District 4-AAA

OutfielderNPitcher217

The region is up for grabs this year, at least more so then it has been in the past. I think this region year in and year out over the last 5 years has definetly been among consideration for tops in the state, and is no different this year. At the bottom I believe you will have SC and LC, not knowing much about them, I just dont see them making much noise. Heritage unfortunately hasn't got much of a team this year. They have no pitching, no offense, and their defense is somewhat scattered. Bennet is a good coach and a great motivator, and obviously last years squad over achieved getting very hot in the tournament, but this year I just dont see it happening. Maryville is also lookin glum. They basically have no pitching staff this year, and their offense was dismal last year. I believe they recieved a decent player from Mo. West, maybe he will make a difference. William Blount is pretty young. They really only have 1 or 2 proven varsity players on the squad this year. From what I see their coach does a very poor job managing this team. Over the past 5 years I have seen a ton of talent on this team, which has ultimately amounted to nothing in wins or college players. South Doyle wil be solid, but I believe they are over rated. After the Holland kid, I dont know what they will have pitching wise. Their defense is often shaky at times. If they can play together I believe they can make some noise. The Bearden team can hit. They have at least 4 players on this team taht are college material. They have 2 young ptichers who have thrown since they were freshman and will most likely be successful this year. I look for them to be 2nd. Then there is Farragut. Farragut doesent possess the talent SD or Bearden does, but .. come on. They play some of the best fundamental baseball I have seen on any level, and are always hot towards the end of the season. I look for it to be. Another thing I like about this region is each team has players that can carry their team. Bearden has around 4, with the Alexander kid, Wayne Miller, Kendall Wells and the Roach kid who is successful hitting pop up home runs out of h.s. parks. South Doyle has the Hawn kid who when he hits . . he hits, there is no messing around. Also Holland is tough to hit for high school players when he is on. Farraguts player remains to be seen, but as much of a team as they are I doubt it will be necessary. WB has the Crosby kid who produces most of their offense and plays some of the best infield in the region. THe mountaineers have a couple of players in the Goodson kid and davis that I think will be able to support their team enoguh to win a few games. The Basile kid from Maryville allegedly had a solid year last year. Looks interesting, give me your opinions.

Edited by BaseballScout

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BaseballScout

Farragut players remain to be seen? You must not have watched them to much last year. Several key members (and all district selections) return from 2005.

No need to mention names here as this team always plays for the name on the front of their jerseys, never for the one on the back. Thats what makes Farragut Baseball so successfull!

Edited by Tampabay41

I would never count Farragut out. Tommy usually just reloads.

Tampa, I don't think BB scout was necessarily trying to be derogatory towards Farragut. As an outside observer I'd have to say that, after Rob, there are not a lot of "statewide" names on the Farragut roster. That's not to say that guys won't be there at tournament time. Oftentimes individuals may not stand out on Farragut's squad because of the team's overall success.

Farragut likely has a lot of guys that will step up. But those guys have been in the shadows because they had to wait their turn behind the outstanding 2004 class and 2005 performers like Brown, Delmonico, Jennings, etc. OTOH Bearden and South Doyle feature players who've been in the lineup for 3 or 4 years. They've been building to this whereas Farragut just reloads.

I've also learned to never count out Maryville or William Blount. Both teams have made some noise at the top of the district at various times during the past 4-5 years.

No they don't have Delmonico or Waldrop. What they do have is the best coach in the state. When it is all said and done, Farragut will be right there at the top.Word has it, they have been working thier butt off. Expect Coach Pharrs best coaching this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Bearden over Sevier county 5-0.

The Smoky Bears had little offense last night. There were a few good strokes, but right at people. A big surprise to many im sure, is that they had no errors, unlike past seasons where anything put into play was almost a guaranteed hit.

The Bulldogs came out swinging and hit the ball well. Theres not much you can do about that.