Coach of the Year--your picks

katMANdo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is for a state coach of the year:

AAA Smyrna coach (Willie, I believe), they have come out of anonymity.

AA Mem Hillcrest coach, not many people know about him. He has an excellent club this year, and will make some noise at tournament time for one of the region 7 teams. Also, Farris Lowery at Jackson Northside has done a tremendous job this year.

A Coach Trevathan at Greenfield has done wonders in a short time. Maybe Patterson at Madison Magnet.

For 13AA: I don't believe the above coach from Obion Central should be. Even though Milan has stumbled as of late, they have really gotten on the map in girls' basketball. My vote would go to the Milan coach. Just my opinions: good luck to all of 13AA in the upcoming tournament.

Aftering watching Livingston soundly whip Upperman, I would have to say the coach at Livingston should have a vote for the Coach of the Year. Unless, we have to vote for a man. Lets get women coaching women in Tennessee. Some of the men coaching in this district couldn't keep their jobs if they were not tenured.

Just a note here to say that Livingston beat Upperman in overtime by 3, and Upperman had an open shot that rimmed in and out to go to double overtime, so I would not say that they "soundly whipped" them. I do think Livingston has a good coach, though, but let's not forget they lost to York.