JC & RBS eighth graders

worden55

I agree with you, if there gonna let one 8th grader play in high school, they might as well let them all play in high school.

From the response of this subject, it would seem that TSSAA will have to take a look at their policy. Personally, I think they all should wait, but I may change my mind if I watched them play. Of course the article mentioned that this was more common in other sports.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you're telling me that if it was Kayci who was getting to play, then this same article would have been published and Coach Brown would be on there talking about how the rule needs to be changed and its not fair that some schools get to use 8th graders and others don't. I highly doubt it.

I agree that all 8th graders should be asked to come up and play if their season is over. However, Red Boiling Springs' middle school season is not over and I'm sure many of the 8th graders wanted to stay down and play with the middle school team.

Of course if Kayci was getting to play Coach Brown wouldnt say it wanst fair, but I bet you if RBS was the one not getting their 8th grader on the court Coach White would be spitting nails about it, as I would expect him to because its not fair.

I doubt very seriously that The Godfather went to the papers about this, I imagine some reporter had a story and ran with it...Martin has two 8th graders that would be playing alot for Westview right now, one will start next year. The problem lies in the fact that all schools are not together, and some 8th graders go to other high schools. A K-12 school, I see no problem with it....a 9-12 school, they shouldn't be allowed. It is really not a TSSAA problem, who builds your school. There is more to school than worrying about an 8th grader playing on the high school level...

I doubt very seriously that The Godfather went to the papers about this, I imagine some reporter had a story and ran with it...Martin has two 8th graders that would be playing alot for Westview right now, one will start next year. The problem lies in the fact that all schools are not together, and some 8th graders go to other high schools. A K-12 school, I see no problem with it....a 9-12 school, they shouldn't be allowed. It is really not a TSSAA problem, who builds your school. There is more to school than worrying about an 8th grader playing on the high school level...

I agree and I wasn't implying that Brown went to the papers. In fact, I don't think that at all. However, I'm just saying that I don't think he would be stating it wasn't a fair rule if Kayci was getting to play.

I think it's great that 8th graders can play if they have the talent. Nathan Aaron began starting for Pickett Co. halfway through 8th grade and he helped them reach the substate that year. I'm excited that Jackson Co. is in 7A now so I'll get to see Kayci play next year and for several years. It'll make watching the Lady Vols even better when she's playing for Tennessee! I may be a Pickett fan, but once any of our teams from the Upper Cumberland head for the state, I'm 100% behind them too and go to Murfreesboro to watch.

Wes you are correct,school under one roof,I can ,see what the TSSAA is saying,If an eighth grade student is 6 or 7 miles from the high school how are they going to get and from practice?

Thats what we were told here in Greenfield. Our little girls were 18-0 and won the County Championship. The girls and the whole town wanted to go to TNT but the principal said no. It would have been fun because we would have been in the same division as RBS and we would have eventually played each other. The girls moved up to the High School team and who knows it could be the best thing for them.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

I agree and I wasn't implying that Brown went to the papers. In fact, I don't think that at all. However, I'm just saying that I don't think he would be stating it wasn't a fair rule if Kayci was getting to play.

You are correct, if Kayci was getting to play, it would be a fair rule and there would be no need for any statements.

Thats what we were told here in Greenfield. Our little girls were 18-0 and won the County Championship. The girls and the whole town wanted to go to TNT but the principal said no. It would have been fun because we would have been in the same division as RBS and we would have eventually played each other. The girls moved up to the High School team and who knows it could be the best thing for them.

I promise it is best! :lol: