3rd team

Allison West-LA

Jada Ledbetter-LA

Mallie Stephens-LA

Kelsea McDaniel-UHS

Kaitlin Gregory-SCHS

Jessica Massey-SCHS

MVP Brandi Brown-York

I believe this is correct, if I made a mistake please correct me. Congrats to all girls, this is something to be extremely proud of.

Alison West of LA got Most Valuable Defensive Player

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this had to do with anything, but both LA and Upperman lost in district tournament second round. Individual awards are nice, but the state is where it matters. Both of these teams coaches have won states and should have known to keep the focus on the court, not the trophies!

Upperman has no state titles, but they have a few runner-ups!

I don't know if this had to do with anything, but both LA and Upperman lost in district tournament second round. Individual awards are nice, but the state is where it matters. Both of these teams coaches have won states and should have known to keep the focus on the court, not the trophies!

"Trophy Gate" may have distracted them momentarily, but I don't think District 8 has enough to take advantage of the situation. Two 7AA teams will likely come out of the Regional tournament. Maybe DCA will prove me wrong?

Any time people are voting on awards, there are going to be hurt feelings...that is why every award should be based on stats...popularity contests are for yearbooks, not sports awards...

I congratulate all the award winners...and I'm fairly certain that most of those that won the top honors this year have the stats to back them up...and that's good...

I'm proud of the girls in our district...they carry themselves with such pride and class...and any awards they receive...they deserve...

"Trophy Gate" may have distracted them momentarily, but I don't think District 8 has enough to take advantage of the situation. Two 7AA teams will likely come out of the Regional tournament. Maybe DCA will prove me wrong?

DCA will.

It is really a plus that district 8 is weak, other than D.C.A. Depending upon who comes out 4th in 7AA, one of the teams that most expected to be in the State playoffs may not survive. It may be tough for Upperman or Livingston to play DCA first, because they will be comming off of 2 losses in a row. They could really use a play-in game before having to play DCA. I can assure you that the Coach at DCA has had plenty of playoff experience and has been prepairing to play upperman again, I would think that DCA is more than ready. I can see where York will cause matchup problems for DCA in the event they play, but unless York can get lots of guard play, they would lose to DCA as well.

What happened to DeKalb County's previous coach, Victor Harrison??

Victor Harrison went to Cumberland Co. where he is assistant coach for the girls basketball.....when he left DeKalb he told his girls that "he loved them" but yet he didn't come and see them once since he had left....but when it came time for districts he was there but he wasn't on DeKalb's side. He sat over wtih the LA fans and didn't say anything to any of DeKalb's girls...so looks like DeKalb is better off without him and moving on to bigger and better things!