Giles Co. Coaching Search Underway!

Guest catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

One of the Region 5-3A Johnson's has left for greener pastures as Tim Johnson is now the new head football coach at BGA. Expect assistant coach Danny Nowell along with 1,000 yard rusher Sam Edgmon to follow him to BGA.

One Johnson remains and that is William Johnson at Marshall Co. but the only question here is how long will this hold true. Johnson has shown great interest in becoming the next head football coach at Pearl-Cohn and despite his history at Stratford there is still an outside shot that he could wind up getting the job. Everyone knows that Maurice Fitzgerald is in his corner.

Let's hear your thoughts about who will succeed TJ at Giles Co. and whether or not Marshall Co. will soon be looking for a man to replace WJ as it's head football coach :thumb:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the Region 5-3A Johnson's has left for greener pastures as Tim Johnson is now the new head football coach at BGA. Expect assistant coach Danny Nowell along with 1,000 yard rusher Sam Edgmon to follow him to BGA.

One Johnson remains and that is William Johnson at Marshall Co. but the only question here is how long will this hold true. Johnson has shown great interest in becoming the next head football coach at Pearl-Cohn and despite his history at Stratford there is still an outside shot that he could wind up getting the job. Everyone knows that Maurice Fitzgerald is in his corner.

Let's hear your thoughts about who will succeed TJ at Giles Co. and whether or not Marshall Co. will soon be looking for a man to replace WJ as it's head football coach :thumb:

pure speculation catfish..............BUT...................some of those assistants at Lincoln Co have been there awhile and Fayettville isn't too far from Pulaski. Would one of them be ready to step up to a head coaching job. Also, being that close to Alabama would the Giles Co. job lure an Alabama coach over the state line.

I still think WJ is probably working hard at getting the Pearl-Cohn job. If he doesn't get it, it will not be for lack of trying.

Let's hear your thoughts about who will succeed TJ at Giles Co. and whether or not Marshall Co. will soon be looking for a man to replace WJ as it's head football coach :lol:

The reason these coaching searches become zoos on here is because you guys start these threads the day after a job opens. WHen the zoo begins, don't complain!

You can bet that Giles County and Marshall County (if Johnson leaves) will find someone that they can trust to stay for a while. Both of these teams should have the athletes to attract coaches and I know that both of them are traditionally sound. I'm sure right now Giles County would be the better of the two, because there seems to be a lot of politics played in Marshall County and no one tries to hide it. Good luck to who ever they get, you have to feel for the kids in both situations...sometimes I think the players get left out...its hard for them to remain focused and determined to win when they are constantly going through changes...I understand I myself went through 3 coaches in 4 years as a high school player and it stunk.

Edited by dawgsfan71

You can bet that Giles County and Marshall County (if Johnson leaves) will find someone that they can trust to stay for a while. Both of these teams should have the athletes to attract coaches and I know that both of them are traditionally sound. I'm sure right now Giles County would be the better of the two, because there seems to be a lot of politics played in Marshall County and no one tries to hide it. Good luck to who ever they get, you have to feel for the kids in both situations...sometimes I think the players get left out...its hard for them to remain focused and determined to win when they are constantly going through changes...I understand I myself went through 3 coaches in 4 years as a high school player and it stunk.

yep, and you have to wonder why it always seems to happen at certain schools. It can't be just coincidence.

Guest catfish-hunter

Why not mention WJ for the Giles County Job. You two have put his name into every other open position.

I never had William Johnson associated with another job outside of PC. He did show some interest in the Antioch job but they wouldn't have him. He dropped out of that race about two weeks back and you know that. If he had to drop out of a race for a job then don't you think he was interested in the job to begin with???? COMMON SENSE is a great thing when you know how to use it.

BTW, everyone thought I had lost it back in December when I said that Tim Johnson was headed towards BGA. Johnson supposedly rejected the job after it was offered to him over the likes of Rankin, Crawford, and Smith but I knew the whole time that he was playing a game of "Let's Make A Deal". MARK MY WORDS RIGHT NOW: whether it is two years from now or ten years from now Tim Johnson will one day become the head football coach at Lincoln Co. BANK ON IT!!!! You all know that Johnson wasn't the sexiest choice out there but in the end he was the guy who got the job because his past in building up programs pretty much speaks for itself. I knew it and when you all thought that I was wrong you did not hesitate for one moment to let me know about it. Now that I'm right the shoe is on the other foot. Tim Johnson will win at BGA and it will happen sooner than you folks think.

While Tim Johnson was not the sexiest choice at BGA I will say that at the moment William Johnson is by far the sexiest choice at Pearl-Cohn. If anyone else had cheated and then in one year's time tried to return to the same city where he did cheat then that person wouldn't have a snowball's chance of landing a job. Metro Athletic Director Scott Brunette knows it whether he thinks highly of Johnson or not. Maurice Fitzgerald (hands down the most popular coach in the metro area) knows it as well and that is why he is lobbying like crazy to try to get Johnson at PC. The Firebirds have a chance to be awfully good for the next couple of years and they want a guy that has proven to be successful to come in and run the show. William Johnson will be the next head football coach at Pearl-Cohn and I'd venture to say that he's bringing Jelani Overton and Damien Harris along for the ride.

Guest catfish-hunter

not true, sir. just the Pearl-Cohn job. I've been told he really wants back in the Metro system. If not, I'll be the first to say I'm wrong.

I agree with you 100% because I'll admit that I was wrong as well. William Johnson wants to coach in Nashville and anyone who says otherwise is simply in denial.