Pickett Co/Clay Co. Game/Is it Still On?

bobcatfan300

I watched both championship games last year between Pickett and Clay and I am not sure what you mean by poor play. Are you referring to the missed free throws at the end of the game by your point guard? Or was it letting Bailey drive the length of the floor virtually unguarded? That was poor coaching by not putting more pressure on him than Clay County did.

And one more thing. Pickett would have also won the district championship game if they had not had some poor play down the stretch so don't make excuses. You fuss on everyone else when they do.

Pickett didn't play bad down the stretch of the district championship game...they actually came back some. Here's why I refered to the tourney games last year. We were 10+ points better in the post season than we were in the regular season. No reason we won't be again.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah whats even more amazing that the fans from Pickett have failed to mention was there was no foul called against Capps either, NOW THAT WAS AMAZING! <_<

LOL. If I remember correctly someone tryed to take a charge, and kind of flopped, possibly could have been a call either way, but could have also been a no call. Secondly, I don't know how the other person fell, but Tyler Kerr went in there jumping like a deer after a rebound, and landed on someone, rolled his ankle, oh I see it too, totally TC Capps fault. I agree. Give me a break, that's going low to tell someone that it was their fault for getting someone hurt....Shame on you TC you shouldn't have shot..Give me a break and grow up. I also don't see why you were referring back to the LA game, I would try ot forget that game if it was possible. I mean to call someone like that when they just demolished you by 40 pts, that's just not smart. Good job to CC and good luck against the Springers.

Edited by Play 4 Fun

LOL. If I remember correctly someone tryed to take a charge, and kind of flopped, possibly could have been a call either way, but could have also been a no call. Secondly, I don't know how the other person fell, but Tyler Kerr went in there jumping like a deer after a rebound, and landed on someone, rolled his ankle, oh I see it too, totally TC Capps fault. I agree. Give me a break, that's going low to tell someone that it was their fault for getting someone hurt....Shame on you TC you shouldn't have shot..Give me a break and grow up. I also don't see why you were referring back to the LA game, I would try ot forget that game if it was possible. I mean to call someone like that when they just demolished you by 40 pts, that's just not smart. Good job to CC and good luck against the Springers.

I think Kerr has already got on here and straightened that out no need to go on about it I heard Kerr was going to see an orthopedic surgeon today i hope his season is not over

I watched both championship games last year between Pickett and Clay and I am not sure what you mean by poor play. Are you referring to the missed free throws at the end of the game by your point guard? Or was it letting Bailey drive the length of the floor virtually unguarded? That was poor coaching by not putting more pressure on him than Clay County did.

And one more thing. Pickett would have also won the district championship game if they had not had some poor play down the stretch so don't make excuses. You fuss on everyone else when they do.

Whats the bottom line? Did you win or did you lose? Last year is ancient history and it will be very hard for Pickett to beat Jackson County in the semi's let alone have any thoughts of beating Clay. Children can get on here and post how Pickett is NOW the better team even though they lost BOTH games but they are the better team now that they lost both games. :lol: Thats why they are children. Picketts only chance of beating Clay this year was this last game, and everyone that knows the game realizes this. Not sure why most of the population in Pickett County has to be such bad sports when they lose a game. :unsure:

dawg05 just always has to be negative. It is not true that there is always an excuse. When Pickett got clobbered at Clay Co. it was because Pickett played very poorly in the 1st half. When they lost to Livingston...same thing. When they lost to Clinton Co. they were outplayed again. No one made any excuses. But, the fact was they were sick for Van Buren. The fact is that fans from other school verify that the one ref really hammered Pickett vs Clay. It is easy to CLAIM fans make excuses. That way you can devert attention from the facts. Everyone at Pickett is happy knowing our young team is as good as Clay Co. now and will be even better next year and even better the year after!

Also, I hate the fact that Tyler Kerr was hurt. I hate to see any player hurt. He is one Bulldog who always played with good sportsmanship. You never saw him stomping around, making faces, or having an attitude. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Edited by bobcatfan300

dawg05 just always has to be negative. It is not true that there is always an excuse. When Pickett got clobbered at Clay Co. it was because Pickett played very poorly in the 1st half. When they lost to Livingston...same thing. When they lost to Clinton Co. they were outplayed again. No one made any excuses. But, the fact was they were sick for Van Buren. The fact is that fans from other school verify that the one ref really hammered Pickett vs Clay. It is easy to CLAIM fans make excuses. That way you can devert attention from the facts. Everyone at Pickett is happy knowing our young team is as good as Clay Co. now and will be even better next year and even better the year after!

Also, I hate the fact that Tyler Kerr was hurt. I hate to see any player hurt. He is one Bulldog who always played with good sportsmanship. You never saw him stomping around, making faces, or having an attitude. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Once again you refer back to the first meeting and talk like Pickett outplayed Clay in the second half which is not true. The facts were that Pickett's bench outscored Clay's 7-2 other wise Clay would have beaten them by 35 or more at home. You continue to make excuses, and continue to say that Pickett is as good as Clay. Last time i checked when you get beat by a team every time you play them you aren't as good as them. Why don't you just use the "ref" excuse again. I will agree that they will be better next year and the year after, after all most of the boys that will be seniors by that time should be freshman or sophomores in college by their age. They should be good, just like last years team the starters were ALL 19! :ph34r:

I ask the same question again. When Pickett beat Van Buren by 1 at their home gym was the team sick then? Same games situation in both games. Pickett leads by a good margin in first half. (1st game Pickett ahead 28 - 14) then in 2nd half Van Buren outscores Pickett Co. and ends up losing by 1. Game at Van Buren,

Pickett was leading then Van Buren outscores them in the second half by about 15 points or so and wins.

