Pickett Co/Clay Co. Game/Is it Still On?

bobcatfan300

They claimed he either hit the ball or floor. This boy, Cody Elmore is the nicest kid in the world, polite, and is the last person on either team who should get a T for something like that. Pickett fans know we won that game. Poeple there from other schools know we won the game and WLIV's announcer knows we won the game...and some fairminded Clay Co. fans have come on here and have admiited Pickett got cheated. That's all that matters. Clay can put up the "w' for this game and ignore their "L" to Pope John Paul II, but everyone there knows Pickett outplayed them and Clay only stayed in the game on 11 points they got as the result of these T's

All I hear are excuses. Is that what PC has turned into? Every game...we were sick, the refs were bad, blah, blah, blah. You LOST. Period. Last year when we were @ PC there was an official that did not call a single thing against PC and called things against us like crazy, and this is the first you've heard of it. If you have to go to Chattanooga this year you're gonna see refs that make these guy look fantastic so quit your crying.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a HUGE difference between regular fouls and technicals. I saw that Anthony Copeland was a ref before the game and said to a friend, "I guarantee he'll call a technical on Pickett Co...he always does." I was wrong, he called 2. As for Clay Co. being ahead...they got their first lead due to Copeland's first nonsense technical. It was 12-10 Bobcats, then went to 15-12 Clay because after the 2 free throws, Clay hit a three with possession. That's a 5 point swing. I do give Clay Co. fans credit. When they "won" the game, they cheered, not not much. I believe every person in the gym knew Anthony Copeland changed the outcome of the game. Anyway, Pickett proved they are as good as Clay Co. now...and so much for devil's prediction earlier in the year of a 25 point win at Pickett .

How did i know that all this talk about FOULS against PICKETT COUNTY was going to be all over this thread. Any player, team or fan of an opposing team that has ever went to Pickett County to play a game knows that Pickett gets most, if not all of the calls in Byrdstown. Copeland didn't call the last foul against Pickett County you must have been watching a different game. Pickett got away with a walk EVERY time Roddy touched the ball. You people from Pickett act as if the fouls were in FAVOR OF CLAY COUNTY??? HELLO!!! THERE WERE MORE FOULS CALLED AGAINST CLAY THAN THERE WERE PICKETT!!! What about all those free throws given to Pickett in the first half????? That was the ONLY reason the game was close! You don't mention the fact that Pickett was in the bonus in the first quarter with an 8-2 advantage early in the second, or the fact that at NO TIME during this game was CLAY COUNTY in the double bonus until 4.5 seconds to go in the game and that PICKETT was in the DOUBLE BONUS THE FIRST HALF AND MOST OF THE FOURTH QUARTER! No mention of that no, you want to get on here and say Clay was given the game. As usual, just like the VanBuren game it wasn't Pickett County's fault they lost it was due to something else. Pickett proved nothing more than they can keep it close at home. Whats the bottom line? As for the LA comment, well you did beat Clay ONCE and you got BEAT ONCE by Clay County. As for the last shot Bob77, Clay did not even guard him the game was over at that point. The only reason it was close was because the CALLS WERE SO IN FAVOR OF PICKETT UP UNTIL THE LAST 4.5 SECONDS OF THE GAME! See we can all get on here and blame someone or something, however let me just add one last thing. I want to commend the Clay County boys for showing class out there on the floor and not losing their composure when they never got a call the ENTIRE FIRST HALF OF THE GAME outside of the one technical! Also for not running down the floor and pulling their jersey's over their head after a victory against Pickett Co like a player from Pickett did last year when they beat Clay County. Good job. Finally i will end with this, last i checked when you score more points than your opponent you win, when you don't they count that as a loss so Clay WON the game it wasn't given to them. After all the stuff that went on at this game, i will say this there is one bright and shining light that i seen at Pickett County and that was Miss Lindsey Wright. Fans were mad, yelling and screaming, police getting involved and this young lady came over and congratulated Clay on its victory, she talked with me for awhile and i was very impressed with her. She is an asset to Pickett Co. and a great example for all student athletes. Jacob Wright played a great game, the kid is a very good player and will be a great player before he's done. Good luck to Pickett the rest of the way and i can't think of anything better than to do it again but i don't see you beating Jackson County in the semi's of the district so i guess we'll wait till the region semi's to do it! :blink:

Edited by devilfanatic

Well Im a Clay County Fan and Im glad that we won because Picket County thought that they was gonna win @ home but our boys showed them how much that they wanted to win! Ferrall, Godwin, and Rich did good, but Rich good have did better than what he can do. That was a bad call when T.C went up for a shot and killed three of our boys and injured Kerr. Thanks to him he cant play his Senior night!!!! Well Im glad Clay came through on this game!!!!!! Good Luck to the DAWGS!!!!!!!! :)

I live in Pickett Co, and they did not lose the game on account of the refs!!! By the way Capps was driving to the basket when he knocked down three players, and potentially may have broken one's ankle. I always thought that was a charge when you knocked someone down, but I guess when your dad is chairman of the school board you can get away with alot. The refs were horrible last night, but I thought it was very unprofessional and kind of childish the way that Bibb CHASED the refs off the court. In my opinion he should have had about 4 or 5 technicals called on him for the way he acted during the game and going out on the court. There were difinitely more fouls called on Clay, the game is over Clay won Pickett lost, lets go on and drop it.

lol........your telling me that you want me to believe a single player went up for a block and somehow knocked down three opposing players.....come on man lets be realistic!

He did do it and everyone is talking bout it being a charge and whatnot but i dont see why that they put it out that he "Intentionally" tried to hurt Kerr....it happens all the time

I live in Pickett Co, and they did not lose the game on account of the refs!!! By the way Capps was driving to the basket when he knocked down three players, and potentially may have broken one's ankle. I always thought that was a charge when you knocked someone down, but I guess when your dad is chairman of the school board you can get away with alot. The refs were horrible last night, but I thought it was very unprofessional and kind of childish the way that Bibb CHASED the refs off the court. In my opinion he should have had about 4 or 5 technicals called on him for the way he acted during the game and going out on the court. There were difinitely more fouls called on Clay, the game is over Clay won Pickett lost, lets go on and drop it.

I'm not a genius or anything but i dont think that your parents have anything to do with a basketball game just because of where they work or what their job is.Plus,as i told Onaroll,he didnt intentionally try to hurt Kerr...he just penetrated to the basket and as any ball player would do they went to take the charge and he went for the shot,therefore falling into the players.Yet again,It happens all the time.