Changes the TSSAA needs to make

MIDTN

1. How about some minimum speed and endurance requirements for referees. I'm tired of seeing transition calls under the basket made by a fat guy clutching his chest on a dead waddle from the foul line. Get in shape, get in position, or get out.

2. Why do we start some games @ 6:00? Try leaving work @ 5:00 or 5:30 and making that run. Other than the T.H.P., who is behind that. Schedule games with parents and players in mind (long trips on Fri & Sat) and standardize start times across the state, please.

3. Play the boys game first every other game. WHY NOT? Don't give me that boys draw more line, until they try drawing a crowd @ 6:00.

4. You need 5 players on the floor, why do some schools need 35 cheerleaders (that do not lead cheers)? Can we have a set squad size limit, say 10. Anymore, most of them just stand there anyway, which is preferable to the "Deja vu club" routine I saw the other night. Where are thier mothers?

5. When did high school coaches start standing up the whole game and calling time outs from the bench? If you have not taught it after weeks of practice, screaming it as they run by is a waste. And if they can hear you, why can't you tell them to call time out ?

6. While we are on the subject, when did we decide that these mid-air time outs would be ok. Never should a time out be allowed to avoid a turn over, including a five count on an inbounds play.

I have more and I'm sure you will too.

Edited by MIDTN

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make 4 divisions in basketball and football. Create the rivalries again. Makes no sense to have 5 football div. and 3 basketball div, when there are 50 more basketball teams in the state.

Get Camden out of the district with Bolivar, McNairy, Liberty, Chester County, Sside, etc. Way to far to travel for all involved. Camden should cross the river, just like they do in football or go in 13AA.

Teach officials how to officiate in camps, not just to look professional when calling something.

Put Bolivar in the substate, where they logistically belong, with Memphis, instead of letting Kessler say, let us get out of that and go to Mid state.

Put both substate games in an area in a nuetral site so everyone can go to more than one game

OOps I forgot, none of this will ever pass because of T$$AA

3. Play the boys game first every other game. WHY NOT? Don't give me that boys draw more line, until they try drawing a crowd @ 6:00.

4. You need 5 players on the floor, why do some schools need 35 cheerleaders (that do not lead cheers)? Can we have a set squad size limit, say 10. Anymore, most of them just stand there anyway, which is preferable to the "Deja vu club" routine I saw the other night. Where are thier mothers?

5. When did high school coaches start standing up the whole game and calling time outs from the bench? If you have not taught it after weeks of practice, screaming it as they run by is a waste. And if they can hear you, why can't you tell them to call time out ?

6. While we are on the subject, when did we decide that these mid-air time outs would be ok. Never should a time out be allowed to avoid a turn over, including a five count on an inbounds play.

The first two were alright but then you just decided to be stupid:

3. Ever heard the saying "Ladies first?" There ya go.

4. You can have 35 players on your bench until you get to the state tourney so let there be as many cheerleaders as the school wants to have. Why take the opportunity from the kids? I will agree with the dance routines though. They're getting bad.

5. Let the coaches do whatever they want. The refs and the school can decide what is too much.

6. This is your stupidest complaint. Calling a timeout while jumping out of bounce is awareness while hustling. Why would you want to discourage that? And if a timeout can never be called to avoid a turnover then why even have them? The other team is still getting rewarded because you have one less timeout at the end of the game.

1. How about some minimum speed and endurance requirements for referees. I'm tired of seeing transition calls under the basket made by a fat guy clutching his chest on a dead waddle from the foul line. Get in shape, get in position, or get out.

2. Why do we start some games @ 6:00? Try leaving work @ 5:00 or 5:30 andmaking that run. Other than the T.H.P. who is behind that. Schedule games with parents and players in mind (long trips on Fri & Sat) and standardize start times across the state, please.

I LOVE THIS POST!!

#1 and rotate the lousy refs somewhere other than the small schools (every now and then we deserve the good ones)

#2 Yeah!!

#3 Yes, this will make the speeding ticket more evenly spread among the parents of both girls and boys players!!

