Nobody can beat Courtney Coffey from jp2 in state

Pope#4

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I think in every sport,.......you have to play the best to be the best! Some kids are not ready to face the best. I know that some schools shield/protect their kids by going to weaker tournaments. I think that Cent. schedule prevents Coffee from becoming the best he can be!" -- HSDAD

This is very true, but you also have to realize that the CHS schedule was set before they even had a clue that Coffee was coming there.

Edited by sundancer

Just for curiosity sake: If Coffee, Letner, Morgan and Reveiz wrestled in a quad today, what happens? Put any bias aside, just pure objective analysis.

Anybody with insight on these guys want to make an objective with-out-any-bias stab at it? I think Coffee would beat Letner if it is the 1st or 2nd match of the night, but may not be able to win if he and Letner wrestle on the 3rd match. I think Coffee would beat both Reveiz and Morgan no matter when, but more easily Reveiz.

Anybody with insight on these guys want to make an objective with-out-any-bias stab at it? I think Coffee would beat Letner if it is the 1st or 2nd match of the night, but may not be able to win if he and Letner wrestle on the 3rd match. I think Coffee would beat both Reveiz and Morgan no matter when, but more easily Reveiz.

Taxman- Have you watched Morgan? They didn't give him any chance last year against the mighty Clarksville stud Minwell. I wouldn't count him out.

I give Lettner the edge because of training partners and his coaches!

Edited by rigger101

Taxman- Have you watched Morgan? They didn't give him any chance last year against the mighty Clarksville stud Minwell. I wouldn't count him out.

Rigger:

The exclamation point causes me to believe that I upset you. That was not my intention. Yes, I have watched Morgan. He is really good. Minwell was very great, but not a world beater. Morgan did not climb out from behind a rock and just appear at the state tournament last year. He has been around a while and was familiar with Minwell. The Division I 215lb division is very interesting to me, and I just want to hear objective opinions regarding who would win in a quad match. I gave my ignorant opinion. It doesn't look like anyone wants to give theirs.

Rigger:

The exclamation point causes me to believe that I upset you. That was not my intention. Yes, I have watched Morgan. He is really good. Minwell was very great, but not a world beater. Morgan did not climb out from behind a rock and just appear at the state tournament last year. He has been around a while and was familiar with Minwell. The Division I 215lb division is very interesting to me, and I just want to hear objective opinions regarding who would win in a quad match. I gave my ignorant opinion. It doesn't look like anyone wants to give theirs.

No, I'm good. I get carried away with the exclamation point sometimes. :thumb: I will watch that in the future. And like U I think this will be one of the best weight classes to watch.

U gave a tuff scenario! It's like asking who wins between Superman and the Hulk! :o

As I said, I think Lettner has the best chance because of training fac/partner and their coaches..

thor.gifFrankie Morgan as darkseid.gifCoffee as

thing.gif Lettner asavengersmillvisions2.jpgReveiz

Edited by rigger101

Let's think about it. Who will be favored as #1 in top bracket?

#2, #3 etc....When will Coffee face the other top 215's?

Semi. finals?? Who will be ranked? What if Coffee gets pushed

into the 3rd round by someone in a close match? His next

opponent pins his man in 40 sec. and is fresh??? Anything

could happen. I like to hope that someone "heart/desire/hardwork"

would prevail in the end! You know........the Underdog!

keep dreaming HSDAD Coffee will not get beat.

hey wrestler813 you want to put a friendly wager on that? If you have the guts to come on here and make that statement you have the guts to put a wager down for the state.I have watched wrestling more than enough to know that for the past few years altogether Courtney has never wrestled the competition that these guys in D1 have. Have you even saw Letner wrestle this year. At the toughest tournament in the state of TN McCallie and yes a few would say otherwise but how many other tournaments have 3 of the top ranked schools from this and other states. Than goes down to Florida and dominates a very good group of wrestlers again. Also there are two others that ARE VERY GOOD wrestlers also in Reveiz and Morgan another defending state champion. I think any of those three if not all three have a very good chance to beat him. Courtney will not have the pleasure of being able to sleep walk into the state finals or win it like he has the past two years. So if you would like just let me know and I can get someone to hold the green for us if you want.

I talked to him last weekend and he didn't even know how many day's the D-I state last. He is use to the D-II mini. He should be tested by the 3rd match.

hey wrestler813 you want to put a friendly wager on that? If you have the guts to come on here and make that statement you have the guts to put a wager down for the state.I have watched wrestling more than enough to know that for the past few years altogether Courtney has never wrestled the competition that these guys in D1 have. Have you even saw Letner wrestle this year. At the toughest tournament in the state of TN McCallie and yes a few would say otherwise but how many other tournaments have 3 of the top ranked schools from this and other states. Than goes down to Florida and dominates a very good group of wrestlers again. Also there are two others that ARE VERY GOOD wrestlers also in Reveiz and Morgan another defending state champion. I think any of those three if not all three have a very good chance to beat him. Courtney will not have the pleasure of being able to sleep walk into the state finals or win it like he has the past two years. So if you would like just let me know and I can get someone to hold the green for us if you want.

I agree! :o Are U OK Ckid8? I heard your jaw drop! <_<

Saw Letner wrestle at G.P. West...... he was pretty good...... but don't think he can beat Coffee. Sorry guys but Coffee doesn't need any hard opponents to win... he's gonna win anyway.

Remember, Coffee did go to Oveida FL for last years tournament and took best wrestler...... A guy would have to be a man-beast to beat him.... and there ain't anybody in TN at 215 that is. I'm sure Letner is worried and he should be.