Does West Tn have a chance at bringing home all 3 championships again?

warmachine7954

I don't think it will be a sweep, but I think A and AA are gonna be won by the West.....

A......Lake County(District Champions in the toughest district in the state)....Humboldt(Beaten UC twice...Runner up in 14A)...Union City(Beat Lake County, Humboldt, Haywood, and is 3rd in 14A).....Middleton(THE defending state champs,and the 15A district champs)....Middle College( beat Middleton by 20 and was runnerup to Middleton in 15A).....

AA.....Bolivar( Have beaten Liberty(2), Haywood, finished 2nd in the Arby's Classic.....and regular season champs in the district)...Liberty(#2 in the state...beat Raleigh Egypt, Union City, and beat Haywood twice)....Haywood(#4 team in the state...has beaten Union City and some out of state powerhouses).....Mitchell(have beaten many out of state power houses...beaten Bolivar...played Brentwood Academy close)

One of those teams will win a state championship this year.....I'm not sure on AAA, but Hamilton and Raleigh Egypt are good, but not sure how good they will do in State.....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel it could be quite possible that not all three but all six balls could be comming back west of the tennessee river this year.

A- Union City, Middleton, Middle College, Humboldt-who was there last year in AA with the bulk of that squad back.

AA- Haywood, Bolivar, Mitchell, GW Carver, Liberty who has some incentive playing in memory of the two Long brothers who lost their father to a stroke a couple of weeks ago.

AAA- Hamilton, Ridgeway, Raleigh Egypt, last years AA runner up lead by junior point gaurd who is being heavily recruited by coach Paul Hewitt of Georgia Tech.

Not to say that this is a lock because Sigel had a good team last year and made a good run but they lack the depth that these three AAA teams have.

YOU LEFT OUT LAKE CO.!!!!

CC

I'm absolutely not sure...but I agree with you that in the last decade...I can only think of Middleton too.

I think only Middleton has won single A from West Tn. 1993 & 2005, saw it posted a couple of days ago that went from 94-05 and Middleton was the only team. Middleton lost in semis in 92, won in 93, lost in 1st round of 94.

I believe that's all it is ... a chance. I do think AA is where a west team will get the ball but in AAA & A I think teams from the east and mid have as good a shoy or better to win a championship. :lol:

So your saying that Hamilton doesn't have the best chance in West Tn of bringing the trophy home? Only undefeated team left in the state of Tn, #12 in the nation and they don't have the best chance????

All of you need to remember that four out of the ap top 10 come from one region in single a and three of those from one district. Then you have another wtn team in the top ten in middleton. So 50 percent of the top ten comes from wtn in single a (only 1/3 of the state). So it seems to me by this that the wtn teams not only have a better chance at state but they also have the toughest road to the title!

CC

All of you need to remember that four out of the ap top 10 come from one region in single a and three of those from one district. Then you have another wtn team in the top ten in middleton. So 50 percent of the top ten comes from wtn in single a (only 1/3 of the state). So it seems to me by this that the wtn teams not only have a better chance at state but they also have the toughest road to the title!

CC

Again with the toughest road. Balanced district yes... best district top to bottom yes... but look at the rest of the schedule of these teams ... not that impressive. As I have said on here before to be the best you have to beat the best... and the best is still in front of you! Good luck and we'll see who the best is in the next few weeks. ;)

I think A and AA are almost a lock for the championship going to the west...with the way Grace Academy has been playing lately, I have lost a little faith in them...however, things happen (Cully is in the west, aren't they??? If they aren't then Im picking the west to only bring home one title)...in AA, I just don't believe there is anybody that can succesfully knock off Bolivar Central & Mitchell...to win the state, according to the brackets, you must achieve this feat...I don't see it happening...however, again, stranger things have happened...AAA could goto Siegel...

I think A and AA are almost a lock for the championship going to the west...with the way Grace Academy has been playing lately, I have lost a little faith in them...however, things happen (Cully is in the west, aren't they??? If they aren't then Im picking the west to only bring home one title)...in AA, I just don't believe there is anybody that can succesfully knock off Bolivar Central & Mitchell...to win the state, according to the brackets, you must achieve this feat...I don't see it happening...however, again, stranger things have happened...AAA could goto Siegel...

Cully is in the mid as well as Friendship and Clay... still think one of those 3 + Grace and Temple can play with the west. ;)