Bolivar V. Brentwood Acadamy

GCPioneer

Lakecounty, It's kinda of hard to be a HOMER when I'm not from Bolivar. I'm like you, I like to watch basketball. You threw out the stat about Thad scoring more than Willie and Chism combined. Well, what about when Bolivar and Mitchell played HEAD to HEAD which all that really matters and Thad had 6 points at the half compared to Chism' s 13. When Chism went out, I thought for sure it was going to be a blow out because of the size difference but Young only scored 11 aganst 6'2 Willie. I'm not saying that Willie or Chism are better than Young or Wright. All that I'm saying is their on that level. Rankings don't mean anything. Rankings is just something to get people to follow recruiting. There have been tons of high ranked players that never done anything or a school would have a top 5 recruiting class a few years in a row and never won anything. Most of the time, these top players are more like Men playing against boys. It's when these top players play each other that you find out how good they are. Willie and Wayne have played up to there level when they have played them.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rankings don't mean anything. Rankings is just something to get people to follow recruiting. There have been tons of high ranked players that never done anything or a school would have a top 5 recruiting class a few years in a row and never won anything.

I agree with you about the rankings deal. It's subjective no matter how you view it.

I am proud the guys are ranked...mainly b/c it matters to many other people. But I see what you mean.

Willie and Wayne are much more than "good ball players". We have MANY of those in West TN.

As for the BA game...I don't know...and I'm not sure they do, except that BCHS took a thumpin'. Good for BA...and it may sound like I'm crazy here...but it may not have been such a bad thing for Bolivar---in the long run. We'll see.

This is old news and I have no excuses for our team on that one night. They didn't show up for whatever reason but that is now history. I hope they will learn from it.

But to say Wayne Chism and Willie Kemp are just good ball players is not taking into account ALL the games they've played before. Chipper, I don't know your motive here, but you can say it all you want.

But that doesn't make it so.

And that is takining NOTHING away from Thad and Brandon at all...did not mean it that way.

And lakecountyfan007, I hear ya about the rankings...but they are ALL ranked aren't they? And that is in the entire U.S....not just the state.

The reason they didnt show up was 2 words, brentwood academy.They were clearly the better team and willie and wayne are just good players,not elite.If they were elite players they would have proved it that nite,so they are just good players like a lot of west tn ball players.Wayne couldnt get a shot off with wright blockn it every time.When he did get a shot off he missd layups.There are lot of high school ball players in this area who seen wayne and willie play for the first time and all say that they were not that good.

I wanted to say something in my post but was not sure. But yes you just proved it true, "You are one of them that is mad that Weddle isn't getting his recognition". The kid is good have seen him play many of times and is a h--- of a shooter. But lets not knock Lil Wil because other people isn't giving him his but if you have read some of my post I did and still do. Oh by the way Willie was not playing him the freshman(Crisp) was if I'm not mistaken.

Willie did to.We got the highlight when he put a killa crossover on willie and to keep from falling he grabbed his jersey.

The reason they didnt show up was 2 words, brentwood academy.They were clearly the better team and willie and wayne are just good players,not elite.If they were elite players they would have proved it that nite,so they are just good players like a lot of west tn ball players.Wayne couldnt get a shot off with wright blockn it every time.When he did get a shot off he missd layups.There are lot of high school ball players in this area who seen wayne and willie play for the first time and all say that they were not that good.

One game doesn't prove one team, or player, is better than another. Why wasn't the first time they met a blowout? Is BA a better team: YES. Are Willie and Wayne "good players like alot of other west tn ball players?" NO. "Good", or average, don't win back-to-back state titles. "Good" players don't get scholarships from highly ranked D-1 basketball programs. It's amazing how fast people forget what those 2 players have acomplished together at Bolivar. The good news is that we will all have the opportunity to watch them again next year and maybe they will redeem themselves...on ESPN. :ph34r:

One game doesn't prove one team, or player, is better than another. Why wasn't the first time they met a blowout? Is BA a better team: YES. Are Willie and Wayne "good players like alot of other west tn ball players?" NO. "Good", or average, don't win back-to-back state titles. "Good" players don't get scholarships from highly ranked D-1 basketball programs. It's amazing how fast people forget what those 2 players have acomplished together at Bolivar. The good news is that we will all have the opportunity to watch them again next year and maybe they will redeem themselves...on ESPN. :lol:

