Knoxville Softball

Old Blue

As far as I have heard, from Powell people, the issue with the pitcher has nothing to do with the adminstration or TSSAA. It is a suspension from no one else but the Powell coaching staff pertaining to team rules. She was suspended for one district game and the Hendersonville tournament. As far as I know she will be back in full swing after Spring Break.

Another thing I don't understand why people get into this ranking stuff so much and arguing about this team and that team when it is so early in the season and most teams have not even played 10 games yet. The bottom line is ANYTHING can happen...and that's what makes this game so GREAT!!!!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people want to know more about Halls pick up the article in the fountain city focus. I also think you can download it online at www.fountaincityfocus.com

Coach Hall gives it straight out.

Here are some statements to show everyone what Halls has.

"People better not take us lightly," Hall says. We've got a pitcher that can keep us in games, and if we stay in it for 5 innings we can find a way to win. We're gonna get our share."

"We're as bad as we're going to be right now," said Hall. "Nothing happended against Karns that we can't fix."

Looks to me like Coach Hall has a team that will take on anyone. ;)

How's William Blount this year? I don't know much about area softball yet, so I'd like to get an idea.

Well, the first game was a bit of a joke. Maryville scored almost at will. The only complete game winners they've had this year are two freshmen. One in a scrimmage and one against Maryville's JV. Unless the offense can start producing and the defense can stop producing errors, it's going to be a long year. that said, I do love my Lady Govs. Coach, not so much. Bearden's up next. <<shudder>> ;)

If people want to know more about Halls pick up the article in the fountain city focus. I also think you can download it online at www.fountaincityfocus.com

Coach Hall gives it straight out.

Here are some statements to show everyone what Halls has.

"People better not take us lightly," Hall says. We've got a pitcher that can keep us in games, and if we stay in it for 5 innings we can find a way to win. We're gonna get our share."

"We're as bad as we're going to be right now," said Hall. "Nothing happended against Karns that we can't fix."

Looks to me like Coach Hall has a team that will take on anyone. :thumb:

If you can stay in the game till the 5th inning you've got a chance per Coach Hall, which is true. The question is can you ? I agree the team will improve with time, but so will the competition. Who have you played pre season, tournament and league to date ?

If you can stay in the game till the 5th inning you've got a chance per Coach Hall, which is true. The question is can you ? I agree the team will improve with time, but so will the competition. Who have you played pre season, tournament and league to date ?

I agree with Powellsoftball, any team who can stay in it until the 5th has a chance.

We will watch over the next few weeks, I think I saw where Halls plays Central this week and Powell on 4/4 then we can see if they are as good as they all think.

:thumb:

True, the WB-Maryville game was not a complete game. But the JV girls were up by 3 I believe. It's a win in my book. Jess Houser is a heck of a freshman pitcher. They had 3 good freshmen pitchers. They're down to two. Anyhoo. It's a dysfunctional family at best. I wish them well, but I don't see them having the leadership they'll need to pull this season together. :lol:;)

People need to get their facts straight about stats and being "all district tournament" and "all district." Everybody remember that there are 2 sides to every story. It's not the dog that has the loudest bark that always has the worse bite. I wouldn't count Halls out just yet. I've seen them play and u never know they might surprise some teams.

People need to get their facts straight about stats and being "all district tournament" and "all district." Everybody remember that there are 2 sides to every story. It's not the dog that has the loudest bark that always has the worse bite. I wouldn't count Halls out just yet. I've seen them play and u never know they might surprise some teams.

Did I miss something? I haven't seen anything mentioned about All district??? :rolleyes: I am sure Halls will win their share of games but when it comes down to winning the district that is where I think they will fall short.

Facts? I understand facts but what the heck are you talking about all district and all whatever....don't remember seeing that in the thread.

Facts? 2 sides to every story? Looks like that article above, that HHSYank listed, was very one sided.

Halls played Alcoa, Maryville, Bearden. I don't think any of those teams ran away with it.

Good comment changeup11 :rolleyes: