District 1 AAA Tournament

ArtVandalay

Dude...you can't even go down the politic road. You have been on every board politicking for Buchanan. He is a great player no doubt...but give it a rest. You must be his girlfriend, mom, or coach...or maybe buchanen himself. If not then you have some kind of broke back mountain thing going with the obsession over him being MVP :unsure:

no i have just watched all of the players this year and i think he is the most deserving, i mean everytime i turn around it is wattad, wattad, wattad, well he isnt the only player in the conference, i think the candidates should be Buchanan, Johnson, Hauldron, and maybe Sensabough, or the guard from East i cant think of his name right off the top of my head. i have been to alot of games this season and watched the way alot of the coaches have caoched and out of all of the players Buchanan has just impressed me the most. and you can't sit there and say that politics don't come into play because anyone who watches high school basketball knows that they do. it stinks but that is the way it is. so no i don't politic Buchanan, i just think he is very deserving of the award, but so are alot of other players.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the deal. Greeneville needed a new Elementary School and a new High School Gym. Instead of building 2 seperate locations, they built at one to save money. This location also had alot more land available than was at the High School. This allowed for much more parking. Now, for the size of Greeneville High ( 840 ), they probably have one of the better facilities around. It all worked out pretty good. They still have a brand new gym at the high school but it is in the same location and the same size as the one they had for 40 years. Way to small in seating capacity. hope this helps clarify some because it does sound kinda weird playing at an Elementary School.

Thanks for the explanation, I assume that means the Regional is at the elementary school too?

no i have just watched all of the players this year and i think he is the most deserving, i mean everytime i turn around it is wattad, wattad, wattad, well he isnt the only player in the conference, i think the candidates should be Buchanan, Johnson, Hauldron, and maybe Sensabough, or the guard from East i cant think of his name right off the top of my head. i have been to alot of games this season and watched the way alot of the coaches have caoched and out of all of the players Buchanan has just impressed me the most. and you can't sit there and say that politics don't come into play because anyone who watches high school basketball knows that they do. it stinks but that is the way it is. so no i don't politic Buchanan, i just think he is very deserving of the award, but so are alot of other players.

that guard from east who you cant remember his name is Isaac Snapp I believe and he is a sophomore. What make him more deserving that Wattad? MVP is most valuable player, you think science hill would be anywhere near where they are without Wattad? The fact that east tn conservative coaches may not want to let a non senior is the only reason (albeit a very bad reason not to give some one an award they deserve) Wattad might not win this season.

This District Tournament is wide open. There are 4 very good teams and some very good individual players on those Teams.

Sullivan Central is a real strong team going into this tourny.. they have the most balanced team and Buchanan is a great player, but he has alot of help. Gabe Buchanan could be the MVP of the Tournament if not the Season. Central won at DB.

Omar W. is a super Jr., but not doubt about it, the Toppers rely on him way to much and they didn't seem to finish the Regular Season like a Champion, did they?

Sullivan South was everyone's favorite to challange the Toppers and they played good at times, not so good at other times. Hauldren and Ashworth make the Rebels hard to beat, especially at Home, huh Toppers? (Toppers lost at South)

The Dobyns-Bennett Indians have the best Coach in East Tennessee, Charlie Morgan proved that this year by taking a team no one gave a chance to in November and won 20 games and the #2 Seed. Jo Jo Throp is a tough guard, like him or hate him, he makes plays for the Indians. Coty Sensabaugh is another fine Guard for the Tribe. The Post Play will make or break the Indians in this Tournament.

Final 4 prediction... DB, Central, South, Science Hill.. that is going to be a strong group going to Greeneville for the Region Tournament.

Let's get it on, and I hope for the best District Tournament and Crowds in years!

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Congrats to the AAA Final four teams. May you represent our district well!!!!

To the other five, next season starts now. Who is willing to do what it takes to get where these final four teams are right now? GOD BLESS!!!!!!!

Stokomo, Volunteer played a great game. In my opinion, maybe deserved the win. Bad call near the end with the walk on Mann. This is the same move he used in the post all night long, nobody on DB could guard him. I have always said that whoever works with the post players at Volunteer does a good job. Sorry to hear about Chad Browder "would have made a huge difference", but all the other guys really stepped up. Good luck to Volunteer next year.