Steelers, Colts

ERA

Actually, the biggest play made in the game is the play that NO ONE and I mean NO ONE is talking about! And that was the Jerome Bettis fumble, with Harper having the chance to return it for a TD and win the game, Big Ben stayed in front of him and dodged a blocker to throw and arm at Harpers legs and take him down! If Ben doesnt make that tackle, gameover, and Indy is waiting for Denver right now!!

Oh yes they are talking about it. It's all over the internet talking about the LB's said Rothy could play safety with them anyday. :thumb:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the biggest play made in the game is the play that NO ONE and I mean NO ONE is talking about! And that was the Jerome Bettis fumble, with Harper having the chance to return it for a TD and win the game, Big Ben stayed in front of him and dodged a blocker to throw and arm at Harpers legs and take him down! If Ben doesnt make that tackle, gameover, and Indy is waiting for Denver right now!!

Big Ben did what he was supposed to do. Fundamental QB play in a situation such as that. Backtrack down the field, I would assume in a zig-zag manner to avoid blockers, and either stop him or slow him down enough for help to arrive.

I agree. What a great game for Big Ben. Hopefully he and the defense keep up the good work right through to the Super Bowl.

I am glad the Steelers won and now all the Peyton Manning fanatics realize once again he is the 2nd coming of Dan Marino. He can't win the big one. Earlier this year Colt's fans thought they won the super bowl when they beat NE in the REGULAR SEASON!!! It made me chuckle. Hopefully Bill Cower can get his first ring.

:o I agree. Hopefully Bill Cowher AND the BUS get a ring! :thumb:

I am glad the Steelers won and now all the Peyton Manning fanatics realize once again he is the 2nd coming of Dan Marino. He can't win the big one. Earlier this year Colt's fans thought they won the super bowl when they beat NE in the REGULAR SEASON!!! It made me chuckle. Hopefully Bill Cower can get his first ring.

:lol:

Now Gerry I know you are a good guy, but you have just contradicted yourself! You stated on the Vick thread that it was a team that won and lost, not a just the QB? Now you want to say that Peyton cant win the big one? So which is it, is it the QB that cant win or is it the team?

:D

Now Gerry I know you are a good guy, but you have just contradicted yourself! You stated on the Vick thread that it was a team that won and lost, not a just the QB? Now you want to say that Peyton cant win the big one? So which is it, is it the QB that cant win or is it the team?

I don't want to make anyone mad but I would like to add that those of you that say you hate Peyton strikes me just a little odd. I can understand extreme malice towards a TO or PacMan or Ray Lewis but I think Peyton is a good if not great individual. He is usually always positive. His character is about as good as it gets. I can certainly understand the animosity when it comes to the press. His fans and the media have crowned him practically King of the NFL. That can rub a lot of people the wrong way but it certainly doesn't impede his character. All the accolades are just that. They are praises of respect for his ability. He's an anomoly of phenom proportions. I also understand wanting to see him lose. I feel the same way about all my opponents. But, what I won't do is speak in a way that would tarnish someone's character unless they have given me good reason. Anyways, I do believe a lot of this man crush thing about Peyton is the fact that he really was done wrong with the Heisman Trophy and most everyone roots for him to get his due. It appears it will never happen for him and worse yet, as the years go by, he could wind up as an over the hill player still trying to play to get that Super Bowl Trophy. Hopefully not, but there are car loads of that type of player on the field every year. Let's hope he knows when to say "WHEN"!!!