Steelers, Colts

ERA

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The sad thing is, he's a good kicker. He's a good kicker. But he's an idiot."

That kick was just horrible. You rarely see NFL kickers miss that bad. The "idiot" will probably be all "liquored up" tonight after that shank.

I feel bad for Tony Dungy. A Super Bowl would have been a small consolation in what has been a tough month.

the interceptiion they reversed was crazy, that was an interception for the Steelers

I agree. Considering how long it took to make the call, when the video replay looked pretty compelling against overturning what looked like an INT, the conspirator in me tends to believe there was perhaps some other issues in play in the replay booth (i.e., "do we really want to kill the Tony Dungy and/or Peyton Manning dream?").

I agree. Considering how long it took to make the call, when the video replay looked pretty compelling against overturning what looked like an INT, the conspirator in me tends to believe there was perhaps some other issues in play in the replay booth (i.e., "do we really want to kill the Tony Dungy and/or Peyton Manning dream?").

I'm not weighing in on that just yet, only to say that the call and explanation they gave was not what I expected but does make some sense. I'm sure it will be discussed for the rest of the off season and a new rule will be forthcoming :rolleyes:

In all honesty, the biggest play to go against the Colts was the false start at the 1. You get 7 there and the whole complection of that game changes.

But, I said it the last month and I will say it now, Indy screwed up by sitting the starters so much weeks 16 and 17. San Deigo showed a blueprint to beat them, and then after that the starters on offense took maybe 20 meaningful snaps? Anyone in any profession gets rusty when they go that long without doing their job.

Oh well. I am afraid today was the end of the Colts dominance. That offense won't be back together next fall. This was their shot and they didn't do it. Simple as that.

But, I said it the last month and I will say it now, Indy screwed up by sitting the starters so much weeks 16 and 17. San Deigo showed a blueprint to beat them, and then after that the starters on offense took maybe 20 meaningful snaps? Anyone in any profession gets rusty when they go that long without doing their job.

That's why IMO that the Titans play like they do especially Mc Nair. Not being on the practice field hurts your performance I don't care what anybody says. The biggest factor is the timing between the QB and the Offense.

Looked like Peyton and the Colts never got it together until late in the game. Of course Pitt's D played a big hand in that.

I was hoping that the Colts could get the big one this year. You don't get to many chances and it looks like they may not be able to put themselves back in position b/c of several issues that will arise thru out the year.

I think this proves my theory that a drop back QB is not always the best way to go. Especially when the playoffs come around. The intensity is like tomahawk missiles going against a sitting duck target. So far, Denver's Jake the Snake scrambled his way to a win, Seahawks Hassleback scrambled his way to a win and both Carolina's Delhomme and Chicago's Grossman have done their share. Rothlisbuger is the only pocket one left so far. :P

Actually, the biggest play made in the game is the play that NO ONE and I mean NO ONE is talking about! And that was the Jerome Bettis fumble, with Harper having the chance to return it for a TD and win the game, Big Ben stayed in front of him and dodged a blocker to throw and arm at Harpers legs and take him down! If Ben doesnt make that tackle, gameover, and Indy is waiting for Denver right now!!