Both games followed the same pattern. A team beats you on their home court and loses to you at your homecourt by 1 point. They only reason you lose was sickness? A least give a little credit or claim sickness in both games. If any this is not fact please state what is incorrect.

Edited by SLEDGEHAMMER1

Once again you refer back to the first meeting and talk like Pickett outplayed Clay in the second half which is not true. The facts were that Pickett's bench outscored Clay's 7-2 other wise Clay would have beaten them by 35 or more at home. You continue to make excuses, and continue to say that Pickett is as good as Clay. Last time i checked when you get beat by a team every time you play them you aren't as good as them. Why don't you just use the "ref" excuse again. I will agree that they will be better next year and the year after, after all most of the boys that will be seniors by that time should be freshman or sophomores in college by their age. They should be good, just like last years team the starters were ALL 19! :ph34r:

I may be wrong, but if i remember correctly last year Pickett County only had one player who was 19. Besides, it is not illegal to stay back a year in elementary school as kids all over do this. It sounds like you are making an excuse for Pickett County beating Clay County last year and for your soon-to-be beloved Blue Devils being inferior to Pickett County the next couple of years. What is the difference in this and the Pickett County fans talking about the poor officiating the other night? It seems to me that you are once again contradicting yourself.

I may be wrong, but if i remember correctly last year Pickett County only had one player who was 19. Besides, it is not illegal to stay back a year in elementary school as kids all over do this. It sounds like you are making an excuse for Pickett County beating Clay County last year and for your soon-to-be beloved Blue Devils being inferior to Pickett County the next couple of years. What is the difference in this and the Pickett County fans talking about the poor officiating the other night? It seems to me that you are once again contradicting yourself.

Do even know what the word "contradicting" means? Evidently you need to get a dictionary out. There was no contradiction in what i said, i stated that they should be good because they will be older and you are mistaken about the ages of Picketts players. However like you said its legal, i said NOTHING in my post about it being otherwise. No one made an excuse, when Clay got beat last year in the regions scroll back and look at my post and what i said. I congratulated Pickett on the win and wished them luck. Make sure you have your facts straight before you start questioning my statements otherwise you will look really stupid! As for your mention of Pickett being better that Jackson County, well they split home/home but i guess in your eyes as usual they are still better. You could be right, but then again i know this much about both teams. Pickett has a solid first 5, after that it gets a little sparse on the talent level and it drops off considerably. Jackson County has the deepest bench in the district and they should they are one of the biggest schools in Class A. So in the end if there are alot of fouls called against both teams on a nuetral floor the edge goes to Jackson County due to depth, however with few fouls called Pickett has a slight edge in the first five. That just leaves coaching and that is a toss up, as both are well coached. I guess we'll just have to wait and see won't we? I do know this, i have seen Picketts 6th/7th/and 8th grade classes and right now, Jackson County's players are much better and they have proved that before beating them by 40. How do i know this? I was coaching Jackson County against Pickett in a tournament we won 48-8 and that was with me playing 4th graders, however like i have said in the past never under estimate the heart of a child or their will to learn so anything can happen its a long time before these boys face eachother in highschool. :ph34r:

Edited by devilfanatic

Leave it to Clay Co. to nitpick...Pickett played awful in the 1st half of the 1st Pickett/Clay game. The second half was much closer. That's all I said. My point was Clay Co. was vastly better in the first game. Pickett was better in the 2nd. I am not going to restate why, otherwise devil will publish another 10 chapters, and soon we'll be hearing about Celina's Ms. Lily's Day Care stomping Pickett's Bo Peep Day Care. Is talking about holding back players, your way of keeping the subject off the Clackson Co. recruiting? If Pickett picked up some York players maybe they'd be as good as Jacklay Co. Go Bluedogs! or is it Bulldevils? I think bull is more appropriate. Bad sports...Clay Co. is by far the worst in the Upper Cumberland.

Oh yeah...didn't devil try to make a dig at Pickett a while ago saying how Pickett Co. lost to Livingston "by nearly 40 points" when they actually got whipped by 35...actually it was CLAY CO. that Livingston blew out of the gym by 40"! Now I expect that 10 page book from devil to follow, I've given him enough stuff to while about all in one shot. Neither Pickett or Clay Co. will be going to the state this year, but we'll be there the next two. It'll be Friendship at home for the substate and maybe Clay will get another trip to Chattanooga.

Once again you refer back to the first meeting and talk like Pickett outplayed Clay in the second half which is not true. The facts were that Pickett's bench outscored Clay's 7-2 other wise Clay would have beaten them by 35 or more at home. You continue to make excuses, and continue to say that Pickett is as good as Clay. Last time i checked when you get beat by a team every time you play them you aren't as good as them. Why don't you just use the "ref" excuse again. I will agree that they will be better next year and the year after, after all most of the boys that will be seniors by that time should be freshman or sophomores in college by their age. They should be good, just like last years team the starters were ALL 19! :thumb:

Devil... You need to get off of the fact of staying back. Your kids have the same opportunity to stay back as anyone else does. If you are going to make an arguement that staying back is wrong, then how are you going to explain moving is fair? Staying back obviously isnt that big of a deal this year, Pickett had no seniors and are still on the same level as the almight Clay Countians.