AP Prep Poll

PTSportsWriter

As Bruce Pearl says - "It's not how you start, but how you finish."

Greeneville's won their last 8

Science Hill winners of 16 of their last 18 (one to Brentwood Academy in December and the other to a team from West VA 2 weeks back)

Meanwhile, Oakland lost last week.

OHS won 9 out of 10 and 16 of last 19 so has SH. SH wasn't competitive against Siegel, we beat them and lost by 3. A loss to a 17-8 Sullivan team and 18-9 Bradley team.

Greenville won 16 of last 19 as well. Loss to 5-10 Craigmont team. A decent Red Bank team, gotta doubt the competition they've played, 13-10 Webb team, 15-10 Sullivan Central team, and 18-8Clinton team.

Not saying we deserve to be ranked, but come on....We've played the #17 schedule on CoachT...I wish we could get back at Columbia, or had a full lineup in the 2nd LaVergne game or Independence game.....but can't redo them

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OHS won 9 out of 10 and 16 of last 19 so has SH. SH wasn't competitive against Siegel, we beat them and lost by 3. A loss to a 17-8 Sullivan team and 18-9 Bradley team.

Greenville won 16 of last 19 as well. Loss to 5-10 Craigmont team. A decent Red Bank team, gotta doubt the competition they've played, 13-10 Webb team, 15-10 Sullivan Central team, and 18-8Clinton team.

Not saying we deserve to be ranked, but come on....We've played the #17 schedule on CoachT...I wish we could get back at Columbia, or had a full lineup in the 2nd LaVergne game or Independence game.....but can't redo them

Greeneville also whipped a decent Red Bank team. Those other Greeneville losses you mentioned were early in the season.( I think Thanksgiving and Xmas Tourneys)

This is a very talented team.

Will someone please explain how McKenzie is still in the top ten. They lost to Trinity Christian and Adamsville, two teams that aren't even recieving votes. They only beat Camden by 1, Clarksburg by 7, and Gleason by 2. ALL THOSE TEAMS ARE HORRIBLE. This poll is a joke!!!

Middleton #10... You voters are CRAZY...

Yeah, I saw that too. :thumb:

Dont forget about Union City not being ranked after spliting games with AA #5 Haywood, A #4 Lake County, and A #9 Humboldt. They're only other in state loss coming to AA #2 Liberty who could be in the finals this year.

Edited by PrepFanatic

:DCosby is ranked way to HIGH!! :thumb: #1 , Give me a break..

They always choke in the tournaments much like they did in the 2000 state final vs. South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> ;)

I would not even mention South Fulton on a board that was talking about the top 10 teams in the state. Just check their record. At least Cosby can still compete heck at least we can still win a game.

:lol:Cosby is ranked way to HIGH!! ;) #1 , Give me a break..

They always choke in the tournaments much like they did in the 2000 state final vs. South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> :lol:

23-1 gonna be 24 after tonight isn't even close to being good enough to be ranked #1 You guys all get on here and holler the polls are east biased maybe they are but maybe your teams in the west should have better records or impress somebody out there enough to get them to vote. You say cosby is ranked to high and I'll bet you havent seen them play. Cosby is beating 1A teams by an average of 30 a game 2A by 20 and 3A by 15 .

Greeneville also whipped a decent Red Bank team. Those other Greeneville losses you mentioned were early in the season.( I think Thanksgiving and Xmas Tourneys)

This is a very talented team.

I noticed that, as were 3 of ours, and we beat one of them with our full team. Also beat Siegel, who is MUCH better than Red Bank. Don't really care if we are or not, it all depends on WHERE the voters are from really.

there is always going to be an east coast bias on those teams....Bearden ahead of Raleigh Egypt....Science Hill anywhere on that list? quite obvious

You are correct.....WOW did I just say that? :lol:

In AA Harpeth and Sycamore are both starting to gain peoples respect.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! There must be a radioactive dump in Cheatham County. People are thinking out of their heads! :lol:

Will someone please explain how McKenzie is still in the top ten. They lost to Trinity Christian and Adamsville, two teams that aren't even recieving votes. They only beat Camden by 1, Clarksburg by 7, and Gleason by 2. ALL THOSE TEAMS ARE HORRIBLE. This poll is a joke!!!

Middleton #10... You voters are CRAZY...

They are the same way Sycamore is! They struggled to beat Waverly last week. Lost to STewart Co. once maybe again this week.