Marion Co.

MCHeadHunter

OK...I'll attempt to answer your questions. First , the minor question. LuvTheGame10 is pretty much in the know and if Luv says that the coaches tried to call it in then you can bank on it. We can't help it if the paper doesn't print it. Knowing both of the coaches as I do I can certainly say without hesitation that neither one was too ashamed or too afraid to call the score in, as your post is so heavily insinuating. Maybe the umps reversed the call in like they did that crucial call during the game. <_<

Now to the more important question. I'll answer it with a question. Why do you even care? This has nothing whatsoever to do with SC and I'm sure that you have no idea what is going on. You just wanted an excuse to get on here and throw pittiful jabs at our coaching staff so you veiled it with a "more important question". The truth is that there is an issue in Jasper that is beginning to fester. The parents, fans and players need an avenue to vent but they know if they do, there'll be possilbe repercussions. The line has been drawn in the sand. Obviously, one poster has stated his/her position. Correct me if I'm wrong, oh great Indian, but isn't that what this forum is for? It's obvious that this particular poster has a vested interest in the goings on of the team. In reviewing their posts, they have done nothing but defend the kids from what they see as an attempt from the other side to sway public opinion. Those of you on the outside have no idea what is happening and should keep your respective noses out of it. This is an internal matter that will be resolved, one way or another, in due time. But for now, don't patronize the parents and fans that want to get on here and vent their frustrations. And especially don't do it with a hidden agenda!

Your people got on here and talked and talked about the basketball coaches, now the softball coaches, and on coaching positions for other programs. It doesn't help things especially when not all the facts are known. I don't know all the facts, didn't claim to, just asking do you think it's hurting the team? Everyone has an opinion-but my question again is do you think getting on here and giving those opinions does any good? I also was talking about the things in the other thread on Marion-East Ridge, do you think those are good topics for everyone in the state to read about, rumored problems between players? And yes, the question about the call-in was minor, if not for the more important part I'd never have brought it up. It wasn't in there the next day so naturally anyone would think it wasn't called in by the hosts. Luvthegame answered it perfectly, and I'm sure has no reason to make something up, end of story. Some hosts have not called in results this year so it doesn't hurt for visitors to do it if there's time. As for the "reversed call" you should let everyone know what happened. A throw to the 3rd baseman from the catcher on a pickoff attempt was not caught and went into the dugout, maybe 10 feet from the third baseman. Two runs scored and there was a dead ball, but the umps didn't know at the time there was a door that should have been closed. One of them explained that after the game. One of your players closed it, actually, after runs scored, but they should have had it closed to begin with. When they were alerted to that, the runs were taken off. What you failed to mention was right after that Paris drove in both runs anyway, so it wouldn't have made a difference either way. The next batter struck out to end the inning, so there would have been no chance for Paris to score either. Those are facts.

Edited by Indian

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about all this stuff and had never read any post on this topic. I guess the reason I'm posting now My kid plays for Kingston and they played Marion Co in the Cumberland Co toruny I thought Marion was a well coached team and the players played hard. I know it's none of my busniess and I have no ties to the team so my two cents are keep playing hard and good things will happen and the bad things will pass.

Edited by wpasi

I don't know about all this stuff and had never read any post on this topic. I guess the reason I'm posting now My kid plays for Kingston and they played Marion Co in the Cumberland Co toruny I thought Marion was a well coached team and the players played hard. I know it's none of busniess and I have no ties to the team so my two cents are keep playing hard and good things will happen and the bad things will pass.

They do have at least four or five really good players and the coaches seem like good guys. My questions were just on if all this talk on who's coaching and why, who's not and why, players blaming players and such are worth posting on here and the very unimportant question on calling in the game was jumped on.

It still wouldn't have mattered. Paris got a hit and drove both runs in. You and I will just have to agree to disagree, I am done with the topic, I don't think the talk about coaches, player conflict (if there is any) should be discussed on a public forum, you may think it's fine to do so. I would ask the person causing most of the problems to please stop if it was Sequatchie. I never said Marion had a bad team, their coaches can't coach, or anything like that, and yes I was pleased to see Seq beat them-that's a compliment to your team.

Not a mod for softball/baseball, if I was I'd have given some thought to closing the other one or at least giving a warning. You can email CoachT directly and ask him to email her, she can be banned from the site if it's a big enough problem. Are Spangler and Paris getting attention from colleges?

Edited by Indian

Chattanooga State would be a good place for both, get two years of college in and maybe transfer on, or just complete college without playing after the sophomore year. It seems like they look close to home first then go outside the area when they have to, unlike some schools. Covenant is starting a program and will be needing a lot of players.

Griffith is off the team unless she changed her mind and was allowed to come back. No fault of her own, the way I'm told.

Sarah Griffith is in her final year at Motlow and is doing pretty well. She even got to hit in a game the other day and went 2 - 3 with a home run and two or three RBI's. That was the first game that she was able to hit in. Her record at the time was 7 - 0 with a 0.4 ERA.

Mathews is the former Marion County player on Chattanooga State's roster. I had heard that both she and Emily Baker from Sequatchie County had quit or were going to quit. That's a shame because both girls were good players and even better persons. Good luck to both of them as they move to the next steps in their lives.

I don't know about all this stuff and had never read any post on this topic. I guess the reason I'm posting now My kid plays for Kingston and they played Marion Co in the Cumberland Co toruny I thought Marion was a well coached team and the players played hard. I know it's none of my busniess and I have no ties to the team so my two cents are keep playing hard and good things will happen and the bad things will pass.

Hey wpasi, is your daughter the lefty pitcher?

Sarah Griffith is in her final year at Motlow and is doing pretty well. She even got to hit in a game the other day and went 2 - 3 with a home run and two or three RBI's. That was the first game that she was able to hit in. Her record at the time was 7 - 0 with a 0.4 ERA.

Mathews is the former Marion County player on Chattanooga State's roster. I had heard that both she and Emily Baker from Sequatchie County had quit or were going to quit. That's a shame because both girls were good players and even better persons. Good luck to both of them as they move to the next steps in their lives.

Barker was hitting .350 in the last stats I saw, don't see her quitting though she probably could and still have an academic scholarship.

Griffith wasn't at the games Friday.

Edited by Indian