Mitchell vs Bolivar

mas1821

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was an excellent game!!! The game was tight throughout but if Chism plays in the 2nd half then Bolivar wins by 10.... Kemp absolutely took over the game late in the 4th quarter....

What grade were #31,#24,#20,and#21????

The refs in this game were horrible, they let the Mitchell coach argue and whine the whole game but then gave the Bolivar coach a tech without hardly talking to him....

Mitchell lives by the jump shot you make Powell put it on the floor he does nothing I sat behind their bench and I heard coach Johnson tell him to stop driving this guy is only a spot up shooter come state tournament time they will have trouble the coaching is terible Bolivar would have won easily with Chism on the floor for the entire game because they had no one that could stop him Kemp guarded 6'8 Young in the second half and contained him well and still had the energy to take over th game in the final minutes in the end Bolivar will be in the state finals bank on it Edited by BIGWEBB

yep but it was only 1 point they changed it during the 1st half delay

If I'm not mistaken some fans and I noticed this score change twice and between the two it added up to 3pts. First I think we were up 4pts. and there was a stop to the game that score change put us up by 2 and then again they turn right around and added 1pt to Mitchell. And I was not the only person that saw that . Mitchell is a good team and I wish them the best the rest of the season but Wayne had THAD on lock in the early Part of the game and 6'2" Kemp didn't do to bad on him. Rhodes keep up the improvement and good play we will see what is at the end of the tunnel for the 2 time state champs. But in my honest opinion it is amazing what a TECH will do to a game. And a bad call that should have been a jump ball instead goes into a foul that put THAD at the line. I thought there was only 5 fouls in high school ball and 3 steps is a travel. Thorton traveled 95% of the times he touched the ball. Oh one more thing how they stop play after MITCHELL missed a shot and their man goes down we rebound and start the push ref blows for a timeout. I have seen alot of things called in games. And two of the worst comes from when BOLIVAR played a team from MEMPHIS. (HAMILTON AT THE FEDEX AND MITCHELL IN CASHVILLE) There is a forest fire that is about to start in B-TOWN so be aware and to the ones that may get burnt all I can say you got in its path

We are going to cancel our season because we can't beat the great Bolivar. They are good and I hurt WC got hurt. Thad had to play very passive because of his fouls. The refs let them play. In the first half Mitchell had a lot more fouls called on them thamn BC. It was a good game and WK is the real deal. So I am going to call the TSSAA and tell them we have no reason to play because the Great Bolivar will destroy us with WC.

THATS A GOOD IDEA BRO

here are a few other observations...

The Bolivar fans seem to travel well to support their team. They were out in full force at the state championship last year and had a very good crowd there at Belmont last night.

The Mitchell pep band is awesome. They have a very talented group of young musicians. I really enjoyed listening to them play.

The small Mitchell dance group was talented as well, but almost got a little vulgar at times. There is no way I would ever let my daughter do some of those moves in front of a crowd. ;)

the 2 memphis coach must go to the same taylor because they looked sharp

Ok, I was going to keep quiet.

I was lucky enough to have seats behind the benches, and because of weird circumstances (aka, not realizing a ticket misprint until midway through the BA game) I changed seats about 5 times. First half I was behind the Mitchell coach, second half I was behind the Bolivar coach.

I am not exactly how the points controversy arose. Basically from all I can tell, it started with one of the assistants. They originally said "we have 26" then quickly changed to "we have 27." IMO, the Mitchell scorekeeper messed up in keeping score or it was planned originally. However, to be honest, I was so wrapped up in the game that I wasn't even keeping that close of tabs on the score at the time.

The technical was called on the Bolivar asistant for more or less saying "Call a foul." No profanity, no nothing. When Coach R requested to speak to the ref that called the T, the other refs would not let him talk to him. If Bolivar got a T for the reason they gave, then the Mitchell coach should have been tossed 3 minutes into the game.

Ok, as for other thoughts/questions-

1. Is it common practice to keep your big guys down the court on free throws and not go after the offensive rebound? I noticed Bolivar, Mitchell, and BA doing this with their big guys.

2. Why didn't coach R go after Young more when Chism got hurt and Young had three fouls? Seems like he should had been trying to foul him out ASAP.

3. Chism, Young, Wright, and Kemp are all as good as had been advertised.

Great basketball. Best $10 I have spent in a long time.

I am not exactly sure how the points controversy arose. Basically from all I can tell, it started with one of the assistants. They originally said "we have 26" then quickly changed to "we have 27." IMO, the Mitchell scorekeeper messed up in keeping score or it was planned originally. However, to be honest, I was so wrapped up in the game that I wasn't even keeping that close of tabs on the score at the time.

i noticed the same problem the espn stat lady fixed the problem during the delay because the espnu broadcast had it 27-25 bolivar but during the delay espn had it 33-31 mitchell then changed it to the correct score 32-31 mithell

Guest catfish-hunter

Sounds to me like the Bolivar fans are complaining about bad officiating and an injury in last night's game. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but injuries are a major part of athletics. If you think that the possibility of Wayne Chism getting hurt during the state tourney is unlikely then you need to get your heads examined.

The better team on Saturday January 28, 2006 won the game last night and that team was Mitchell. Yes Willie did take over late but had his team played well earlier they'd have won the game. Taking over late means nothing when you are trailing big to a team with two major D-I signees on the floor.

Does that mean that Mitchell is the better team overall????? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I for one believe that if both teams do play straight up injury free basketball that Bolivar is 10-points better than Mitchell. That is just my opinion though which means about as much on here as some of the posts about officiating. I hope that we find out who is better in Murfreesboro but the undeniable fact that you all can't argue about is that yesterday in Nashville Mitchell was better than Bolivar. NO EXCUSES NEEDED!!!!!

Sounds to me like the Bolivar fans are complaining about bad officiating and an injury in last night's game. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but injuries are a major part of athletics. If you think that the possibility of Wayne Chism getting hurt during the state tourney is unlikely then you need to get your heads examined.

The better team on Saturday January 28, 2006 won the game last night and that team was Mitchell. Yes Willie did take over late but had his team played well earlier they'd have won the game. Taking over late means nothing when you are trailing big to a team with two major D-I signees on the floor.

Does that mean that Mitchell is the better team overall????? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I for one believe that if both teams do play straight up injury free basketball that Bolivar is 10-points better than Mitchell. That is just my opinion though which means about as much on here as some of the posts about officiating. I hope that we find out who is better in Murfreesboro but the undeniable fact that you all can't argue about is that yesterday in Nashville Mitchell was better than Bolivar. NO EXCUSES NEEDED!!!!!

I think thats pretty much what everyone has been saying Catfish. Yeah Mitchell won the game, but most folks who watched it came away with the impression that Bolivar (with Chism)was the better team.

And like I said earlier..I think the officiating helped Mitchell. Mitchell seems to play a more aggresive style and frankly the refs in that game were letting a lot of calls go.