Maryville Snubbed by PrepXtra top 10

MRFan4U

TONY WHITE JR....CLASS AAA Mr. Basketball Finalist....yet he's overrated!!! Please now. The Kid can flat out play and it is evidence by his selction as a finalist for Mr. Basketball. You may be the only one who thinks that Tony White is not good....now Lee and Tony both have something in common

These forums should never be about criticizing "kids"--------------Give him his just do.

Here is an interesting thought. The top 2 teams of 3AAA will be rewarded by having to play the top two teams in 4AAA, Bearden and William Blount who will finish 3 and 4 in district. Sometimes it does not pay to finish 1 and 2 in the district.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is true that the Dragons have ended the Rebels season in the region a many times in the last 10-12 years. However, there have also been times when the Rebels have returned the favor. [ Dragons #1 out of DIII with Toree Morris, Maryville ends season for Dragons, Maryville ends season for Dragons when Humphrey was senior]. So, for sure, the Dragons have great respect for the Rebels and if confronted will take them seriously. Indeed, any team that makes it to the Region will be a contender and should never be taken lightly.

Good luck to all teams in the post season !

Dragons vs Rebels. 7pm, Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2006, 1st round, Region 2-AAA.

See you there ! Dragons will be ready.

WOW...this just goes to show you anything can happen come tournament time. Both the #1 and #2 seeds from both district tournaments lost their semi final games and now it if all the higher seeds would have won, the seeding for the region tournament would have been the exact same as it is now. That is wild. Good luck to all teams playing this week, just wish it was not all the way in Sevierville. This should be some really great B-ball being played this week. Also, what about Oak Ridge and Heritage girls having to play in the first round.

Maryville lived up to their dangerous billing and Maples, Basile and Tate showed why they are three of the best players in the Region. Unfortunately for Maryville is they will actually be playing one of the top teams in the other district (Clinton) while WB and Bearden get two of the weaker 3AAA teams in Halls and Powell.

We'll see how weak Powell is tomorrow night.

I don't think will see a 3AAA sweep. All 4 games could go either way.

Powell is by no means weak.

I hope the Dragons are ready CHSBB fan. I believe they been looking forward to the region for a while.

Powell and Halls are both strong. Just that both districts are flip flopped with the season best teams finishing in the bottom and vice versa. So the regions are played as they would normally be if there weren't four upsets. I don't think this has ever happened before.

Halls or Powell could win it all. Maryville was and is dangerous because no one expected them to be there. Maryville seem to be operating below the radar much like William Blount (watch them too). Should be an exciting tournament and 4 will be going home tonight. After the two districts anything can happen. And dont count Bearden or Clinton out or Farragut and OR. We will see who really is all region this week.

Edited by MRFan4U

this might be the best set of region games that i have seen in a long time. should be an exciting week. most of these games are toss ups. i will say that bearden or OR might be the favorites, but you cant count out anyone. WB and Maryville are sleepers and , but i think that either one can win it all. who know about clinton? if they were more disciplined, they might be one of the favorites. but, as it is, the just run around and throw up bad shots. if dye gets hot though, watch out, they could win it. i doubt it though. halls has had a great year and can light it up on any given night. sharp is a competitor and will make sure that his team is ready to play after being embarrassed the other night. cant wait to watch these games, should be the best around!

Powell and Halls are both strong. Just that both districts are flip flopped with the season best teams finishing in the bottom and vice versa. So the regions are played as they would normally be if there weren't four upsets. I don't think this has ever happened before.

Halls or Powell could win it all. Maryville was and is dangerous because no one expected them to be there. Maryville seem to be operating below the radar much like William Blount (watch them too). Should be an exciting tournament and 4 will be going home tonight. After the two districts anything can happen. And dont count Bearden or Clinton out or Farragut and OR. We will see who really is all region this week.

That's certainly insightful...You just said everyone could win. Who's your money on????

That's certainly insightful...You just said everyone could win. Who's your money on????

My money is on the T n T's , Tyler,Tate and Tucker since they were not even mentioned on unapproved website all region team, yet every 3AAA team had one member on the first team and Clinton (tonights game) had two, Dye and Dixon (on the first team). By the way Clinton was the only team with two so they must be real strong?

TPrephoops all region picks

Tony White Jr.-Bearden (MVP)

Cameron Sharp-Knoxville Halls

Grant Domsic-Oak Ridge

Steve Pearl-Knoxville West

Keith Bauer-Heritage

Jonathan Dye-Clinton

Chris Connor-Powell

Rande Sibley-Bearden

Jordan Dixon-Clinton

Honorable Mention

B.J. Ware-Bearden

Lateef Michael-Knoxville West

Josh Hilbert-William Blount

Quinche Dowdell-Oak Ridge

Lee Smith-Powell

James Feezel-Sevier County

B.J. Browning-Farragut

Kent Basile-Maryville

Brandon McGill-Knoxville Central

Michael Hermasillo-Karn

Jordan Glasgow-William Blount

Maryville gets snubbed again and I think the TnT's have something to prove tonight and the rest of the region tournament. Douglas ,Brown, West and Damron etc will be ready too as will be Basile the token honorable mention. Hopefully the all region team will be after the tournament and reflect head to head competition and not just stats. There is more to basketball than points scored...........how about rebounds,assists, steals and the often overlooked good defense? You might need to attend more than a few games to see the difference. Like I said before Maryville is a very dangerous foe from here on out. Get ready for the 3 tigers (T N T's) to come out of their cage in the regions.

Edited by MRFan4U