Who would win Ravenwood or MUS?

Fifty years of football...and only 3 titles

Yes, 50 years of football and "only" three state titles. Less than 10% of the schools currently playing football in this state have three or more state titles in football, and there are plenty of schools in this state who have played football 50 years or longer that have zero state titles.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, 50 years of football and "only" three state titles. Less than 10% of the schools currently playing football in this state have three or more state titles in football, and there are plenty of schools in this state who have played football 50 years or longer that have zero state titles.

Not to mention, back-to-back

So you had one state title in the first 48 years...not impressed...But now I'm hearing back to back...dare I say..."dynasty"

MUS did beat BA and was the better team on that day - BA did beat Ravenwood and was the better team on that day....other than that....means zip!

But, if you'd been around the game for more than a couple of years...you'd know that.

So you had one state title in the first 48 years...not impressed...But now I'm hearing back to back...dare I say..."dynasty"

MUS did beat BA and was the better team on that day - BA did beat Ravenwood and was the better team on that day....other than that....means zip!

But, if you'd been around the game for more than a couple of years...you'd know that.

Let's get a few things straight:

1) OK, MUS had one title in its first 48 years (28 years to be precise; MUS won its first title in 1985, 28 years after the program's inception). The "glass is half-full" view is that MUS has three football titles in the past 20 years.

2) I'm 37 years old - not as old as you (I know roughly how old you are as your first post on this site in November gives me an idea) - but save the condescension for someone else (and yet I'd hope you wouldn't discredit the many teenagers on this site for not having "been around the game for more than a couple of years", although you apparently have shown a proclivity for doing just that in your last post, misguided as it was). Consider using the member profile and "find member's posts" functions on this site - it may prevent "foot in mouth disease".

3) There was never any negative reference to Ravenwood by me on this thread; I just found it odd that someone would question who a multi-time state champion with 50 years of history (49 to be precise) is but not question who a first-time champion with a few years of football history is.

4) The title of this thread is "Who would win, Ravenwood or MUS?". Given that a poster asked "who is MUS?", I gave him an answer that may have helped him form an opinion as to how he would answer. I didn't proclaim comparative scores as a be-all, end-all determination of a question that has no absolute answer.

By the way, I'm not a MUS fan ("you had one title in the first 48 years"). Once again, see the last sentence in number two above.

Edited by rollredroll

Let's get a few things straight:

1) OK, MUS had one title in its first 48 years (28 years to be precise; MUS won its first title in 1985, 28 years after the program's inception). The "glass is half-full" view is that MUS has three football titles in the past 20 years.

2) I'm 37 years old - not as old as you (I know roughly how old you are as your first post on this site in November gives me an idea) - but save the condescension for someone else (and yet I'd hope you wouldn't discredit the many teenagers on this site for not having "been around the game for more than a couple of years", although you apparently have shown a proclivity for doing just that in your last post, misguided as it was). Consider using the member profile and "find member's posts" functions on this site - it may prevent "foot in mouth disease".

3) There was never any negative reference to Ravenwood by me on this thread; I just found it odd that someone would question who a multi-time state champion with 50 years of history (49 to be precise) is but not question who a first-time champion with a few years of football history is.

4) The title of this thread is "Who would win, Ravenwood or MUS?". Given that a poster asked "who is MUS?", I gave him an answer that may have helped him form an opinion as to how he would answer. I didn't proclaim comparative scores as a be-all, end-all determination of a question that has no absolute answer.

By the way, I'm not a MUS fan ("you had one title in the first 48 years"). Once again, see the last sentence in number two above.

Terrific...as long as you're straight...I feel much better now....

1) You have my most humble apology for calling you an MUS fan

2) Correct..I am older than you....graduated from Oak Ridge in 67...that would make me 56...

3) At 37 you should know better...that you would give an credence whatsoever to the old 'common opponent' agreement...does a huge disservice to those many teenagers who are just trying to read and learn....

4)What really disappionted me the most regarding you post..was your smart aleck response to the young man...just because he didn't know who the University School was. His question wasn't a surprise at all....This may come as a surprise to you....but most people could care less about the privates....when the success of your program depends on how deep the pockets are.....sort of flys in the face of "Friday Nite Lights". A true missed opportunity...why didn't you just tell him something about the school.....I'll bet he would have appreciated that...!

Roll,

You are correct. Pay no attention to Raven.

Ole Dad

What really disappionted me the most regarding you post..was your smart aleck response to the young man...just because he didn't know who the University School was. His question wasn't a surprise at all....This may come as a surprise to you....but most people could care less about the privates....when the success of your program depends on how deep the pockets are.....sort of flys in the face of "Friday Nite Lights". A true missed opportunity...why didn't you just tell him something about the school.....I'll bet he would have appreciated that...!

I could “care less” for Osama bin Laden, but I certainly know who he is. Did you ever stop to think that, perhaps, my alleged smart-aleck question may have been in response to a smart-aleck question itself? The wide range of ages and knowledge on this site notwithstanding, if you are old enough to use a computer effectively (and registering for a message board certainly qualifies) and are on a Tennessee high school football message board, there’s little excuse for not knowing who a back-to-back state champion is, no matter what one’s potential disdain may be for that school. My response was, in my opinion, fitting for a question that I originally thought was borne in that exact apathetic and sarcastic attitude towards privates that you referenced. Had that “who is MUS?” question not been asked, I would not have responded to this thread (I think my original post implied that the original thread question was worthless).

There are other boards for public/private debates, so I’m not going to perpetuate one on this thread, although I would add that, while I haven’t seen “FNL”, and it’s been years since I’ve read the book, the benefit of open zones and tuition students at public schools – an issue that permeates the upper levels of Tennessee DI HS football (yet is often glossed over in the discussion of advantages one set of schools has over others) – wasn’t exactly a central theme of that story either.

Let's move on.

Edited by rollredroll