2 STATE TITLES AND MAJOR NOT MID-MAJOR SCHOLARSHIIPS,TOP 50 RANKINGS IN THE NATION TOP 5 IN THE STATE WHATS LEFT TO PROVE ON THE HIGHSCHOOL LEVEL THESE GUYS HAD A BAD NIGHT ANYTIME YOU SHOOT 29% FROM THE FIELD AS A TEAM YOU WONT BEAT CAMDEN IF THAT GUY OR ANYBODY HAS THAT OPINUN ABOUT WILLIE AND WAYNE ARE JUST HATERS NOT TRUE B-BALL FANS BECAUSE PLAYERS LIKE THEM DONT COME AROUND OFTEN IN THIS AREA YOUR RIGHT BRO CHECK THOSE NOT TO GOOD PLAYERS OUT ON ESPN NEXT YEAR

Edited by BIGWEBB

Willie did to.We got the highlight when he put a killa crossover on willie and to keep from falling he grabbed his jersey.

Still wrong a play or two does not have nothing to do with the entire game but if have the tape take a look at the stop and go that LIL'Wil put on them. End of that it's playoff time and the B-TOWN TIGERS is getting prepared for that 3peat. End of my post on this topic good day-night or whenever you get this

I am a Brentwood Academy fan... Wayne and Willie are great players... everybody give them the props they deserve... Brandan Wright is a great player... I will say that I think Brandan is better than both of them and that is why the rankings say what they do... Josh Bone is also a underrated guard... maybe not as quick at Willie but i think a better shooter... Good Luck Bolivar in State

So basically what your saying is an elite player never has a bad night. What about the first time Chism went against Wright? They had the same numbers. Anytime they have played the top players they played with them. One game don't make a player.

They just have alot of problems with that back to back nothing else. I'm letting it burn. It has gotten so bad that a guy that I work with got kids go to LIBERTY and when the season started all we talked about was BOLIVAR and LIBERTY. But today when the JACKSON SUN did the article about MADDEN he got so upset about that. His words was calling me to get the paper that he is so tired of opening the paper and all they talk about is the kids from BOLIVAR. He asked why come we (LIBERTY) don't ever get the front page. My reply was wait their turn which maybe this year or even more better chances next year but just let us LIVE OURS AT THIS MOMENT. And that goes for the rest of the people that just doesn't like BOLIVAR,LET US ENJOY OURS

2 STATE TITLES AND MAJOR NOT MID-MAJOR SCHOLARSHIIPS,TOP 50 RANKINGS IN THE NATION TOP 5 IN THE STATE WHATS LEFT TO PROVE ON THE HIGHSCHOOL LEVEL THESE GUYS HAD A BAD NIGHT ANYTIME YOU SHOOT 29% FROM THE FIELD AS A TEAM YOU WONT BEAT CAMDEN IF THAT GUY OR ANYBODY HAS THAT OPINUN ABOUT WILLIE AND WAYNE ARE JUST HATERS NOT TRUE B-BALL FANS BECAUSE PLAYERS LIKE THEM DONT COME AROUND OFTEN IN THIS AREA YOUR RIGHT BRO CHECK THOSE NOT TO GOOD PLAYERS OUT ON ESPN NEXT YEAR

2 state titles dont make u an elite player.Cause u got a major scholarship doesnt make u an elite player.Look at charles hathaway at tenn.He was a 1st team parade all american in high school his senior year.Had to be one of the worst parade all american i have seen.He couldnt do anything at tenn.So the state titles and major scholarships dont mean anything about a elite player.Are the other guys who won with them elite players?No.Thad and Brandon Wright are elite players in tenn.

2 state titles dont make u an elite player.Cause u got a major scholarship doesnt make u an elite player.Look at charles hathaway at tenn.He was a 1st team parade all american in high school his senior year.Had to be one of the worst parade all american i have seen.He couldnt do anything at tenn.So the state titles and major scholarships dont mean anything about a elite player.Are the other guys who won with them elite players?No.Thad and Brandon Wright are elite players in tenn.

All 4 are elite players. You telling me that out of all the 10s of thousands of players that play high school basketball they are all ranked in the top 50, and that is not elite? These 4 are the top 4 in the state, you telling me thats not elite? Brandan is the best high school player I've ever seen, I think he's better than Young hands down, maybe even better than Greg Oden. But all 4 are elite players.

Ask yourself this, if you had 7 seconds left in thre 4th and you was down by 2, who would you want the ball in the hands of? If you said anybody besides Kemp, you need to watch Bolivar play more. Thats an elite player.