#4 If they are going to cheer, they should cheer (not dance) and be there early enough to cheer both games!!

#5 & #6 These are coaching decisions and I would never tell a coach how to coach his team!! :thumb:

The first two were alright but then you just decided to be stupid:

3. Ever heard the saying "Ladies first?" There ya go.

4. You can have 35 players on your bench until you get to the state tourney so let there be as many cheerleaders as the school wants to have. Why take the opportunity from the kids? I will agree with the dance routines though. They're getting bad.

5. Let the coaches do whatever they want. The refs and the school can decide what is too much.

6. This is your stupidest complaint. Calling a timeout while jumping out of bounce is awareness while hustling. Why would you want to discourage that? And if a timeout can never be called to avoid a turnover then why even have them? The other team is still getting rewarded because you have one less timeout at the end of the game.

"Stupid is as stupid does"

We are not talking about holding the door for your mamma at Shoneys after the game, Bubba! We are talking about true equal treatment. If the late game slot is better, then the girls should get an even number of them. If it is not better, then whats the problem with taking turns. I'll promise you this, if they start alternating late and early games, those 6:00 start times will be a thing of the past.

As for the number of cheerleaders why not 50? Better yet, lets have more opportunity in basketball and add a sixth player. Now that would be stupid.

Coaches used to be required to sit the bench during play and I remember one at UCLA that did pretty well that way. Most of the standing and ranting is ego driven.

I LOVE THIS POST!!

#1 and rotate the lousy refs somewhere other than the small schools (every now and then we deserve the good ones)

#2 Yeah!!

#3 Yes, this will make the speeding ticket more evenly spread among the parents of both girls and boys players!!

#4 If they are going to cheer, they should cheer (not dance) and be there early enough to cheer both games!!

#5 & #6 These are coaching decisions and I would never tell a coach how to coach his team!! :lol:

until recent years clockkeepers were advised to sound horn for subs to enter now

they are told not to , let the official bring them in problem is most officials do not look at score table and player remains there and fans and coaches get upset.

# 2 i do not believe coach should be able to call time out because it takes away a good defensive play and a lot of the timeouts even come after possesion has changed or noone has possession

# 3 i would like to see the defense get the ball on all tie ups or jump balls

until recent years clockkeepers were advised to sound horn for subs to enter now

they are told not to , let the official bring them in problem is most officials do not look at score table and player remains there and fans and coaches get upset.

# 2 i do not believe coach should be able to call time out because it takes away a good defensive play and a lot of the timeouts even come after possesion has changed or noone has possession

# 3 i would like to see the defense get the ball on all tie ups or jump balls

I agree with your first statement about the horn. The horn was implemented so that the refs wouldn't have to be concerned about subs waiting at the table and they could focus their attention on something really important, like officiating the game. Now we've taken a step back.

Although your statement in #2 about taking away a good defensive play is correct , I still think that the coach needs to have the ability to call timeout when he chooses and shouldn't have to rely on some 14 - 18 year old that is geeked up on adrenaline (1.) hearing his request for calling time out; (2.) comprehending that the coach wants a time out; and (3.) being able to clearly communicate to the official that he and his coach would like to have a time out.

#3 is just plain stupid.

I agree with your first statement about the horn. The horn was implemented so that the refs wouldn't have to be concerned about subs waiting at the table and they could focus their attention on something really important, like officiating the game. Now we've taken a step back.

Although your statement in #2 about taking away a good defensive play is correct , I still think that the coach needs to have the ability to call timeout when he chooses and shouldn't have to rely on some 14 - 18 year old that is geeked up on adrenaline (1.) hearing his request for calling time out; (2.) comprehending that the coach wants a time out; and (3.) being able to clearly communicate to the official that he and his coach would like to have a time out.

#3 is just plain stupid.

Your are making our point for us Guns. If your players are that out of control they deserve to pay the price. The players should play the game, not the coach. If one teams players are more in tune with the game and what their coach wants they shogain from it. This all started when the Michigan player got a T for calling a time out they did not have. Today when kids screw up, instead of working harder to teach them, we do it for them. Next thing you know they can't make their own decisions.