Waynesboro

PHAT4

Just curious about the current situation at Waynesboro.Talking to some parents at the state tournament at MTCS, they said they were looking for a coach.Curious to see who they get with those players coming up.They would compete well here in M'boro in basketball, just wondering about football.

Edited by PHAT4

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No there have been no hiring for a coach...and i havent heard of them even being close to getting one...rumors are that its going to be Coach Rice but who knows??...I sure hope they name one soon... :thumb:

I would think that would be a great place to coach. I coached at Knoxville Central and I talked to coach Cruze about coaching there two years ago . I was thinking of relocating. Those guys had a good team. I think a kid named Huddleston was the Quarterback. Anyway, I don't know how Wayne County pays but I was impressed with the fan support at such a small school. I'd like to see some of those basketball and baseball players on the football field. Brady and Austin to name two. I think they'll be juniors this coming year. Good luck in finding a coach. The booster club president is a great guy he should get involved in the search.

Wayne County would be a beautiful place to live and raise your family or retire to. The problems are the same as many small schools have:

1. The teacher & coaching pay is not very good

2. Everyone in the town is an expert but knows nothing

3. If you don't go to the correct church you don't get what you need with the school board

4. The parents for some reason don't want the boy's to work hard. It's ok for the girls basketball program to work hard but let's not push the boy's/

5. They coach football with 3 coaches when they really need 6

6. No one has a clue about a true strength & conditioning program. They feel that if you work on a farm that is good enough but what they don't tell you is most of the farm work is done by machinery & very little is manual labor.

Those are the cold hard fact about Wayne County.

Wayne County would be a beautiful place to live and raise your family or retire to. The problems are the same as many small schools have:

1. The teacher & coaching pay is not very good

2. Everyone in the town is an expert but knows nothing

3. If you don't go to the correct church you don't get what you need with the school board

4. The parents for some reason don't want the boy's to work hard. It's ok for the girls basketball program to work hard but let's not push the boy's/

5. They coach football with 3 coaches when they really need 6

6. No one has a clue about a true strength & conditioning program. They feel that if you work on a farm that is good enough but what they don't tell you is most of the farm work is done by machinery & very little is manual labor.

Those are the cold hard fact about Wayne County.

excellent,excellent post. this is also the case at many communities throughout middle tennessee

Well i attend high school at Wayne Co. and what yall have all said is very true...people who live here think they know everything and if you dont have the right name then your not going to see much playing time...thats why we need a coach who knows nothing about Wayne Co. and dont know any of the people from here. Your all also right on the fact about not having a coach during the off season...i mean the football players have been left out to dry here...i guess i understand the coaches wanted to quit because of the pay but they should have lined up another coach for us...i mean the young players hardly even work out anymore because we have NO coach telling them to lift and to work hard!!...they really need to find us a coach/coaches soon cause if not its going to be a hard road to recovery!!!

Heard anything about the situation in Waynesboro? Are they having any type of off-season program? How is Region 6-A going to be next year? From what I'm hearing in Murfreesboro is that Mt. Pleasant, Collinwood, and Cornersville are the teams to look out for next year.I hear that Moore Co. have had alot of there players to quit.It should be very interesting next year!!!!!!!!!!!

Cornersville?

Heard anything about the situation in Waynesboro? Are they having any type of off-season program? How is Region 6-A going to be next year? From what I'm hearing in Murfreesboro is that Mt. Pleasant, Collinwood, and Cornersville are the teams to look out for next year.I hear that Moore Co. have had alot of there players to quit.It should be very interesting next year!!!!!!!!!!!

Moore County has had a few quit. Their basketball team is building up with former football players, look for them to make some noise in the near future.Cornersville is a sleeping giant. If someone could spark that program something great could happen there. I hope all of these programs come back up to make region 6 even stronger. :rolleyes:

Edited by BURLEY