Baylor

godawgsblue

Coach at home...john hannah is not god. just because he played in the NFL doesn't mean he can coach football.. he might be able to teach linemen the techniques of performing at a high level, but he can't coach the whole team...look at how well he did as the "developer" this year of the football program... and especially look at how well he did at his previous schools and the assault charges he had while he was at those schools...he was the answer baylor was looking for...NOT...austin clark had every right to look outward for a new coach after firing bibee..who took them to the state semi-finals..even after he lost to mccallie...DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB...as a mccallie fan i am sorry to see this happening at baylor

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's certainly nothing funny about the Baylor debacle. Bill Stacy comes off as dishonest, while pandering to the puppeteers who pay his salary....the gang of 3 trustees puts their counterparts at Auburn and Tennessee to shame...and the gaggle of harrumphing 4th generation Baylor apologists sound pretty shallow as they circle the wagons, claiming everybody is happy....where never is heard a discouraging word.

But there is one amusing, perhaps ironic sidebar to all of this. As everyone in Chattanooga knows, the area's population is divided between those who are fortunate enough to be able to afford Baylor (and its big money competitors) and those who can't. Added to the mix, of course are gifted athletes whose tuition is, shall we say, supported by uh, civic-minded alums. Yeah, that's the ticket.

It has long been a custom for public school coaches who happen to have athletically inclined offspring, to switch to Baylor, etc. about the time their talented children reach admission age. Heck of a deal: daddy gets to coach, junior gets to go the big school and play ball absolutely free.

Here's the rub. I know of two such coaches, who have long looked forward to following this path, bathing in Baylor's glory. They get the lifetime Baylor gig, and their superstar kids don't have to mix in with those unwashed public schoolers. Hmmm...wonder if the recent snafus, the upcoming court action and the unsettled athletic dept. shakeup have some of these guys pondering their futures? Just asking.

Coach at home...john hannah is not god. just because he played in the NFL doesn't mean he can coach football.. he might be able to teach linemen the techniques of performing at a high level, but he can't coach the whole team...look at how well he did as the "developer" this year of the football program... and especially look at how well he did at his previous schools and the assault charges he had while he was at those schools...he was the answer baylor was looking for...NOT...austin clark had every right to look outward for a new coach after firing bibee..who took them to the state semi-finals..even after he lost to mccallie...DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB...as a mccallie fan i am sorry to see this happening at baylor

No, Hannah is not god, but in offensive lineman land he's pretty darn close(in a mortal sense of course) and you could be right, head coach may not have been the right position for him...if the powers that be had handled this in a better fashion, they may have found the best role for him, he sure can captivate an audience and could have been an effective 'ambassador'. The man knows football(ya think), did a good job with the o-line, and inspired alot of kids. As for the football development, he never got the chance, he had to continually back down because the coaches wouldn't work with him (although he may have backed down with a fight, being told he would be head coach) As for the exsisting coaches, they were apparently given little if any info putting them in an difficult position. HOWEVER, someone in a leadership position should have stood up and said "y'all better work out your differences, quit whining, and get it together for the boys" because that's what we would expect our kids to do in the same situation.

hiway-

I for one hope they are. (Although we all do what we think is best for our kids, ya gotta give 'em that) But for the members of the 'Baylor family' who are resting on their laurels feeling entitled to bathe in that Baylor glory without giving their position the excellence it requires better start looking over their shoulders.

Whether we agree with the firings or not, I don't think anyone at Baylor is claiming to be happy about this, it is an embarrasment.

(By the way,the public/private split in this town is unbelievable, I think it may be worse with adults than the kids?)

Edited by Coachathome

Baylor looked absolutely horrible tonight in a season ending loss to Webb. It may have been the worst performance I've seen from a Baylor team in the past 10 years. Coach Clark handled himself with the class I've come to expect and went out battling. I think they only scored 9 points in the entire second half. I'm sorry to see him go out on such a sad note. I wonder what effect all this had on the kids??? Edited by IrishBBall

Ronnie Carter was being kind. You should hear what actual Baylor teachers and parents are saying. It isn't flattering.

I am a parent and my kids have been very active in Baylor athletics. I can assure you that there are many parents, like me, who support this decision. For reasons that will not be made public, and should not be made public, the right decision was made. Ronnie Carter took a cheap shot knowing that the Baylor administration has too much class to shoot back. Ronnie Carter should have no comment on a member school's personell decisions. He might want to focus his time on the mess that is the TSSAA.

Edited by mtnrasslin

I am a parent and my kids have been very active in Baylor atheletics. I can assure you that there are many parents, like me, who support this decision. For reasons that will not be made public, and should not be made public, the right decision was made. Ronnie Carter took a cheap shot knowing that the Baylor administration has too much class to shoot back. Ronnie Carter should have no comment on a member school's personell decisions. He might want to focus his time on the mess that is the TSSAA.

Yep. Baylor sure handled these two situations with class. Hats off to the Baylor administration for being sooooo classy.

You are terribly misinformed my friend.

I am afraid it is you who might be misinformed. By the way, in whose mind are you a legend?

Yep. Baylor sure handled these two situations with class. Hats off to the Baylor administration for being sooooo classy.

They have more class than to take cheap shots in the paper and on anonymous message boards.