2006 TNT State Tournament (boys)

ptguard12

No…This is an invitational state tournament. There are a total of 47 teams participating this year in 5 classifications. The TNT is played in Springfield. They use both the Middle school and the Civic Center gyms.

The TNT starts February 3rd and runs through February 18th.

Thanks for the info.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know anything about the AA bracket????? I have a copy of the bracket I was just wondering who the tough teams are. Hope to see Linden bring it home. They have an oustanding boys team starting THREE SIXTH GRADERS as they are currently 21-5.

LAKEVIEW IS ALSO IN THAT BRACKET I BELIEVE. AND IF MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT LAKEVIEW WON YOUR CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT. FROM WHAT I HEAR THEY HAVE A VERY STRONG AND ATHLETIC GROUP OF KIDS WITH QUITE ALOT OF SPEED. IS THIS TRUE?

TNT Boys brackets by classification:

1-A

Upper bracket

Monteagle vs. St. Marys--TBA

Big Sandy vs. Pleasant Shads--2/10

Hilham vs. winner of Big Sandy/Pleasant Shads--2/11

Lower bracket

Lakeview vs. Sharon--2/4

Etowah vs. Lobelville--2/4

2-A

Upper bracket

So. Pitt vs. Scotts Hill--2/4

Eastside vs. Trinity Christian--2/10

Allons vs. winner of Eastside/Trinity game--2/11

Lower bracket

Rutherford vs. Nashville Christian--2/10

Linden vs. St. Vincent--2/4

Philadelphia vs. winner of Linden/St. Vincent--2/10

3-A

Upper bracket

Clarsville Aca. vs. Beaver--2/4

Rickman vs. winner of Clarksville/Beaver--2/16

Tracy City vs. Forge Ridge--2/16

Lower bracket

St. Joseph vs. Picket Co.--2/10

Red Boiling vs. Holy Rosary--2/4

4-A

Upper bracket

US Jackson vs. Livingston--2/4

Waynesboro vs. winner of Jackson/Livingston--2/10

East Robertson vs. Dresden--2/4

Lower bracket

West Carroll vs. Southside--2/11

Caywood vs. Fort Loudoun--2/11

5-A

Upper bracket

MBA vs. Webb School--2/16

Trousdale Co. vs. Dekalb Co.--2/10

Sequatchie Valley Conf Champs vs. winner of Trousdale/Dekalb--2/11

Lower Bracket

Springfield vs. Lipscomb--2/3

Greenbrier vs. Jasper--2/3

Cleveland vs. winner of Greenbrier/Jasper--2/4

Edited by COACHHARD

TNT Boys brackets by classification:

1-A

Upper bracket

Monteagle vs. St. Marys--TBA

Big Sandy vs. Pleasant Shads--2/10

Hilham vs. winner of Big Sandy/Pleasant Shads--2/11

Lower bracket

Lakeview vs. Sharon--2/4

Etowah vs. Lobelville--2/4

2-A

Upper bracket

So. Pitt vs. Scotts Hill--2/4

Eastside vs. Trinity Christian--2/10

Allons vs. winner of Eastside/Trinity game--2/11

Lower bracket

Rutherford vs. Nashville Christian--2/10

Linden vs. St. Vincent--2/4

Philadelphia vs. winner of Linden/St. Vincent--2/10

3-A

Upper bracket

Clarsville Aca. vs. Beaver--2/4

Rickman vs. winner of Clarksville/Beaver--2/16

Tracy City vs. Forge Ridge--2/16

Lower bracket

St. Joseph vs. Picket Co.--2/10

Red Boiling vs. Holy Rosary--2/4

4-A

Upper bracket

US Jackson vs. Livingston--2/4

Waynesboro vs. winner of Jackson/Livingston--2/10

East Robertson vs. Dresden--2/4

Lower bracket

West Carroll vs. Southside--2/11

Caywood vs. Fort Loudoun--2/11

5-A

Upper bracket

MBA vs. Webb School--2/16

Trousdale Co. vs. Dekalb Co.--2/10

Sequatchie Valley Conf Champs vs. winner of Trousdale/Dekalb--2/11

Lower Bracket

Springfield vs. Lipscomb--2/3

Greenbrier vs. Jasper--2/3

Cleveland vs. winner of Greenbrier/Jasper--2/4

I have a question......Jasper is already in the tournament and if they win the Sequatchie Valley Conference does that mean that the runner-up gets that spot?

Hmmm...here is what I know (which isn't much):

South Pittsburg - There is an entire post about them.

Scotts Hill - They weren't real impressive when I saw them, but they could have gotten better.

Eastside - Not sure who this is.

Trinity Christian - There record is like 6 - 10 or something like that (I know it's below .500). If the TNT chooses teams based on record, I'm not real sure how they got in.

Allons - Defending 1A State Champion and is always really tough. Usually has quite a bit of size and speed.

Rutherford - Plays in a pretty easy Gibson County conference. Not real sure how good they are though.

Nashville Christian - I heard they were decent with some size inside.

Linden - Won 20+ games. A very young and small team.

St. Vincent - One of the better teams out of the catholic league in Nashville (if this is the right St. Vincent's).

Philadelphia - Has played TNT before, but I'm not real sure where this is even at.

Rutherford is really good. Quick, pressing team that plays hard and shoots it well. undefeated at this time.

Linden is a small and young team. But however they have two shooters one is a sixth grade version of J.J. Redick (lol) well not exactly. They all shoot the ball well and are one of the fastest teams I have ever seen. Tough to play this team in any defensive set. Being small has hurt them very little due to the shooting ability they have. They do have two good size post players and one that can easily get 5 + blocks a game. I look for them to surprise people

Yea I heard they were pretty good I heard that they have one 2 out of 3 tournaments if that is right but I think that they have a good chance of winning this thing.