Does West Tn have a chance at bringing home all 3 championships again?

warmachine7954

Again with the toughest road. Balanced district yes... best district top to bottom yes... but look at the rest of the schedule of these teams ... not that impressive. As I have said on here before to be the best you have to beat the best... and the best is still in front of you! Good luck and we'll see who the best is in the next few weeks. :thumb:

When you say look at the rest of the schedules..Lake Co has played several Illinois teams and Kentucky teams,Middle College, Halls 3 times,Humboldt 3 times,Trenton 3 times,and U.C. twice thus far...18 pretty tough games....Union City has played Lake Co,Humboldt,Trenton,Bolivar,Haywood Co and I believe an Ark team ..Not too shabby of a schedule ..

Edited by mrbigster

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess there's always a possibility but i think that in class A it will be very unlikely. i think the east will take this one

I hope your talkin about water polo that east will take home a gold ball because it wont be in basketball. District 14a is the strongest district in single a for a reason. That reason is because of how they compeat with not only the best teams in state but out of state as well. Be prepared to watch a all west tennessee state tournment in single a it will be either lake county or union city vs humboldt in the title game.

When you say look at the rest of the schedules..Lake Co has played several Illinois teams and Kentucky teams,Middle College, Halls 3 times,Humboldt 3 times,Trenton 3 times,and U.C. twice thus far...18 pretty tough games....Union City has played Lake Co,Humboldt,Trenton,Bolivar,Haywood Co and I believe an Ark team ..Not too shabby of a schedule ..

i agree lake co. has played a tough schedule...their the only team from the west i respect and i think they have to be considered one of the top teams in the state right now....they will be a contender for the title....but i dont think the west will dominate the tourney by any means

I think only Middleton has won single A from West Tn. 1993 & 2005, saw it posted a couple of days ago that went from 94-05 and Middleton was the only team. Middleton lost in semis in 92, won in 93, lost in 1st round of 94.

Middleton won in 1992. They lost in semis in 91 and first round in 93. South Fulton won in 2000. Middleton of course won in 05.

I hope your talkin about water polo that east will take home a gold ball because it wont be in basketball. District 14a is the strongest district in single a for a reason. That reason is because of how they compeat with not only the best teams in state but out of state as well. Be prepared to watch a all west tennessee state tournment in single a it will be either lake county or union city vs humboldt in the title game.

Read my earlier post Great district on that we all agree... But how do you think ya'll are just going to walk into the 'boro ? look at Grace, Temple, Cosby Culleoka, Clay, Friendship, etc... I think there will be a FEW teams out there that still have have a little more bball in them AGAIN... don't count those chickens just yet!! :thumb:

i agree lake co. has played a tough schedule...their the only team from the west i respect and i think they have to be considered one of the top teams in the state right now....they will be a contender for the title....but i dont think the west will dominate the tourney by any means

Middleton doesn't need respect from you. We earned it last year and until someone knocks us off. RESPECT US! We are the BEST! LC will not make it out of region.

Middleton doesn't need respect from you. We earned it last year and until someone knocks us off. RESPECT US! We are the BEST! LC will not make it out of region.

i didnt say you did....and i respect them in the sense that their posters on here have been real about their teams chances in the state tourney...according to you guys and union city the gold ball might as well just be shipped to the west and let yall play for it :thumb:

Read my earlier post Great district on that we all agree... But how do you think ya'll are just going to walk into the 'boro ? look at Grace, Temple, Cosby Culleoka, Clay, Friendship, etc... I think there will be a FEW teams out there that still have have a little more bball in them AGAIN... don't count those chickens just yet!! :thumb:

we are more than balanced commander1 and when state tournment time come we will show you somethin about command. were goin to command a state title

Edited by lakecountyfan007

we are more than balanced commander1 and when state tournment time come we will show you somethin about command. were goin to command a state title

I am glad ya'll already got the gold ball so I guess we shouldn't even play the games... BUT since we have to we will see if you are still talking all this in a couple of weeks... OH YEAH notice a few post up M- tonn says they will stop you at regions ! I guess that's why we play the games ... on any given night... :thumb: