MBA v. Ryan

BuckLateral

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not have a dog in the hunt, but I know it is going to be a great match. Although the Big Red's experience may give them a slight edge on paper, all bets are off when Ryan and MBA hook it up. I am certain that Pat and his coaches will have Ryan mentally and physically prepared for the match. But I am equally sure that Frank and his coaches will have the Big Red good and fired up for the match. After all, all the trash talk posted on the board this week by those naive youngsters at Ryan (Bullit, In Hoc Signo Vinces, and Tin Man) has provided the MBA coaches with plenty of bulletin board material for the Big Red locker room.

Yep, as always, it is going to be a brawl, with pin points deciding the outcome. I think I have to go with the experienced team (and the team with the most bulletin board material) and give the nod to MBA.

PinU46, are you crazy? It seems the Irish will have there line-up all adjusted just in time to de-rail the Big Red. As some have stated on here earlier. I believe the Irish have the mental edge. All I can think of during these matches are the poor officials. They get there butts handed to them from both sides. I hope this will be another good match. Especially for the spectators. There just not enough good matches to go and watch. This is one for all to see and enjoy. I will be rooting for the officials to survive this one.

This is always a great match. Ryan will be ready but MBA should win.... assuming, of course, that IRISHDAD is not running the clock.

tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, HORN, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock...

I agree-always a great match. Whether its in "the Pit" or the Big Red's gym, Mid-state fans are in for a treat. I expect this to be a wild one. I hope I can make it over to Ryan.

From the mtach-ups, the edge goes to MBA. But grappling, not match ups, wins matches. Look to the lesser-knowns to weigh heavily in the outcome. Four years ago, Mike Atwood (FRHS) wrestled a great match to pull off a major upset as the Irish beat the Big Red in the Pit. MBA's Alex Hall accomplished a similar feat a year or two later in the Region Duals.

I bet we'll see some new names star in this year's contest.

MBA won 38-13. Don't remember exact scores. Match started at 130.

Bellet MBA dec Ryan's normal 135

Negri (normal 140) of Ryan dec Herron MBA

Ryan (new kid) dec MBA 140 (McKeltheren?)

Ben Bellet MBA dec Miller Ryan

Waddey MBA maj dec Goodrum Ryan

Snyder MBA maj dec Hagerty Ryan

Bateman Ryan dec Tate MBA

Jacques MBA dec Riley Ryan

Swett MBA dec Dempsey Ryan

Riley MBA dec Lawrence Ryan

Francis MBA pin Ryan 103

(Freshman) MBA wins by forfeit at 112

Simpson MBA dec Ryan 119

Marchetti Ryan maj dec Todd MBA

The final score is 38-13. Irish just weren't able to pull this one out like some of you were saying. The experienced team did win. Congrats to MBA and a hard fought match to Ryan. Great matchup and fans were engaged. A classic.

Edited by mcilravyfan

MBA won 38-13. Don't remember exact scores. Match started at 130.

Bellet MBA dec Ryan's normal 135

Negri (normal 140) of Ryan dec Herron MBA

Ryan (new kid) dec MBA 140 (McKeltheren?)

Ben Bellet MBA dec Miller Ryan

Waddey MBA maj dec Goodrum Ryan

Snyder MBA maj dec Hagerty Ryan

Bateman Ryan dec Tate MBA

Jacques MBA dec Riley Ryan

Swett MBA dec Dempsey Ryan

Riley MBA dec Lawrence Ryan

Francis MBA pin Ryan 103

(Freshman) MBA wins by forfeit at 112

Simpson MBA dec Ryan 119

Marchetti Ryan maj dec Todd MBA

The final score is 38-13. Irish just weren't able to pull this one out like some of you were saying. The experienced team did win. Congrats to MBA and a hard fought match to Ryan. Great matchup and fans were engaged. A classic.

Great win for MBA and tremendous fan support from MBA at Ryan's gym. Looked to me like there were a lot more MBA fans in the stands and on the floor than there were from Ryan. IT was wonderful the way Ryan paid tribute to the 73-74 RYan team that won the state championship with both Pat and Frank Simpson on the team. In fact, I think that Ryan team beat MBA by about the same score MBA beat Ryan tonight.

MBA goes into Ryan and beats them very easily. Did anyone see this coming? I spoke with spectators who were there and they said it appeared that Ryan conceded this from the start. More fans, more energy, better wrestling from Montgomery Bell. Even at 171 where the good kid from Ryan wrestled...that match could have gone either way.

The word I heard is that Ryan was intimidated. Good rivalries bring out the best in each other. I'm looking forward to the next match-up!

MBA goes into Ryan and beats them very easily. Did anyone see this coming? I spoke with spectators who were there and they said it appeared that Ryan conceded this from the start. More fans, more energy, better wrestling from Montgomery Bell. Even at 171 where the good kid from Ryan wrestled...that match could have gone either way.

The word I heard is that Ryan was intimidated. Good rivalries bring out the best in each other. I'm looking forward to the next match-up!

Word I got was a little different. Friends told me the gym was loud and energetic with fans from both sides and Ryan didnt look like they were conceding anything. Most of the matches were close and hard fought.

Bateman from Ryan looked rusty after his layoff but at the end of the match he was in control. Frances, B Bellet, Waddey, and Snyder all looked great for MBA. The 119 match with John Michael from MBA and Sloan from Ryan was a bit of a surprise with John Michael getting only a 6-3 decision and Sloan getting John Michael on his back for 3 points.

Sounds like a great contest with MBA having some bigger guns this year, but I wouldnt fault the Irish kids for lack of effort.