3 pt shooters to watch out for

ButterFinger

you guys have to get outside your own bakyards. look at the players 3 pointers per game avg. compared to the number of games played. that will give you a pretty good idea of the proficiency of the shooters. Example Dawn Evans of <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=76&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Clarksville-Northeast</a> 9 games, 27 3pointers made, average per game 3.0. that is the most of anyone in that category. I happen to know that she has made 53 in 21 games. Again that would put her at the top of the three point category.

The Clarksville teams are the ones that need to get out of their own backyards. They don't report their game results regularly to the Tennessean newspaper. The Tennessean does a good job compiling stats especially scoring and three pointers. The Clarksville teams seem to stay in their own backyard and depend on The Leaf Chronicle. The Leaf Chronicle doesn't even have team rosters, schedules, or standings on their web site that I can find.

Dawn Evans is an outstanding player and we would all know more about her stats if only someone would take the time to get the game results to the Tennessean, whose lists I assume you are refering to in this case.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot of good three point shooters out there, but i noticed up in Stewart County theres a freshman (Jackson) that plays varsity and she has hit some pretty clutch three pointers for them this year. As she gets older i'll bet she will pretty deadly from deep. SC also has some other deep shooters in (carder, barrow,and rose)

Sure , if anyone shot over 1,000 times a game even uncoordinated you could possibly make 100 3's (or maybe just ten in your case) for a season..

As it relates to this post, there's anywhere from 3-5 Lady Rebels that can knock down the clutch three at any time.. One is leading the team in 3-point shooting at over 40% from outside :lol:

No mention of Westview...

For the record, Westview set the National record last year for 3s made in a year! They had 2 girls hit over 100 each, and had well over 300 as a team. Someone top that!

Van Atta can shoot it...she is a Westview product! :lol:

You must be doing something right in Martin again this year. 22 and 1 with a #1 AP ranking. I believe that #1 ranking will change after the lose to Haywood. How did that happen? Then North Side beat them by 34 or so. North Side will be tough at regionals. Does your team play them in the regular season?

Hey fanchs, you are absolutly right. the clarksville teams do need to do abetter job of getting their stats to the tennessean. the leaf cheonicle does what it can I guess.

but the fact is they all need to do a better job getting their info to the tennessean. I am trying to change that. So your pointis well taken. However, Dawn Evans is a great player. The 65 to 70 D-I schools that are writing her can attest to that.

No mention of Westview...

For the record, Westview set the National record last year for 3s made in a year! They had 2 girls hit over 100 each, and had well over 300 as a team. Someone top that!

Van Atta can shoot it...she is a Westview product! :angry:

i mentioned crittendon and witherspoon in my post but it did sound like i was saying they were from gibson co....they are both definately great shooters...maybe we can stop em friday and then stop bellamy and everyone else and pull out a win :thumb: