D2

sanchez

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D2 will be very interesting... mccallie, baylor, and webb are always really good. baylor's coach always has his team prepared and sharp no matter what kind of kids he has to work with. unless i am mistaken, mccallie only lost 2 seniors which means they will be strong as well. webb also lost only 3 seniors and are returning 8 seniors for the coming season. they finished 2nd in the state last year and there is no way you can say that mccallie has it easy or any of those teams for that matter. in my opinion state is up in the air for all three of these teams. it will all just come down to who wants it the most in may.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you are going up against McCallie this year, you might as well give up. After losing only 2 seniors, McCallie has no choice but to take state with ease.

McCallie wont even take the east. Webb returns 4 pitchers with state tournament wins last year (3 of them complete games) and have more offense than they did a year ago... ECS and Christian Brothers will have better teams than McCallie from the West and BGA is probably better than McCallie from the middle...

McCallie wont even take the east. Webb returns 4 pitchers with state tournament wins last year (3 of them complete games) and have more offense than they did a year ago... ECS and Christian Brothers will have better teams than McCallie from the West and BGA is probably better than McCallie from the middle...

I haven't seen any other D2 teams outside of Memphis but I do think CBHS is the team to beat. They always are. If I remember right they swept through last years state tourney without breaking a sweat. I wouldn't be shocked if they do it again.

Edited by thedtrain

I haven't seen any other D2 teams outside of Memphis but I do CBHS is the team to beat. They always are. If I remember right they swept through last years state tourney without breaking a sweat. I wouldn't be shocked if they do it again.

Didn't they loose one game in pool play to Ryan and then came back to beat Ryan the next game?