USA Friendlies

mjuhb

Guest Number8

:ph34r:

That is the type of answer i expected from you, cause there is really nothing to say to the BIG US european players. so maybe u should change it to 15 european Sucy teams, that are second league or at the bottom of the table.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK BUDDY where do all those american player for? Do they even start? cause i know japanies player play in teams like Manchester and Inter

I feel that I must step in now. The United States is not playing any of their top three goalies (Keller, Freidel, and I can't remember his name, but its the guy for manchester united). Not to mention the heart of their midfield, Claudio Reyna. Some more players are Frankie Hejduk (sprain), Pablo Mastroeni (great defender), John O'Brien, DaMarcus Beasley, and Brian McBride. These are just a few, but important because they will start in June (assuming they are healthy). That would be seven players that will probably start out of the eleven that play.

Please use these boards to discuss, not argue, especially if you have no idea of what you are talking about. Neither teams were at full strength, but of the players that were out there, the United States was clearly the better team. Take the game for what it was, a "friendly" to prepare for the World Cup.

Bruce knows who the vets will be on his squad. He's playing these games not to win, but to fill out the remainder of his roster. Add Beasley, O'Brien, Keller, McBride, etc and the US would still beat Japan. The only notable player missing from Japan was Nakata. The US have a solid team and the 2 games in Germany vs. Euro opponents will help them more than anything. I think they can advance from their group, but certainly their toughest game will be vs. the #2 team in the world, the Czech Republic. Sounds like the game vs Portugal in 02'..

Bruce knows who the vets will be on his squad. He's playing these games not to win, but to fill out the remainder of his roster. Add Beasley, O'Brien, Keller, McBride, etc and the US would still beat Japan. The only notable player missing from Japan was Nakata. The US have a solid team and the 2 games in Germany vs. Euro opponents will help them more than anything. I think they can advance from their group, but certainly their toughest game will be vs. the #2 team in the world, the Czech Republic. Sounds like the game vs Portugal in 02'..

The US definitely deserve credit for beating Japan, regardless of who was absent or present. Obviously both teams were testing their strength and trying new players and techniques. This should be a sign that the US will not do very bad in the WC.. but am not sure about the whole qualifying from the group stage thing. I consider that group a do or die and even the czech republic should struggle to make any move. I honestly don't think they are the toughest in that group.Ghana and Italy are big teams and there should definitely be suprises so let the US keep the fingers cross.

The United States is not playing any of their top three goalies (Keller, Freidel, and I can't remember his name, but its the guy for manchester united).

The guy from Manchester United is Tim Howard and is obviously a good goalie since he is on that team. I look forward to watching future games, especially the World Cup, and hope that the US has a good performance as they have been getting better every year.

That is the type of answer i expected from you, cause there is really nothing to say to the BIG US european players. so maybe u should change it to 15 european Sucy teams, that are second league or at the bottom of the table.

hey german guy, number 8, right? how does the german squad look this year? pretty old in my mind... Kahn and Ballack are washed up.. and u really have the nads to say Japan is BETTER than the US? Landon Donvan, Damarcus Beasley, Dempsey, Gibbs, Pope, Bocanegra, not to mention Mcbride, who has more goals than Henry in the EPL; plus add in 5 solid american players playing in the Bundesliga, thats a pretty good league, right german guy? just mark down the US getting to the elite 8 again...oh yeah, i believe if the Germans didn't pay off that ref in the 2002 World Cup we would have beat you, remember the handball in the box?? so just cut the old fashioned-US-is-not-in-the-same-league-as-the-rest-of-world nonsence, or just keep thinking that, but don't cry to hitler when we beat ya'll again...

Guest Number8

hey german guy, number 8, right? how does the german squad look this year? pretty old in my mind... Kahn and Ballack are washed up.. and u really have the nads to say Japan is BETTER than the US? Landon Donvan, Damarcus Beasley, Dempsey, Gibbs, Pope, Bocanegra, not to mention Mcbride, who has more goals than Henry in the EPL; plus add in 5 solid american players playing in the Bundesliga, thats a pretty good league, right german guy? just mark down the US getting to the elite 8 again...oh yeah, i believe if the Germans didn't pay off that ref in the 2002 World Cup we would have beat you, remember the handball in the box?? so just cut the old fashioned-US-is-not-in-the-same-league-as-the-rest-of-world nonsence, or just keep thinking that, but don't cry to hitler when we beat ya'll again...

