Pickett Co/Clay Co. Game/Is it Still On?

bobcatfan300

Yes, Devilfanatic who is a Clay County fan for two years and two years only, I do know what the word "contradicting" means. I used this word to describe you because of how you complain when the Pickett fans blamed the refs the other night and then you casually throw in the age comment. You didn't come out and say that is why Pickett County was better last year, but you definitely meant it. You mak excuses just like everyone else on here does. You know this group of Clay County players are actually good sports and seem to be good kids but fans like you make us all want to root against them everytime they step on the floor. Why don't you quit running your mouth and maybe more of us would be supportive of your adopted team.

And by the way, I am not from Pickett County but I do keep up with them and watched last year's group play a lot of games over the years. I now know it to be a fact that only one player was 19 last season. You can check the birth certificates if you want, but even then you will claim someone has changed them.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devil... You need to get off of the fact of staying back. Your kids have the same opportunity to stay back as anyone else does. If you are going to make an arguement that staying back is wrong, then how are you going to explain moving is fair? Staying back obviously isnt that big of a deal this year, Pickett had no seniors and are still on the same level as the almight Clay Countians.

Yeah Picketts on the same level thats why they lost twice to them. As for your comments on recruiting, well look no further than Joseph Bailey. :thumb:

Yes, Devilfanatic who is a Clay County fan for two years and two years only, I do know what the word "contradicting" means. I used this word to describe you because of how you complain when the Pickett fans blamed the refs the other night and then you casually throw in the age comment. You didn't come out and say that is why Pickett County was better last year, but you definitely meant it. You mak excuses just like everyone else on here does. You know this group of Clay County players are actually good sports and seem to be good kids but fans like you make us all want to root against them everytime they step on the floor. Why don't you quit running your mouth and maybe more of us would be supportive of your adopted team.

And by the way, I am not from Pickett County but I do keep up with them and watched last year's group play a lot of games over the years. I now know it to be a fact that only one player was 19 last season. You can check the birth certificates if you want, but even then you will claim someone has changed them.

Who was 19?

Here goes big mouth devil putting his foot in his mouth...the Baileys are close friends of mine. Joseph was NEVER recruited. Carl was very unhappy with what was going on in Columbia and already had a home at the lake. He and the 2 kids moved to the lake, while his mother commuted. Devil will be bitter forever because Joseph was by far the bast player last year and sent the Bulldevils to their DOOM last year...off to Chattanooga where they have losing down pat! His coast to coast drive was unstoppable by the bulldevils in the region game after his son blew a free throw. As for the Bulldevils being a better team, a 46-45 score looks pretty much to me like equal teams...especially when it was helped by 3 technicals and only one was called for...Bibbs. He said he earned his. I love pushing devil's buttons. It is so easy.

Ok i understand what you were saying now bob and i am sure you are probably right. As for T.C. or anyone else trying to hurt another player, well thats just not true. These two teams might not like eachother but the players play hard and are both well coached and i know for a fact neither coach would tolerate that kind of action. They were just playing the game, the bad thing is Kerr is definately out for the rest of the season from i'm told and they are not sure if he'll even come back for the tournaments which will be a huge loss. Hopefully Knight can step in to the starting lineup and that just means Jake Hewitt's role got alot bigger now. As for the Godwin fan, well i am not surprised in the least that some child from Pickett has done something like this, however i also know that there are some like Miss Wright that are good sports and great kids so i won't even comment on it any further. As for playing Clay close at home, well i might have embelished somewhat about the final score but anyone that has ever went to Pickett Co. to play their boys knows how hard it is to win on that court, especially another district team. Does anyone know the last time Pickett's boys lost a home district game? I would assume its been awhile as they've had some great teams up there. The district tournament is right around the corner and i'm sure there will be some exciting games to watch. Good luck to ALL the teams and may the best TEAM win! :rolleyes:

No offense to you Devilfanatic but do you think that Oldballfan may have been someone from Clay also?