreciate Lowe's passion I see on the field and his loyalty to the school. However, I have witnessed in person a lack of "fair" disipline on his part and wonder if that would affect Powell's success in the win column. I felt it was a factor during the last season. 2nd, who in the world is going to lead this team at QB. That job is there for whoever wants it and right now, I only know of 1 individual who is busting his rump, trying to improve his skills at QB. Of course, with no coach encouraging the athletes to train may be a reason for that. Makes sense...just the same...1 individual, that's it! Any oppinion on who will be QB next year?

We've been told two different things, then. I'd be interested to know exactly how it works.

Obviously the higher a team finishes the more first team slots they get.

I saw Matt at the basketball game on Friday. He had a visor on, but not backwards, or at least when I talked to him.

Hello, everyone. I've read all the previous post to catch up. I have a few comments concerning the vaccant coaching position. I appreciate Lowe's passion I see on the field and his loyalty to the school. However, I have witnessed in person a lack of "fair" disipline on his part and wonder if that would affect Powell's success in the win column. I felt it was a factor during the last season. 2nd, who in the world is going to lead this team at QB. That job is there for whoever wants it and right now, I only know of 1 individual who is busting his rump, trying to improve his skills at QB. Of course, with no coach encouraging the athletes to train may be a reason for that. Makes sense...just the same...1 individual, that's it! Any oppinion on who will be QB next year?

Obviously, Matt Abba is the number one quarterback right now. He was the number two guy and started and played the entire game against Clinton when Watts was injured, and Matt played very well that game. Yes, it was Clinton, but Abba graded out very highly in that game.

Coach Stephens isn't gone yet. He and the staff are still overseeing winter workouts. To say that there is no coach encouraging the athletes to train is just not accurate. Besides, the players have some responsibility of their own to continue to work. They know that somebody is going to be the head coach next year and the players still have to perform, no matter who the head coach is.

You alleged that Matt has been "unfair" with particilar players. If you are going to make those kinds of accusations, expound on it. Don't point fingers without specifics.

I've watch Matt coach since the day he joined the Powell staff. He is a hard nosed coach and he has expetations of his players, but i've never heard anybody accuse him of being "unfair". The best players play, as it should be, with Matt.

Guest PiMPiSH

Obviously, Matt Abba is the number one quarterback right now. He was the number two guy and started and played the entire game against Clinton when Watts was injured, and Matt played very well that game. Yes, it was Clinton, but Abba graded out very highly in that game.

Coach Stephens isn't gone yet. He and the staff are still overseeing winter workouts. To say that there is no coach encouraging the athletes to train is just not accurate. Besides, the players have some responsibility of their own to continue to work. They know that somebody is going to be the head coach next year and the players still have to perform, no matter who the head coach is.

You alleged that Matt has been "unfair" with particilar players. If you are going to make those kinds of accusations, expound on it. Don't point fingers without specifics.

I've watch Matt coach since the day he joined the Powell staff. He is a hard nosed coach and he has expetations of his players, but i've never heard anybody accuse him of being "unfair". The best players play, as it should be, with Matt.

Absolutely, the best should play...period. I think you miss understood me. I have all the respect in the world for Matt Lowe and didn't mean to imply that he wasn't qualified. Nor did I intend to offend you. Just trying to be objective.

Ok, per request, what I witnessed was this. Pregame, 5 players walked out of the locker room to begin stretching, pregame stuff. Because they didn't come out "as a group" he sent them back in...3 of them anyway. The other two he slapped on the butt and told them to go ahead and get loose. My father-in-law and I looked at each other and just shrugged our shoulders. 3 players (non-starters), took heat while the other 2 (starters) got nothing. One of the 3 players sent back had to walk past his father (no, not me) and the father was pretty ticked about it too. Nothing major but it did just the same, unfair.

Again, please keep in mind, this is just talking amongst sports fans. Try not to take it so personal next time. HTV, I see you on here alot and respect and appreciate your knowledge and oppinion....how about the same for mine.

PEACE

Absolutely, the best should play...period. I think you miss understood me. I have all the respect in the world for Matt Lowe and didn't mean to imply that he wasn't qualified. Nor did I intend to offend you. Just trying to be objective.

Ok, per request, what I witnessed was this. Pregame, 5 players walked out of the locker room to begin stretching, pregame stuff. Because they didn't come out "as a group" he sent them back in...3 of them anyway. The other two he slapped on the butt and told them to go ahead and get loose. My father-in-law and I looked at each other and just shrugged our shoulders. 3 players (non-starters), took heat while the other 2 (starters) got nothing. One of the 3 players sent back had to walk past his father (no, not me) and the father was pretty ticked about it too. Nothing major but it did just the same, unfair.

Again, please keep in mind, this is just talking amongst sports fans. Try not to take it so personal next time. HTV, I see you on here alot and respect and appreciate your knowledge and oppinion....how about the same for mine.

PEACE

You aren't offending me at all, and I didn't mean to imply that.

I've never seen anything but fair treatment from Matt in time at Powell. I was simply wondering what might have demostrated that opinion. He was one of my son's position coaches for 3 years, and while my son didn't always agree with him he respected him personally and as a coach.

No problem.

Edited by HTV

Guest PiMPiSH

You aren't offending me at all, and I didn't mean to imply that.

I've never seen anything but fair treatment from Matt in time at Powell. I was simply wondering what might have demostrated that opinion.

No problem.

Cool, cool.

Other than Matt Abba, is anyone else in the running. Matt did play well against Clinton...but it WAS Clinton. Word is, there are several guys talking about trying out for that spot. Abba will be a junior, right? I'm also concerned about team speed. Whoever the QB is,...who will he throw it to. My understanding is that Thrower is not playing due to all the concussions he's had.

Cool, cool.

Other than Matt Abba, is anyone else in the running. Matt did play well against Clinton...but it WAS Clinton. Word is, there are several guys talking about trying out for that spot. Abba will be a junior, right? I'm also concerned about team speed. Whoever the QB is,...who will he throw it to. My understanding is that Thrower is not playing due to all the concussions he's had.

Yes, Abba will be a junior.

Both are great questions. The number three QB at the end of the year was the freshman. He played well, but he's not ready to step up to the varsity level yet, and at about 5'5" he certainly isn't tall enough yet to play. Besides, i'm hearing rumors that he may stick with basketball and give up football. We'll see if that happens.

The other sophomore quarterback missed the entire season with an injury, so after Matt things look to be wide open.

I'd be surprised if Brandon returns to football. With the problems he has had, it's just not worth the risk. Thibedeaux (don't think I spelled that right, but I don't have a roster close by) played well at times, and he's got to step up and be ready to be the go to guy next year. Whatley made progress at WR, as did a couple of other young players. That position is wide open, too.

There are some very good athletes at Powell, but many of them are young and inexperienced. Some of those guys are going to have to grow up in a hurry.

Obviously with the experienced Huff at tailback and Lakin and Loope at fullback the running game is going to be key for offensive success.

Wild Rooster seems to be in the know as far as all-region selections are made. My better half talked with some coaches and was told that is the method used by most regions. The top team gets the most players selected and the bottom team gets the least. The only selections VOTED on by the coaches are the MVP's (back, receiver, lineman, C.O.Y., etc.)

How did this thread get off the mark so far from its original intent - Coach Stephens resignation?