Wow homie, i didn't read all the things that u wrote. But number one i was born in Iran and i grew up in germany, so that doesn't make me a german buddy. second, soccer is pretty new in US, and other countries are just better and u need to learn to except. Germany wrote History, but US -with all respect- hasn't done much of nething. Ballack is Washed up??? there u are imbarassing urself. so Ballack is soooo washed up that a crapy team like Bracelona, and real madrid are ready to pay. OMG there u are imbarassing urself AGAIN. Chease is ready to pay ANY prise for Henry and so is Man. United and u r combaring US players with him. It shows how _______ u got to be to say things like that. And for what kind of teams are those players of urs playing for?? cottbus??? wow. Then i just stopped reding cause it really is a waste.

Wow homie, i didn't read all the things that u wrote. But number one i was born in Iran and i grew up in germany, so that doesn't make me a german buddy. second, soccer is pretty new in US, and other countries are just better and u need to learn to except. Germany wrote History, but US -with all respect- hasn't done much of nething. Ballack is Washed up??? there u are imbarassing urself. so Ballack is soooo washed up that a crapy team like Bracelona, and real madrid are ready to pay. OMG there u are imbarassing urself AGAIN. Chease is ready to pay ANY prise for Henry and so is Man. United and u r combaring US players with him. It shows how _______ u got to be to say things like that. And for what kind of teams are those players of urs playing for?? cottbus??? wow. Then i just stopped reding cause it really is a waste.

actually, fella, Barcelona is NOT ready to pay for Ballack, because they would have done it already this past January, and Real Madrid?? haha, that team is going soo far down the toilet the are in the sewer...what are they 7th in the Spanish Premira? Ballack is like 33 years old, Donovan and Beasley would run circles around him...haha, and why are you talking about Henry? He is the best striker in the world and Barcelona will probably buy him, not Chelsea or Man Utd... You have to know that other countries are not better than the US, haha... Japan? please, lets just agree to disagree and wait for June,

Guest Number8

actually, fella, Barcelona is NOT ready to pay for Ballack, because they would have done it already this past January, and Real Madrid?? haha, that team is going soo far down the toilet the are in the sewer...what are they 7th in the Spanish Premira? Ballack is like 33 years old, Donovan and Beasley would run circles around him...haha, and why are you talking about Henry? He is the best striker in the world and Barcelona will probably buy him, not Chelsea or Man Utd... You have to know that other countries are not better than the US, haha... Japan? please, lets just agree to disagree and wait for June,

wow only u can say real stinks, with all thos players. Why did i bring henry up, u tryin to say those americans of ur are better than henry fool. "Mcbride, who has more goals than Henry in the EPL" <------ PLEAAASE prove that. And as for Ballack. atlease someone like Barcelona is lookin at him, unlike ur tough players on the field. Dude i mma be honest with u. The ONLY thing that make sence was "lets just agree to disagree and wait for June" the rest was like :thumb:

First off i am full blooded German and i think American Soccer is a joke only sorry players play in MLS Landon Donovan is a good player but he is sorry to because he couldn't hang in Leverkusen like any other American that goes for Claudia Reyna he is sorry Beasley plays for a sorry team in Holland and as far as i am concerned i wouldn't worry about elite 8 i would be worried about getting out of that group.Germany will always and still beat the US. its a fact we are European and big name players Ballack is 28 years old and doing mighty good.

barcelona doesn't need ballack and no they don't have the money to buy ballack because they are still trying to make payments ronaldinho and eto'o ballack is still a world class player

legend

I'm sorry, the US will have a very tough time getting to the elite 8, especially since they might have to play Brazil in the round of 16, which they will most likely lose. I am American and pro the red, white, and blue. However, their road to the elite 8 is horrible. I remember the German who handed the little ball with USA inside and the smurk he had on his face. I hope I am wrong, but the USA has a difficult road.

Number8

quit being ignorant...wait until your junior year and you are forced to take US History. Then you will learn what we (Americans) have done for the world. Examples: Time Zones, Stock Market, Democracy, etc.

As for soccer...the United States are ranked #7 and Japan #15 in the world for a reason, its because they are a better team. They also made history when they made it to the elite 8 and lets be honest came incredibly close to making it to the top four and probably would have made it to Brazil (even though they would have lost). It was clearly a hand ball on the line go to fifa.com if you don't believe me, they have video (its as clear as day).

Oh, by the way its embarrassing.