Lavergne @ Siegel

Bigdust100

am not trying to take anything away from Jimmy, but some of the stats in the Tennessean are wrong. I know for a fact that Lebanon's is wrong because the Tennessean has them laying 5-6 less than they really did. If the stats are correct for all the high scorers, then congrats to Jimmy.

The stats are correct...Lebanon announcers were following it the whole way...He had 17 after the first half. Unless your stat man is wrong and so are your announcers and our stat guy? :lol:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you're right it's definitely not the way I would've liked to go in either but all we can do now is look towards the next game. Hopefully this will be a severe wake up call (I thought LEBANON would be :lol: ) for the stars and they'll come out to play come district tournament time. Thanks OaklandGrad for giving us a chance, I'm confident the Stars will pull together at the right time, hopefully just like last year (maybe win 2 more games then last year :lol: )

Props to Lavergne, sounds like they played with a lotta heart

Thanks for the compliment, but to me, I dont love Siegel, but as a fan of the game, you have to recongnize the talent they have and try to stir all the bs and biased hate towards them. I saw all of them in action in action as freshmen and I believe all of them to be good guys off the court, they probably get a little too worked up on it, but it doesnt mean they are bad guys, rather than talking about all this bs about their attitude and such, Id rather just talk basketball, instead of trying to degrade Siegel anyway possible. I dont believe losing 2 in a row is any way to go into a tourney, but Siegel has done it before and has been finne, but I hope they dont think they can just all of a sudden flip on a switch and be fine, sometimes it just wont work that way and Im afraid that could be Siegel's case down the road if they dont pick it up soon

Thanks for the compliment, but to me, I dont love Siegel, but as a fan of the game, you have to recongnize the talent they have and try to stir all the bs and biased hate towards them. I saw all of them in action in action as freshmen and I believe all of them to be good guys off the court, they probably get a little too worked up on it, but it doesnt mean they are bad guys, rather than talking about all this bs about their attitude and such, Id rather just talk basketball, instead of trying to degrade Siegel anyway possible. I dont believe losing 2 in a row is any way to go into a tourney, but Siegel has done it before and has been finne, but I hope they dont think they can just all of a sudden flip on a switch and be fine, sometimes it just wont work that way and Im afraid that could be Siegel's case down the road if they dont pick it up soon

Yeah i agree with that. I think Siegel has proven to enjoy being looked at like more of an underdog then a favorite. We play good teams we play well. We play average teams we dont play well and we dont pull out the W. You give Nathaniel Green 23 points and 18 rebounds your not going to win many games. Even in double ot. We may start slow in district prolly wont be to impressive but we will just get rolling and i think that we can deffinetly make it back to state.

Siegel[/url]Nation07' post='825942395' date='Feb 15 2006 - 03:40 PM']

We have jimmy Oden and a McDonalds All American in keith ramsey. Im still trying to figure out why neither of them had the ball at the end of the game instead of cutter.

A true winner will go get the ball and carry his team to victory. Sounds to me neither one of the two wanted the ball in the last seconds???

A true winner will go get the ball and carry his team to victory. Sounds to me neither one of the two wanted the ball in the last seconds???

yea....you obviously don't know Jimmy Oden. For some reason coach didn't put the ball in his hands. They had a play drawn up to go down low and when Darius Roper was covered on his cut Cutter tried to lob it up to either Lucas or Keith. Keith was open but Cutter's pass hit the rim and Greene got the rebound. Don't recall where Jimmy was but if it was up to him he would have the ball anybody who knows Siegel knows the ball should have been in his hands and that if there was a way he could get it he would have

Unless, and I wasn't there, LaVergne knew they had to keep it out of Jimmy and Keith's hands.....

Well Keith was right under the basket..I think thats where Cutter was trying to go...just put a lil too much air under the basket.

But even so, Cookeville knew Oden was gonna get the ball but we all know how that turned out. They knew it was gonna be in his hands at end of regulation and OT as well.