Top Seniors

adidas1

Not true my friend. I play college soccer and played the best of each division. Rio Grande (NAIA school) from 2 or 3 years ago could have beaten Indiana, UCLA, etc HANDS DOWN. NAIA draws a lot of foreign players, and in my opinion plays prettier soccer than D1. D1 draws the guys that get the most publicity. King, my NAIA school, lost to NC State last year 3-1 after being tied 1-1 at half. They had all of their players, including their foward who was recently aquired by the LA Galaxy. The players are bigger and stronger in D1 and thats it. The best of the NAIA could compete with any D1 team. Mark my words. I have played ODP and all that garbage, and it's all political. There's no difference when you get down to it.

King was looking good this season, they will be even better the next two years, should compete for a top ten spot over the next couple of years.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Welshdragon. I think I remember you being from NE TN. You should come up and watch some games. We were the AAC Conference champs and were one game away from nationals. This year we only lost 3 seniors and we started 8 sophomores, 1 senior, and 1 freshman. We should be back next year!

How come whenever i come see ya'll play you always lose? :huh:

Thanks Welshdragon. I think I remember you being from NE TN. You should come up and watch some games. We were the AAC Conference champs and were one game away from nationals. This year we only lost 3 seniors and we started 8 sophomores, 1 senior, and 1 freshman. We should be back next year!

Dont live in the NE anymore but try to get to a couple of games. Got to a couple in the fall, the team looks like it can only get better.

Not true my friend. I play college soccer and played the best of each division. Rio Grande (NAIA school) from 2 or 3 years ago could have beaten Indiana, UCLA, etc HANDS DOWN. NAIA draws a lot of foreign players, and in my opinion plays prettier soccer than D1. D1 draws the guys that get the most publicity. King, my NAIA school, lost to NC State last year 3-1 after being tied 1-1 at half. They had all of their players, including their foward who was recently aquired by the LA Galaxy. The players are bigger and stronger in D1 and thats it. The best of the NAIA could compete with any D1 team. Mark my words. I have played ODP and all that garbage, and it's all political. There's no difference when you get down to it.

I dont know anything about Rio Grande but I do know about Union University and Southern Weslyan in South Carolina who both won or almost won the NAIA National Championships and I cant see that either of those teams could legitimately be compared to a Div 1 soccer team-but hey-thats just me.

Never heard of any of those schools. Maybe way back in the day they were good, but not now. Just b/c you play D1 for a Big East or Conf. USA school doesn't mean anything. There are a few top flight programs, but they "mid level" teams are nothing special. I wouldn't say this if I hadn't played against the competition. I would put Lindsey Wilson, the NAIA national champ up against Marlyand or UCLA anyday..